NEWS

[IC] The 'Doc' will see you now!

  • 285 Replies
  • 41720 Views

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« on: <05-30-13/0154:42> »
The 'Doc' will see you now!


Cast:
HydroRaven - Francois St-Martin
Thrass - Andy
Solodice - Miner Fox
Obidancer - Kyo

Synopsis:
Moscow is in chaos following recent events and now more than ever the Vory run this city. Work is scarce except in the shadows...
« Last Edit: <05-31-13/1739:06> by cr4kp0t »
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #1 on: <05-31-13/1817:25> »
The streets of Moscow are desolate and abandoned a brisk breeze whistles through the streets biting with a bitter northerly chill. All around there is nothing but an eerie calm as deserted vehicles litter the streets. In the distance a faint crackle of burning building can be heard punctuated with the staccato shots of weapons fire. A faint glow lights the horizon in the failing light of dusk as the snow begins to fall...

 The news report that now feels like a tired old recording repeats its self for the 3rd time this hour...

Good evening viewers! Earlier today a dedicated terrorist force seized an Evo Corporate arcology on the outskirts of the city. The corporate security stationed there were no match this trained professional group. Immediately a task force was mobilized to combat this threat and to free the arcology from the terrorists! The two forces have now been locked in a vicious firefight struggling to assert their dominance for control.

Our very own Vera Stinsky is on the scene.
"Vera what's going on down there....
have the Corporate forces made a breakthrough yet?"

"Hans, the scene down here is like a war zone... the corporate forces are being pinned down by heavy surpressive fire, they have called in a specialist unit to try and 'resolve' the matter but are reluctant to press on given the massacre of the on-site security teams....

It truly is a horrific scene and we can only hope that is resolved soon!"

[The camera pans round to shown the front of the burning arcology complex with the dead mutilated bodies of security guards brazenly being displayed in a primitive fashion. as the camera feed dies and is replaced by static]

It would seem we have lost the feed from the ground. Please we urge you all to take great care if you are in the vicinity of the Tolskoi District... Stay indoors and wait for instructions from the authorities.

This is Hans Tammier for Evo News. wishing you all a safe evening!


As the news report fades away a rumbling noise can be heard in the distance that builds in a deafening crescendo the earth begins to shake beneath your feet and the buildings tremble and groan. A  distant flash lights the evening skyline and suddenly all is quiet, the shaking stops and the day fades away into blackness....
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #2 on: <05-31-13/2018:23> »
The Colt Government sat broken down into it's basic components in front of Miner Fox on his kitchen table. Miner already had the trigger mechanism in hand and had a rag with gun cleaner going over it already... old habits died hard. All in the while he had the trid projecting in AR to his right... something about an EVO archology under assault by some terrorists.

Miner's attention was fully grabbed when the reporter mentioned the scene looked like a war zone, "Hardly a war zone." Miner said with a slight huff.

Miner began to reassemble the Colt Government back together when the video cut to static. Next came the rumbling and Miner assembling the rest of the Colt in a quick and skilled fashion when the rumbling began. Miner was hastily making his way into his room while loading in the clip to his Colt when the flash hit. He hit the deck as fast as he could... old habits really died hard. The lights then started to flick and cut out in his apartment and finally cut out for good.

Now I'm going to have a lot of fun finding my shoes.
« Last Edit: <05-31-13/2114:17> by Solodice »
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #3 on: <05-31-13/2342:52> »
The Hotel room was cozy and well furnished; a few more minutes of tinkering and Kyo would be done with redirecting the reservation and bill processing between various Airways Companies that use this hotel in the heart of Moscow for the layover of their crew. He was pretty excited. Not about Moscow. Not about the cold and snow. Not about the Jetlag still hitting him. All that he couldn't stand.
He was excited because the Matrix was bursting with life, information was flowing. Of course people had died; and of the live ones, most were afraid, some worried, a few angry, but all had their mind pointed at the same event, and it was happening right here in Moscow.

While working on securing his lodging for the next couple weeks, Ginji, as he was known in the Matrix, had compiled a Code Sprite, with the tasks to filter through this flow of information and snatch the good pieces, decrypting them if needed. Whatever was happening in that arcology he would love to take an insider look.

Then the floor shook. Chikushō! (Oh Shit!) He ran to the balcony to see if he could have a glance at what was going on, or what just had happened!
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #4 on: <06-01-13/0022:22> »
Francois (Frank for those who knew him) was in an upscale bar somewhere in Moscow, sipping on some brandy. While everyone else was raving about vodka (and paying up the nose for it), Frank couldn't stand the swill. Nothing beat a well-rounded brandy in his books. As he sat there, talking to a pretty thing, something about a hostage situation playing on the Trid in the background, he was wondering why he was wasting his time here. Someone had told him the "Ice Cube" was an up-and-coming place but he definitely didn't see it. Seemed like just another watering hole for the wannabes.

Just as he had decided to leave the place, the ground shook and the lights went out. Frank's first instinct was to flip a table over and take cover behind it, taking out his Government 2066. As his eyes were adjusting to the darkness, he sat there behind the table, wondering what was going on...
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #5 on: <06-01-13/0530:41> »
Andy was at his friends where they wanted to watch sports... not infomercials (no news feed at home so I have to be somewhere else) and opened another can of beer.

Say how far is that away from here?
I don't want to run into a lockdown on my way home, mabe I should leave now.


