NEWS

[IC] Waves of Desperation (Seattle Gauntlet, Part I)

• 374 Replies

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #105 on: <07-24-13/0608:08> »
Something clicked in Matt's head, that unnatural itching feeling, the feeling of being dirty. Biohazard? shit...
He unattaches the flashlight from it's retaining clip on his coat, pulls up his shirt and looks at his skin where it was itching.
Holy shit, this better not be the plague or something. holy shit holy shit...
[spoiler]
int 3, percep 2(4), active search 3, -1 wounds (using flashlight) (9d6.hits(5)=5)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <07-24-13/1420:08> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <07-25-13/0744:31> »
--Matt--
Matt felt both reassured and puzzled at the same time when he didn’t find any sign of sickness or contagion on his skin. It was its usual complexion, and it didn’t feel different to his touch. What increased his puzzlement was that however he touched or scratched around where it felt itchy, the feeling didn’t seem to disappear.

--Joel--
In front of his astral eyes, a disturbing scene played out. Matt checked his body at places where some of the scavengers were feeding from his leaking feelings. As he reached to different points of his body, turning his concentration there, the leaks increased slightly, drawing more scavengers there. As he went on, these quasi-beings followed his hands, looking for places he concentrated on. When he finished checking, they drew back, unsatisfied as ever.
However harmless this scene seemed, Joel wasn't sure it would be beneficial on the long run.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <07-25-13/0943:43> »
"So what do we do now," Jade asked the others, "I doubt that they would let us out without a medical exam I'd rather avoid.  Any ideas?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #108 on: <07-25-13/1227:14> »
Leroy, who had been quiet for some time now, tried to help everyone relax.  His intentions weren't as noble, however.  He almost felt annoyed.  He just wanted to get the hell out of there.

"The protocol may say biohazard but that's not necessarily the case.  Look at all these corpses... they look like they died a slow agonizing biochemically induced death to you? There's no trauma, an unusual lack of blood, no sores, no discoloration..."

Leroy pointed at the emergency exit door.

"Those doors aren't exactly built like they are in prison so it shouldn't be too hard to open it.  If I had my tools, I could cut through it.  We could try disengaging the locks and if that fails, maybe something in the drone shop can blow it up."

Leroy leaned up against the door to gauge how sturdy it was, checking for weight and locking mechanisms.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #109 on: <07-25-13/1835:08> »
Matt finishes his examination of the itchy area and notices Joel staring at him intently.
More than a little scared, Matt mouths silently at Joel "Am I ok?"

Speaking to the group;
If the public exits are shut, I can try the contractors exits, i have a contractors pass that might or might not let us past. other than that we're gonna have to bust our way out though.
Our medic friend raises a good point though, this looks more like everyone is asleep rather than dying of the plague. If it was a contagious biohazard, why are we still able to function fine?
Come on, lets try the maintenance corridor

//Drone command:: Move to the end of the corridor. Scan for contacts continuously.//

Matt starts to double back down the corridor, scanning with his flashlight and checking his drone's AR lowlight camera feed, prepping his contractor's swipe card, hoping against hope that it is still active and will let him through.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <07-26-13/0451:49> »
Joel made a 'so-so' motion with his left hand. "You're not infected. There doesn't seem to be any signs of illness in any of us. However..." He tilted his head to the side."Something is weird about you. Are you feeling particularly emotional or panicky?"

He looked around, speaking to the entire group now. "Something is messed up astrally here. It might just be because of all these deaths occurring at once or that whatever killed these people also damaged the astral space here." He shuddered. "It's rather unhealthy, and I'm going to have to be very careful with what I do. I'm not aspected towards the domain that taints this place." He followed after Matt as the older male began heading back to the corridor.
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #111 on: <07-26-13/0459:15> »
"Joel, I'm really trying to put a brave face on it here, but I am shitting myself. I've never been so fucking scared mate. Lets just get out of here."
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #112 on: <07-26-13/0827:24> »
--Leroy--
Unfortunately, the company that built the Rider seemed to be keen on investing in security. The door wouldn't budge however hard you pushed. It seemed reasonable to try and find a different exit point, and the maintenance doors would have at least expanded the area you could search.
[spoiler=test please]Roll LOG + Engineering (Civil) to get detailed information.[/spoiler]
Bulldog
Stake

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #113 on: <07-27-13/1143:36> »
[spoiler]log 3, engineering 3 (civil 5) (8d6.hits(5)=4)[/spoiler]
Doubling back on themselves, Matt led the group back to the maintenance corridors, retrieving his passkey and tentatively swiping it into the maglock..

« Last Edit: <07-27-13/1147:23> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #114 on: <07-30-13/1542:32> »
[spoiler]Checking out the door

LOG 5 + Engineering 2 + Civil 2 - Wounds 1 = 8 (8d6.hits(5)=5)

Half of my dice pool landed in 6's[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <07-30-13/1612:09> »
--Leroy--
Checking the frame of the door verified your suspicion. This exit - and probably all emergency exits - were built to withstand a lot more force than you four could have exerted. There were probably three ways to open them: by a command from the building's security system, or in case it didn't work, by a physical switch or a master key. The second should have been near the door somewhere, unless, for some unfathomable security standard, they put it on the security corridor - on the other side of the door.
Your guess was that getting to some maintenance or security area would improve your chances of finding a working exit. Especially at areas where the builders didn't count on a huge number of customers, somewhere hidden in the bowels of the building.

--Matt--
The drone still didn't report any kind of movement, any presence besides yours. It hovered and zoned around your little group continuously, carrying out your order.
Bulldog
Stake

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <07-31-13/0154:08> »
"Just our luck, an emergency exit you can't open in an emergency," Jade said, "add the architect and the constructors to the list of of people we want to see when we get out."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

MaxKojote

• Omae
« Reply #117 on: <07-31-13/0252:26> »
"I have a sneaking suspicion that the list of people will grow a fair bit before we get out here." He rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration. "'Go shopping!' They said. 'What could go wrong?'"
Spoken
Thoughts
Matrix
Astral

Fang (Auburn Logrolling)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #118 on: <07-31-13/1222:55> »
Ok guys, it doesn't look like we're going to get through this door without some serious cutting gear. I'd imagine the glass frontage is going to be hardened so gangers can't ramraid the stuffer shack, so we aint gonna punch through that without decent gear either. I've been working here as a contractor and have a swipe card for the maintenance area, I have no idea if it will still be active but its worth a try.
If that doesn't work, then we need to go shopping for tools. I can probably coerce a door into behaving properly given the right tools and a bit of time.
Miko, you work security here right? Do these emergency exit doors cover the exits to the public carparks and the transit system too?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <07-31-13/1249:57> »
"I'm just a contractor for the opening day," Miko said, while calling up the plan of the building she still had on her commlink, "I know there's emergency exits all over the place, but I wasn't made aware of special protocols concerning biohazards.  I mean, who expects that on a mall.  But we can assume that all emergency doors will be locked with the same protocol."