NEWS

[IC] The 'Doc' will see you now!

  • 285 Replies
  • 41720 Views

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #15 on: <06-02-13/1847:31> »
"More money the better" thinks Frank as he turns on the Trid in his apartment. This was a big downgrade from his luxury condo in Paris, but tough times meant tough living. And it's only temporary, he kept on telling himself. He got his things ready, put his Berwik suit on, checked on his firearm and headed out the door at 19:30, just in time to get to Borscht Boris with 15 minutes to spare. Once there, he made sure to observe in detail, both the outside and the inside, and took a seat at the bar, ordering some tea to drink.

[spoiler]Intuition 3 + Perception 4 + Perceptive 1 + Actively looking 3 (11d6.hits(5)=1) no glitches[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #16 on: <06-02-13/1851:22> »
Ginji woke up early, eager to take a look at the info his sprite had managed to gather about yesterday's events. What surprised him, and got him even more curious, was that no news channel seemed to mention anything about it.

As he was going through the info, he had the feeling his skill would soon be needed and he could always use some assistance. He ordered a good breakfast to be delivered, courtesy of Aeroflot Airway, and with his stomach full, sat on the bed and immerse into VR.

His persona icon was of a silver humanoid only equipped with a katana, weapon of his samurai ancestors. Ginji meant in Japanese the silver Samurai. In spite of his name however Ginji relied much more on stealth and evasion than on cybercombat. His persona brandished the katana and brought it down as if slashing through some fabric. From the imaginary slash started to pour pure code. He waved at it and the code responded by taking shape. He was starting a long process was would encode and register a powerful Paladin Sprite.


Ginji opened his eyes and returned to the real world. 6 hours had pass. He had a pounding headache and felt like he had a hangover. Even his mouth was dry. A familiar buzz in his head passed through the pain and remind him that a message was waiting for him. It was 2pm already and the message was from the morning. Kyo had been just too absorbed in his work on the sprite registration that he hadn't bothered with it, until now...

Possible work, perfect. 8pm, even better, he would have time to rest and refresh before the meet. He didn't like the fact the message was anonymous and should he had been in the mood, he would probably had tried to trace the message back to its originator. But he was too drained from his work in the Matrix. Besides, he had info on what happened last evening that many would not possess. He took some pills to ease the pain in his head and laid in bed until sleep caught up on him.

He woke up ready to take on the world. Kyo looked up the fastest way to get to the place using mass transportation and on his way looked up for basic info on the restaurant used for the meet as well as different routes to escape the place should things get heated. He felt the weight of his Savalette Guardian in the concealed holster on his lower back, and hoped to not have to rely on it.

[Spoiler] Registering Paladin Sprite (R6)
13d6.hits(5)=6

Sprite roll Rx2=12
12d6.hits(5)=2
Registering the Paladin Sprite with 4 Tasks

Fading (Sprite hits x2): DV4
11d6.hits(5)=1
Three boxes of Stun Damage

Healing the Stun Damage 1 roll per Hour (BOD+WIL)
6d6.hits(5)=1
6d6.hits(5)=4

2 hours of rest needed. [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-03-13/0959:30> by obidancer »
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #17 on: <06-03-13/0820:56> »
[spoiler]
Ok:
Assensing: Assensing (6d6.hits(5)=1)
Aura reading if anything interesting shows up while assensing: Assensing (Aura reading) (8d6.hits(5)=1)
Perception: Perception (6d6.hits(5)=1)

not my lucky day ^^

Andy is waiting for more people to show up and enter the backroom (if there is any) trying to Aura read  them.
If there are 3 people by 8 o clock he will join them, if not he'll go there by 8.

[/spoiler]

Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #18 on: <06-03-13/1309:51> »
@Solodice
[spoiler]Your hacker friend can gets back to you at about 6pm....

Borscht Boris
Borscht Boris is a small family run restaurant that serve local Russian food cooked the old fashioned way.
Owned by Orlov Blonsky and licensed to serve synthahol of all varieties.

331 Julien St
Tolskoi
Msocow
XV2234

"This is great place to enjoy local cuisine for the right price placed on the edge of the Tolskoi district this place is not to be missed on your tour of the city" Evo Media - Food Review.

Rumored Vory Safehouse according the blogs

I also manage to fidnd this little gem reagrding the place unfortuantly I can't decrpt it all some of the data is missing.. i'll see if i can clean the file up some but i can't make any promises.


....ber 2073
Observations log
<<< 11:03 Known Vory ties seen entering the building>>>
<<< 12:27 Unknown guest escorted into the building (desription matc...

DATA MISSING

...ge container taken our of rear , contents appear to be kitchen waste>>>
<<< 18:00 Doors open to public>>>
<<< Regular guests come and go and usual restaurant activity observed...

Damn this shift has been pretty boring we though we had a lead but turned out be nothing. Monitoring ends....

DATA CORRUPTED
[/spoiler]

@Obidancer
[spoiler]A basic matrix search will reveal the following from the public account registered in the resraurants CHN:

Borscht Boris is a small family run restaurant that serve local Russian food cooked the old fashioned way.
Owned by Orlov Blonsky and licensed to serve synthahol of all varieties.