« Last Edit: <06-01-13/0532:22> by Thrass »
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #6 on: <06-02-13/0602:28> »
As the sun rises over Moscow things seem to be returning to normal for most of the city, people going about their day to day lives in their day to fashions. in only the way a large group of people can forget about a major event these people have.

There is a total media blackout with regards to the incident in the Tolskoi District and the Evo arcology.

You all find the following message on your comm links from an anonymous user.

[TEXT ONLY]
<<<I'm sure you must by now be aware of what happened yesterday assuming you didn't feel it happen yourself.

This strange event has caused a lot of things to change and there is much work to be done in the shadows.

I need talented individuals such as yourself for a job.

If your interested meet me at the 'Borscht Boris' tonight at 8pm. >>>


The time is 8:45 October 7th 2073
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #7 on: <06-02-13/0643:28> »
Andy receives the message on his morning walk and looks up the Bar and all the available info he can get.
[spoiler]Matrix search. (3d6.hits(5)=1)[/spoiler]

He then walks home and prepares.
Andy gets his trusty weapon out of the locker and starts to disassemble,clean and reassemble it, checks the clips and packs his bag.
He lays out his Armor, checks every piece and straps the helmet onto the bag.

Then he goes outside to tend to his garden and holds a ritual to appease the spirits with plants from the garden.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #8 on: <06-02-13/0819:05> »
Frank is already on his way home, soycaf in hand when the message appears in AR. "Nothing like the possibility of work to make the walk of shame more enjoyable" he thinks to himself as he reads the anonymous letter. After thinking about it, he decides it's worth a look. He does, however, want to know what kind of place the Borscht Boris is, so he sends a message to Alexei, his fixer, asking him "what do you know about the Borscht Boris?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #9 on: <06-02-13/0906:49> »
@ Thrass

search results:
[spoiler]Borscht Boris is a small family run restaurant that serve local Russian food cooked the old fashioned way.
Owned by Orlov Blonsky and licensed to serve synthahol of all varieties.

331 Julien St
Tolskoi
Msocow
XV2234

"This is great place to enjoy local cuisine for the right price placed on the edge of the Tolskoi district this place is not to be missed on your tour of the city" Evo Media - Food Review.[/spoiler]

@ Hydro raven

Alexei Come back to you about 12:45pm
[spoiler]Hmmm  Borscht Boris eh...

well according to the trix it's a small family run place have a look at this link ... (See Thrass's Spoiler)

Of course word on the street is that the place is a 'family' joint indeed; Vory to be precise.
Rumor suggests the restaurant is just a front for a safe-house.

you could do me favor and let me know what you find there I have another client that would be very interested in few more details...  [/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #10 on: <06-02-13/0919:56> »
"Sure, I can be your eyes" replies Frank. "How much?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #11 on: <06-02-13/0938:07> »
"Sure, I can be your eyes" replies Frank. "How much?"

Lets Just say I'll make it worth your while. Talk soon need to go get some gear for another client.
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #12 on: <06-02-13/1157:27> »
After eating a home cooked meal in the evening and plans to be at Borschts ahead of time.

He shapeshanges into a human, gets there half an hour early and orders some food which he'll eat while observing the scenery.
[spoiler]
Spellcasting+Magic (10d6.hits(5)=1)
I want to hear, see, smell and Assense the restaurant from outside and then from inside. (I got enhanced senses)
tell me if I need to roll

also: I want to smell if the food is ok
[/spoiler]
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #13 on: <06-02-13/1238:35> »
@ Thrass

You change Into a rather bulky Human (to accommodate the Body requirement of the spell)

physical stats
Bo: 6 | Ag: 4 | Re: 3 | St: 5

As you approach the restaurant the bitter chill of the air envelops you. the restaurant is warm and there is folk music playing 2 men outside are smoking and wearing large greatcoats and scarfs. The food smells good, very appetizing almost as though there may even be real food in this joint. On the astral this place looks vibrant  you can't see any further as the awakened ivy growing on building blocks your vision.

When you walk in the place is warm and toasty with a large open fire on the far wall, an ork barman is serving the busy bar, and there are only a few free tables.... the waitresses are all running round very busy and trying hard to avoid the obvious play from some of the more 'amorous' locals.

As you manage to find a quiet table you see that most of the crowd look like locals and those who aren't are wearing varied degrees of suits. A look on the astral plane shows that the suited individuals are all a  little nervous.

When the food you order arrives it smells OK, very good in fact. it most definitely isn't your usual soycaf that's for sure.

If you want any more details i'll want a perception and/or assensing rolls.
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #14 on: <06-02-13/1725:14> »
Miner Fox was in the middle of his morning workout when the message came to him. He dropped down from his pull up position on his bedroom door frame and grabbed the water bottle on the floor all while going over the message.

More work the better, Miner thought to himself as he squirted some water into his mouth.

Miner got himself cleaned up with a quick shower and threw on his outdoor clothing and all his armor pieces (SecureTech pieces and the Half-Body suit) and grabbed his Government 2066. He selected the arctic camo pattern for his Strict-9 jacket as it fit in with the season and weather. As Miner was leaving his apartment he called up his hacker friend that he served with in the UCAS Spec Ops, "Hey Gizmo, I need some info on a place called Borscht Boris. Have the info for me before 8 pm my time."

Miner then left his apartment and took a stroll down to the soycaf shop just a block away.

« Last Edit: <06-02-13/1728:51> by Solodice »
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson