NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #195 on: <07-05-18/0911:52> »
yes all damage. Though with all things these are not extra hits it just is the nature of the world that things are more deadly.

Those assensing see that it is true the building has wards guarding it though they are normal unlike the rumor that they are somehow unique. The ward is a force 7 barrier created by a lodge and you will will be able to note the signature of the person that created it.
« Last Edit: <07-05-18/0913:32> by Redwulfe »
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #196 on: <07-05-18/1157:42> »
Posted. I'm still working on the background, Red, but will be sending it to you shortly.

@GM, I've also rolled for Summoning a Force 6 Spirit of Man. I feel weird rolling on my own, so I hope we can find some place where we can roll the dice so that you can see them. I've got 6 hits on my 14 dice.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #197 on: <07-05-18/1405:54> »
So we have intros from Adzling, Eyrwyn, Blackshade, Csjarrat, and myself, do we know if Jusenkyo is still in?
If Jusenkyo is out are we happy with 5?
Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #198 on: <07-05-18/1540:11> »
So we have intros from Adzling, Eyrwyn, Blackshade, Csjarrat, and myself, do we know if Jusenkyo is still in?
If Jusenkyo is out are we happy with 5?

What role was he going to play, btw?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <07-05-18/1544:37> »
His adept troll was fairly classic combat build iirc. it's in this thread one page 2 or 3.
We maybe a little combat light right now, but i guess as the blackest of Trench Coats that maybe working as intended.
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #200 on: <07-05-18/1910:51> »
updated char to take into account max magic house rule

updated again to account for possible ramped damage from drug come downs (i deleted adept spell and replaced with astral perception)

Ban Dolo
METATYPE: ELF
B 2, A 6, R 5/6, S 3, W 4, L 2, I 5, C 8/9, ESS 5, EDG 1, M 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 10
Armor: 15
Limits: Physical 5, Mental 5, Social 11
Physical Initiative: 10/11+1D6
Active Skills: Assensing 1, Con (Fast Talking +2) 6, Disguise 1, Impersonation (Voice +2) 6, Influence Group 5, Leadership (Command +2) 6, Negotiation (Bargaining +2) 6, Palming 1, Perception (Visual +2) 1 (2), Pistols (Semi-Automatics +2) 6, Sneaking (Urban +2) 6
Knowledge Skills: flat vid action movies 1, small unit tactics (urban +2) 6
Languages: English (Speak +2) N, Japanese (Speak +2) 3, Russian (Speak +2) 3, Sperethiel (Speak +2) 3
Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision
Qualities: Adept, Consummate Professional, Drug Tolerant, Faceless, In Debt (Borrowed 75,000¥, Owes 112,500¥) (15), Jack of All Trades, Master of None, Linguist, Mentor Spirit: Raven, Perfect Time, Reduced (taste), Too Pretty to Hit
Spells: Detox
Adept Powers: Astral Perception, Authoritative Tone (1), Body Sculpt (5 hours) (12dicepool), Combat Sense (1), Commanding Voice (20dicepool vs.  Willpower + Intuition), Facial Sculpt (5 hours) (1) (7dicepool), Linguistics (7dicepool (Varies)), Melanin Control (6h), Nimble Fingers, Traceless Walk, Ventriloquism (5m), Voice Control (1) (16dicepool[5] vs. Voice rec. x 2 or PER + INT)
Augmentations:
   Bilateral Coordination Co-processor
   Narco
   Nephritic Screen (Used) (6)
   Skin Pocket (Used)
   Tetrachromatic Vision
Gear:
   Armor Jacket w/ Electrochromic Modification, Faraday Pocket, Nonconductivity (6), Shock Weave
   Ballistic Mask (Customized) w/ Gas Mask, Thermographic Vision, Ultrasound (6)
   Black Panther
   Contacts (3) w/ Flare Compensation, Image Link, