NEWS

[IC] The 'Doc' will see you now!

  • 285 Replies
  • 41721 Views

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #240 on: <08-06-13/2000:02> »
"Merde" says Frank, turning over to Miner. "If KE is on their way, we don't have time for these punks. Let's take a quick look and leave."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #241 on: <08-07-13/0202:27> »
@ Thrass
[spoiler]The biker skids to stop in front in front you and yells at you to get on.
Get on chummer our work here is done.
Now you can get a closer look you can see the man has short length length brown hair and has strange tattoos on all he visible parts of his body that resemble old school circuit boards.  his black leather trench look exceedingly expensive and has clearly been highly customized as it has a peculiar weave to it with an embossed pattern in the leather that matches his circuit tattoos.

As you hop on the the bike you see the embossing start to glow. a pale neon blue and text starts to appear explaining the peculiar weaves. The text is not of a language you recognize but looks to be some kind of arcane language.
[/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #242 on: <08-07-13/0555:31> »
Thrass get's on the bike, and saves an image of the glowing language, then he checks if the image actually contains anything readable of the language.

Ginji, I need an encrypted channel, NOW!

[spoiler]
I shift my sense to the astral, and take a look at the thing in front of me as well as the leather and the writings.
Then I use:
Aura reading on the biker. (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Knowledge Magical theory on the arcane language (2d6.hits(5)=1) (glitch and success)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-07-13/0618:20> by Thrass »
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #243 on: <08-07-13/1149:35> »
@ Thrass
[spoiler]The aura of biker shows that he is awakened and rather anxious, the leather trench coat is a power focus.

you think the arcane runes relate to some sort of chaos tradition but they seem to be nothing more than nonsense sayings and have no real meaning. More than likely they are just a style choice relevant to the wearers tradition. [/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #244 on: <08-07-13/1656:40> »
[spoiler]
Aura reading biker. (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Aura reading biker. (8d6.hits(5)=6)
So after 3 more seconds I got all the info I want or could possibly need if he ain't got initiate grades like crazy.

I'm waiting on an encrypted channel to share the details to the team, otherwise I'm trying to act friendly and not pissing of the biker.
[/spoiler]
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #245 on: <08-07-13/1837:47> »
Miner curses to himself when he got the word from Andy the authorities were on the way.

"Alright, you move through first. I'll cover you like before." Miner said to Frank as he braced the Alpha against his shoulder.

[spoiler]You want Miner and Frank to roll initiative here GM?[/spoiler]
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #246 on: <08-07-13/2125:22> »
[spoiler]
Initiative: 11d6.hits(5)=4
Total 15
[/spoiler]

Ginji turned to the Samurai warrior next to him, his paladin Sprite. Get Ready...
He sent a message back to the other icon:
<<<<<message>>>>>Wasn't that hard. Not the kind of place I'd expect to find you. So are we after the same thing?
<<<<< end of message>>>>>


Ginji was just doing small talk, ready to pull up his Shield Complex Form at anytime and counting on his Resonance friend.

The message from Andy came disturbing his thoughts but gave him any idea. His brain may soon regret it but he raised his fist up and concentrated on the Resonance, bringing bits and data together to Compile another Sprite.

[spoiler]
First Complex Action
Dropping the Command Form and Compile a Courier Sprite
11d6.hits(5)=5
Sprite Opposition R6: 6d6.hits(5)=2
Courier Sprite R6 (Optional CF: Decrypt, Scan) with three tasks
Fading: 11d6.hits(5)=3 vs 4 (sprite hits x2)
-1 Stun box (for a total of -3 Stun Boxes: -1 to all following actions)

Next Pass will be about demanding task 1: Encrypt a Channel on the PAN of his companions
task 2: Place a Cookie on the other Icon.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-07-13/2152:52> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #247 on: <08-11-13/0547:22> »
@ Thrass
[spoiler]
The biker is a mystic adept, he has a magic of 5 and the power focus is R4, no ware at all.
[/spoiler]

@ Hydroraven &  Solodice
[spoiler]
Don't need initiative for now  but notes results for reference.

ganger initiative for reference
[spoiler]8d6.hits(5)=1
So total of 9 initiative.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

@ Obidancer
[spoiler]
<<message protocol v3.1>>
Why I'm here is not your business boy. it mine and mine alone.
...
I hope your ready for what come next you insolent welp,
<<message terminated>>

[spoiler]
Complex action - attack blackout....
10d6.hits(5)=3

Defense and if applicable damage resistance please....
[/spoiler][/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #248 on: <08-11-13/0617:18> »
Frank moves cautiously towards the commotion, trying to stay alert.

[spoiler]Do you need another perception roll?[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #249 on: <08-13-13/0152:18> »
Kyo was expected the Hacker to enter into Combat, but instead the man -or whoever else it may be- decided to throw the big artillery: Black IC!
Ginji swirled his Katana and cut through the IC as it spread its attack while Matrix code gathered in front of him to form a protective shield.

[spoiler]
Matix Defense: Response 6 + Firewall 3 + Shield CF 6 - 1 Stun modifier =14
14d6.hits(5)=4
Just enough to defend against the attack.
[/spoiler]

A look at the Samurai next to him was enough to call him into action.
Now! Ginji yelled. The Paladin Sprite charged into attack.

[spoiler]
Paladin Sprite Initiative
6d6.hits(5)=1 total 7

Attack the Persona:
Attack 6 + Rating 6
12d6.hits(5)=4
[/spoiler]
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #250 on: <08-13-13/0921:45> »
@ Hydroraven
[spoiler][spoiler]Not at the moment you previous one still stands with that great roll[/spoiler]
As you move down the hall the commotion at the end proceeds unaware as you reach the door you are looking for you can confirm what the drone saw earlier.

The door has been knocked clean off its hinges and has splintered over the floor.

As you peer into the room through the spray of the sprinklers you can clearly see the room has been tossed and the furniture has has been shattered and broken into pieces there has obviously been a big fight here. You can see a feint shadow being cast across the debris from just out of sight of the door way, a distinct red pool gathering and spreading across the floor and the sprinkler system thins the pool out.

As you slowly enter the room you can see a body slumped at the only piece of unbroken furniture. The man laid prostrate across the desk in the midst of all his old-school computer equipment, the TFT monitors still on. the pools of what is now clearly his blood has been streaming out of his eyes, nose, ears and mouth.

The gruesome scene starts to make you wretch as the smell of death starts to fill your nostrils. [/spoiler]

@ Obidancer
[spoiler]Persona Defense
12d6.hits(5)=3

As the paladin sprite presses forward and attacks the mysterious ghostly persona, athe attack lands on the mark and the persona lets out a deathly howl.

<<message protocol v3.1>>
Well young one it would seem you have bested me this time, you'd better finish me off now, after all you have taken my body from me why not my mind aswell!

so go on get on will it!
<<message terminated>>
  [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <08-13-13/1032:32> by cr4kp0t »
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #251 on: <08-13-13/1940:47> »
Miner crept his way through the hall right behind Frank keeping his Alpha trained on the combatants down the hall but he held his fire.

He let Frank check out the room but Miner was also curious, 'What you got in there Frank?"

Miner then remembered that it just wasn't him and Frank this time, "Everybody give me a sit rep." 

Miner moved his way into the room and took a knee at the door using the frame as cover and kept his Alpha scanning the hall. He would let Frank look over the room while Miner covered him.
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #252 on: <08-13-13/2002:29> »
"We got a stiff, but the way he's bleeding out seems to indicate some sort of magic was used on him. Do we have any way of identifying him?" asks Frank to Miner. He then takes out his commlink and tries to see if the dead body has a profile. "Ginji, do you think you can help us identify someone?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #253 on: <08-14-13/0014:37> »
"Wonderful. You said magic... internal or external damage?" Miner had worked with enough mages in his spec ops days to know what kind of damage they could do.

Miner then raked his brain trying to think of ways to identifying the stiff on the spot. He couldn't come up with anything but he did have another idea.

Miner pulled out his smartstaff from his jacket and selected it's sword shape, "Break the middle joint of his index finger and then cut it off at the same spot. You can use this."

Miner slide the sword across the floor over Frank, "Just in case we can't identify him on the spot."

I hope he's not squeamish about cutting off limbs.
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #254 on: <08-14-13/0142:05> »
I'm waiting for that encrypted channel.
Andy refuses to pass a sit rep through an unsecured channel at the moment.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls