NEWS

Minotaur Fire Support - 500 pt game

• 10 Replies

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« on: <01-16-11/2334:58> »
I'm sure y'all are getting tired of my characters ;) Got one last idea to run past the forum for now - promise (No really!)

Name: Luther Bennet
Alias: Big Evil

Race: Troll -Minotaur (45 points)

Attributes (230 points)

Body 9
Agility 4 (7)
Reaction 4 (6)
Strength 9 (10)
Charisma 2
Intuition 4
Logic 4
Willpower 3
Edge 1
Essence 1.027

Positive Qualities

High Pain Tolerance (1)  10
Biocompatibility (Bioware)  10
Restricted Gear - Muscle Toner 3

Negative Qualities

Big Regret  -5
Lost Loved One  -5
Enemy (2)  -10
Prejudiced (Aztlaners,Biased)  -5
Wanted  -10

Skills (184 points)

Athletics (Group)  2
Intimidation  3
Etiquette (Street)  2 (+2)
Pilot Ground Craft (Bike)  1 (+2)
Heavy Weapons   5 (+2)
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts)  3 (+2)
Dodge  4
Perception  3
Armorer  4
First Aid  2
Automatics ()  5 (+2)
Pistols (Revolvers)  3 (+2)
Longarms (Shotguns)  3 (+2)

Knowledge Skills
English N               
Spanish 3               
Russian 3               

Design (Firearms)  4
Military (CAS Marines)  3 (+2)
Criminal (Vory)  3
Hangouts (Shadowrunner)  3
Beer  3

Cyberware/Bioware (Trying to stay above 1 essence)

Bone Density 3  (Second Hand)
Muscle Augmentation 1 (Second Hand)
Muscle Toner 3 (Second Hand)
Wired Reflexes II ((Standard)
Orthoskin 3 (Second Hand)
Enhanced Articulation (Second Hand)
Cybereye Rating 3 (Alpha)
  Flare Compensation
  Image Link/Recorder
  Low-Light Vision
  Smartlink
  Thermographic Vision
  Vision Enhancement (1-3) 2
  Vision Magnification
Cyberears Rating 2 (Alpha)
  Audio Enhancer (1-3) 2
  Balance Augmentor
  Sound Link/Recorder
  Spatial Recognizer

Guns (All w/Metahuman Customization)
ArmTech MGL-12   (Smartgun,Airburst Link)   
Franchi SPAS-22   (Sling,Electronic Firing)   
HK 227X   (Sling,Electronic Firing)   
Ruger Super Warhawk   (Smartgun, Increased Cylinder )   
Ingram White Knight (Smartgun, Foregrip, Extended Drum, )        

Thanks again for your patience and input - it is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/1019:04> by Digital_Viking »
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #1 on: <01-18-11/0943:14> »
You took Usda to the next level. This is my Minotaur Sammie. I'd hate to see what yours would do to Usda!

http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=415.0
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-18-11/1132:38> »
Thanks I think? ;) - made some changes because I can't read (Augmented Attribute Maximums), too bad an't secondhand Genetic Optimization!
« Last Edit: <01-18-11/1136:00> by Digital_Viking »
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-18-11/2238:45> »
I've never really seen the point of second-hand alphaware.  Used gets a 1.2 multiplier, and alpha gets a 0.8 multiplier.  So you get 0.96 of what you would get by simply buying normal, basic cyberware, which costs the same.  The miniscule savings in Essence don't seem worth the things that your GM can have come up for used 'ware.

Other than that, decent character, good at his intended role.  At 400 points, a concept like this would probably have to be bare bones, but at 500 points, you get a character with a more "organic" feel.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-19-11/1022:30> »
I've never really seen the point of second-hand alphaware.  Used gets a 1.2 multiplier, and alpha gets a 0.8 multiplier.  So you get 0.96 of what you would get by simply buying normal, basic cyberware, which costs the same.  The miniscule savings in Essence don't seem worth the things that your GM can have come up for used 'ware.

Thanks - that's a good point, and I adjusted himt o correct it.

Maelstrom

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <01-19-11/1133:29> »
Food for thought...  You may want to increase your Willpower and Edge, possibly by lowering your charisma or strength.

In our game I'm currently playing a troll.  He has 3 Willpower and 2 Edge.  Mages and critter powers have nearly killed him in each of our last three sessions.  (Our mage's 6 hits for counterspelling was the only reason he survived one encounter.)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-19-11/2033:47> »
Had also considered going Ork instead of Minotaur - The advantage would be a freeing up some BPs for skills,stats,maybe another PQ and being a better shot vs. not being able to soak as much damage.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #7 on: <01-20-11/0630:42> »
And you aren't be a Freak (with Distinctive Style)! Just an Orc with some racial discrimination problems... ;)

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <01-21-11/2228:16> »
Minotaurs cost 45 points and get 90 points in Attribute bonuses, a net gain of 45 (although they lose that human point of Edge, too).  An ork costs 20 points and gets 50 points in Attribute bonuses, a net gain of 30.  So switching to ork will make your character less conspicuous, yes, but it won't "free up" any points (just the opposite, in fact) - unless  you also take lower Attributes in some areas.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <01-21-11/2258:48> »
Minotaurs cost 45 points and get 90 points in Attribute bonuses, a net gain of 45 (although they lose that human point of Edge, too).  An ork costs 20 points and gets 50 points in Attribute bonuses, a net gain of 30.  So switching to ork will make your character less conspicuous, yes, but it won't "free up" any points (just the opposite, in fact) - unless  you also take lower Attributes in some areas.

Fair enough (It seemed that way when I was playing with the spreadsheet) - it comes down to a question of which is better for Fire Support: Slightly better at hitting the target (9 vs 7 Agility) or being able to take damage ( 8 body vs 10 body)

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #10 on: <01-24-11/2322:05> »
This is actually similar to a build that I came up with a while ago; although that one was only 400 Pts. so obviously this one is better. : )
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.