NEWS

[IC] Waves of Desperation (Seattle Gauntlet, Part I)

  • 374 Replies
  • 55968 Views

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #120 on: <07-31-13/1310:05> »
Shit, Lets give the maintenance doors a try first then. I don't want to survive all this bullshit and then serve time for looting the tools we need to escape!
The lack of response from his earlier 911 call was really beginning to get Matt a bit, scenes of innumerable apocalypse and zombie trids playing throughout his head and making the flickering of the lights that much more scary.
Jesus, what if half of the city is dead? what if the emergency services are dead? Oh fuck. Why the hell did we survive and not them?
Matt re-attached his flashlight into its retaining clip, readied his taser and nodded at the others to move towards the maintenance corridors, sending his little drone ahead to scout.
//Drone command: Move to this position. Scan for contacts//

Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #121 on: <07-31-13/1445:03> »
--Miko--
The building plan you got access to was incomplete, still it covered most places you could be curious about in the current situation. The plan was interactive, as it was on the server of the mall, and it showed the nearest emergency exits, all in a lockdown. In the background, the same message ran as a text through the AR screen of your comm, which you got earlier. You also noticed the maintenance area, which was basically off limits to you, so no further information came about that.
[spoiler=test please]Roll a LOG + Security Procedures (2) test.
Note: usually i would let you roll Security Systems with lower threshold, but this information may be covered by your procedures skill as well.[/spoiler]

--Matt--
As you mentioned getting tools, you involuntarily turned around to see the shops. Most of those were affected by the emergency lockdown, security grilles lowered, lights out.
[spoiler=test please]Roll an INT + Perception(Visual) (4) test.[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #122 on: <07-31-13/1449:08> »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #123 on: <07-31-13/1529:54> »
[spoiler]
logic 2 + security procedures 3 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=0)
critical glitch, use edge to downgrade.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #124 on: <08-01-13/0003:17> »
[spoiler]WHAT THE FUCK.... sorry guys, I posted a nice and elaborate post earlier today and now it's gone... gonna write up a sloppy one now to get the point across... I'm so pissed I don't even wanna write it but whatever...[/spoiler]

Leroy looked to Matt.

"Why not send that drone of yours to look for maintenance access shafts or corridors?"

[spoiler]GAWD I'm so pissed...[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #125 on: <08-01-13/0641:06> »
We're heading to the maintenance corridors now Leroy, Hopefully I can get us through the doors with my contractor's pass. My drone is scouting ahead, I just hope it doesn't find anything too 'interesting'.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #126 on: <08-01-13/1110:51> »
--all--
The nearest maintenance corridor access was, thankfully, not far. You had to walk about 50 meters among the bodies, your nerves getting tauter by the second, then you reached one of the doors leading to the back areas of the mall. The discreet 'Employees only' sign showed both physically and in AR but it gave Matt no pause. He felt a bit nervous while swiping the card in the reader but a quiet click and a brief hiss of air proved he still had his privileges.

The other side of the door showed a different outlook. The corridor ahead of you was almost empty, with a single cleaning drone idling on one side. No bodies lay there, at least not until the corridor ran into another, a T-cross leading left and right. The air felt less heavy, and a bit cooler.

The biggest change was the sound, though. In the customer areas, ads still running, fountains still splashing, some drones whirring around provided a constant background noise, yet everything felt still. From the corridor, the background was dead quiet, but you could hear noises from a distance, as if one or more people spoke.
[spoiler=test please]Roll INT + Perception(Audio) (3).
Modifiers: -3 for distance, -3 for echoes. The latter can be disregarded if you have select sound filter or spatial recogniser.
@Csjarrat: don't roll for the drone yet, it signals "possible contact but no movement" to you.[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #127 on: <08-01-13/1131:53> »
[spoiler]Intuition (5) + Perception (4) + Hearing Spec (2) + Perceptive (1) + Audio Enhancement (3) - Wounds (1) - Distance (3) (11d6.hits(5)=5)[/spoiler]