331 Julien St
Tolskoi
Msocow
XV2234

"This is great place to enjoy local cuisine for the right price placed on the edge of the Tolskoi district this place is not to be missed on your tour of the city" Evo Media - Food Review.

there is link to the basic menu there also.

There front door to the place if from the main streets and you from the street can see a side door into an alleyway with a dumpster nearby.
It's a fairly standard residential area and the restaurant is one of the few left in the area.

If you want any more information you'll need a perception roll.[/spoiler]

@ Hydro Raven
[spoiler]As you approach the restaurant the bitter chill of the air envelops you. the restaurant is warm and there is folk music playing 2 men outside are smoking and wearing large greatcoats and scarfs. The food smells good, very appetizing almost as though there may even be real food in this joint. On the astral this place looks vibrant  you can't see any further as the awakened ivy growing on building blocks your vision.

When you walk in the place is warm and toasty with a large open fire on the far wall, an ork barman is serving the busy bar, and there are only a few free tables.... the waitresses are all running round very busy and trying hard to avoid the obvious play from some of the more 'amorous' locals.
[/spoiler]

@ Thrass
[spoiler] The perception check gets you nothing new. The assensing lets you know that the bulk of the crowd are mundane but at 17:45 an awakened person come in and sits at the bar and orders tea. [/spoiler]
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #19 on: <06-03-13/1521:21> »
When Ginji arrived at the place, the cold was chilling his bones. He cursed at his decision to listen to his contact Boris Katsevman. "Come to Moscow" he said, "I know plenty of people interested in Matrix specialist, I can get you job in no time"!
Well Kyo had been here for almost two weeks now and still no work. All he got was snow, rain, chilling wind, and a couple evenings of Vodka abuse. The only lodging he could find and afford was a squat on the outskirt of downtown, and if not for the classy hotel room he was spoofing, he would be a very grumpy camper.
The smell from the Kitchen sent his stomach growling , reminding him that he hadn't had food since breakfast, and he must have admitted, it smelled pretty good.

Before entering, he observed the restaurant's surrounding, a mental command turning on his glasses' vision enhancers. He took notes of the vehicles parked nearby, in case he would have to make a hasty exit, he would have to hack I to one quickly. Plus he had the feeling he wouldn't be the only criminal to come here.

Upon entering, he sat where ushered, ordered some pelmeni and a side of fried kartoshka and inckonspicuously observed the place and its patrons while waiting for the food. He was sure other Shadowrunners would be here and was trying to pinpoint who would fit in. One thing was for sure, it was much warmer inside.

[Spoiler]First roll to observe in detail outside, second for inside14d6.hits(5)=4, 14d6.hits(5)=2
[/spoiler]
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #20 on: <06-03-13/1742:16> »
Miner glanced over the info Gizmo had given him as he chowed down on a sub sandwich. If he knew the place was a restaurant he would of held his appetite for later but he'll probably just grab a drink from the bar. The second part of the info was way more interesting to Miner.

If the place has Vory connections then the best bet is they hired me out or someone that has some ties to them or the Vory themselves... I love working with gangsters. Maybe they have some info I'm looking for?

Miner tried to piece together the broken message Gizmo uncovered; October, November, or December 2073.... some talk about about a person with Vory ties... some talk about some stuff taken out back... by the looks of thing this was a police stakeout.... wonderful.

Miner finished the sub and thanked the cute female cashier as prepped himself before leaving. He had the Rover just parked right across the street from the place and it didn't  take long to get to as the traffic seemed to have died down compared to earlier.

Miner rolled up to the restaurant with just a few minutes to spare but before he got out of his Rover he made a quick scan of any vehicles that could serve as a police lookout vehicle. Miner also switched on his radio signal scanner to see if he could catch them that way.

[spoiler]Intuition 3 + Perception 4 (4 with Visual) + Actively Looking 3 = 10
10d6.hits(5)=3

Turning on Radio Signal Scanner built into the Rover's vehicle sensor.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-03-13/2213:42> by Solodice »
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #21 on: <06-04-13/1245:46> »
@Obidance
[spoiler]
Outside there a few parked cars in the vicinity nothing special just a few subcompacts and a sedan.

A closer look at the alleyway reveals what looks to a way round to a loading dock at the rear of the premises for an adjacent building.

In the apartment block opposite the restaurant you see what looks to be camera equipment pointing at the restaurant in one of the windows. There is man dressed in suit with a pair of binoculars and he watches you as you enter.

When you walk in the place is warm and toasty with a large open fire on the far wall, an ork barman is serving the busy bar, and there are only a few free tables.... the waitresses are all running round very busy and trying hard to avoid the obvious play from some of the more 'amorous' locals, there are at least a dozen people in suits here with obvious bulges in the shoulder.[/spoiler]

@Solodice
[spoiler]
Outside there a few parked cars in the vicinity nothing special just a few subcompacts and a sedan.

A closer look at the alleyway reveals what looks to a way round to a loading dock at the rear of the premises for an adjacent building.

Your signal scanner picks up a myriad of traffic from the local apartments and the people walking round, what peaks you interest is the absence of any kind of signals coming from one apartment across from the restaurant.[/spoiler]

Your all settled in waiting for the 'Johnson' to arrive, their is an obvious tension in the crows of people as time passes, at approximately 20:15 that evening a small stocky dwarf arrived with a 4 man entourage made up of mixture of orks and a human. they are all wearing suits and great coats.
The dwarf is wearing the most up to date Berwick fashion and walks with a cane in one hand and a briefcase in the other.

As he approaches the bar the suited individuals all noticeably tense and pay attention. The ork barman walks out and opens a door to the back with an old fashioned key. They stand at the doorway for a few moments exchanging words.

The guard take up obvious defensive positions and are clearly watching the crowd at all times.
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #22 on: <06-04-13/1424:16> »
Miner fiddled with the radio scanner signal and picked up the usual expect for a weird absence of any kind of signal coming from one of the apartments across from the restaurant. He gave the building a quick look over but spotted nothing but that didn't mean it had something or someone hiding in there. There however was no time to investigate though as the meet was about to start. Miner shifted his Colt Government in his waistband to be drawn with a cross draw as it worked well when sitting down.

Miner waited patiently at the bar downing a shot or two of vodka to pass the time. He didn't notice anyone else in particular at the place but he knew there were probably other runners and Vory about.

When the Dwarf and his entourage showed up he noticed a very heavy tension from the suited individuals of the place... probably Vory. The Dwarf by the looks of things could be the Johnson but until Miner got the invite to the back room he wouldn't know for sure. He did however size up the big fellows that seemed to be guarding the door. He was mostly looking for any guns or cyberware.

[spoiler]Intuition 3 + Perception 4 (4 with Visual) = 7
7d6.hits(5)=1 [/spoiler]
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #23 on: <06-04-13/1822:19> »
Andy tries to read the Auras of the Dwarf and the Bodyguards.
[spoiler]Assensing (Aura Reading) (8d6.hits(5)=2) twice as mus hits as any previous roll, slowly getting there[/spoiler]
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #24 on: <06-04-13/2017:13> »
Frank sips his tea, making sure his suit and his coat look good. He glances around, sizing the crowd when a delegation enters the place with a dwarf at the centre of it. Frank takes another sip of his tea and sees the other patrons noticeably tensing up as the group of newcomers arrives. Frank observes this security team and pays close attention to the dwarf, without obviously staring at them.
[spoiler]Intuition 3 + Perception 4 + Perceptive 1 (8d6.hits(5)=3) no glitches[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <06-04-13/2056:47> by HydroRaven »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

obidancer

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 861
    • RPG Character Portraits
« Reply #25 on: <06-04-13/2118:12> »
Ginji could feel the tension build up when the Suits stepped in. The Dwarf looked important and could potentially be his new employer, but he wasn't gonna chance walking up to him and ask.
He let the camera in his glasses focus on the small man and threaded a Facial Recognition software to see if it could help quickly gather some more information on him.

[spoiler]
Software+Resonance = 10
10d6.hits(5)=7
Keep 4
Fading
11d6.hits(5)=4
Not sure what to roll after? Perception?
[/spoiler]
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

cr4kp0t

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 492
  • The 'Doc' will see you now!
« Reply #26 on: <06-05-13/1602:51> »
@Solodice
[spoiler]Your perception check reveals nothing new.[/spoiler]

@Thrass
[spoiler]Your assensing role indicates that the guards are have various pieces of cyberware including headware and bodyware, the dwarf is awakened [/spoiler]

@HydroRaven
[spoiler] the perception check reveals that the team are packing but you can't tell what type of weapons. You can't hear the conversation between the dwarf and the barman.[/spoiler]

@Obidancer
[spoiler]By the time the software is threaded the dwarf has disappeared into the back room. (You use the rating of the software as the perception check when you use the software) [/spoiler]

After a brief conversation with the barman the dwarf and 2 of his guards enter the backroom. One stands by the door and the other one moves over to the bar to talk to one of the suits.

The barman comes to each of you in turn. It becomes apparent that most of the joint clocked you as soon as you walked in and that you've been watched this whole time.

'Boris' would appreciate your presence, if you would like to make your way through.

The locals seem to be leaving the place and as the crowd thins only the suits are left.
The tension in the air is thick, there is something not right but you can't quite put your finger on it.

Once the barman has approached you all he head over to the front door casually flipping the old fashioned open closed sign over to close and starts to clear off the remains of the evening from the tables and floor.
PbP Legend:
Narrative | Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

Thrass

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 841
« Reply #27 on: <06-05-13/1846:20> »
Andy checks his bag glances at the others and then goes through the back door.
Speech - Thought - Matrix
Characters: Andy - Andys rolls

HydroRaven

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2537
« Reply #28 on: <06-05-13/2021:24> »
Frank finishes his tea, gets up, adjusts his suit and follows Andy through the back door.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Solodice

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 223
« Reply #29 on: <06-05-13/2109:30> »
Miner downs his second shot of Vodka before getting up off the bar stool and heading for the back door following the other two.
Thought | Speech | Matrix | Astral

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. ― Hunter S. Thompson