Joel attempted to breathe slowly to remain calm. The sheer presence of the dead, coupled with what he had seen and felt in the Astral, kept him on edge.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #128 on: <08-01-13/1200:31> »
Matt breathed a sigh of relief as the door opened, his drone moving ahead down the corridor scanning for contacts.
It's trid feed still illuminated half of Matt's face, and he almost religiously checked the helmet's monocle display for contacts, fearing the worst.
The far off voices filled him with fear, were they survivors or the culprits? what would he do if they were the latter? Matt took a deep breath, held it and tried to focus as much as he could on the sounds, mentally dialling up the gain on his audio enhancement and purifying it's stream with the sound filtering module in his earbuds.
[spoiler]Int 3, percep 2, audio enhance 3, actively listening 3, -3 range ,-1 wound + sound filter (7d6.hits(5)=2)[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #129 on: <08-01-13/1216:06> »
Miko breathed a bit better now they weren't walking over bodies anymore.  At least here it was clean.  As she heard voices, she activated her sound filters to get rid of any background noise.

[spoiler]
intuition 4 + perception 3 + audio enhancers 2 - 3 distance =6 (6d6.hits(5)=4)
better  :)
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Ren

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1364
« Reply #130 on: <08-02-13/1013:03> »
[spoiler=Matt]The echoes made impossible to discern individual voices in what surely came from multiple people.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Miko]You heard a male voice, speaking over a hubbub of other voices. He must clearly have been of some importance, because the other voices were hushed. Among the human sounds, there also were mechanical ones, and altogether it spoke of quite a big gathering, and activity.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Joel]You heard a male voice, speaking over a hubbub of other voices. From how the others were muted, and the tone of his voice, you guessed it must be from a trid broadcast, form a news cast. The broadcast must have been taken outside, cars and shouts can be heard in the background, though muted.[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3857
« Reply #131 on: <08-02-13/1110:44> »
"Someone is up there," Miko said as quickly a big Ruger super warhawk appeared in her hand, "let's be cautious."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

MaxKojote

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 556
« Reply #132 on: <08-02-13/1123:26> »
Joel paused briefly, frowning in concentration as he picked up the voices. "... Sounds like a news anchor. Probably outside from the sounds of cars and shouting. Can't quite get what he's saying though..."
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Gustovness

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 392
« Reply #133 on: <08-03-13/0117:18> »
Leroy huddled behind the rest of the group quietly.  He didn't understand why the troll had drawn her weapon.  Maybe it was for the same reason he tried to save the corpses who were all obviously gone.

We're all a lil' screwed up in the head right now...

Regardless, the game that was playing out in Leroy's head of who was in better shape psychologically was a brutal one of cat mouse.  His mind doubted the mental state of his newfound compatriots, then acknowledged that that may be due to his own condition, then back to convincing himself that he was alright and that they we being paranoid.

He remained quiet for the time being and stood behind the group, following them not too closely.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 5107
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #134 on: <08-03-13/0610:39> »
A news anchor? God knows who's stood around watching that and admiring their handiwork
Guys, i'm going to jump into my drone and scout ahead, cover me because my body is going to go limp.
If you need to talk to me, heres my commcode.


Matt jumps into the drone, the simsense washing over him as his commlink hooks his brain up to the drones sensor and control network.
Matt flies down the corridor towards the origin of the noise, hugging the ceiling to reduce his signature, trying to locate the source of the sound and scanning the area with his sensor suite for contacts.
[spoiler]Simple Action: jump into drone {cold sim}
Free Action: Move (no test needed due to VCR reducing piloting threshold of 1->0??)
Simple Action: Observe in detail
Visual:int 3, percep 4, vision enhance 3, active search 3, -1 wound (12d6.hits(5)=7) 7 hits
Audio:int 3, percep 2, audio enhance 3, active search 3, spatial recogniser +2,-1 wound (12d6.hits(5)=4) 4 hits
Motion sensor: no rules for testing

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-03-13/0804:25> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor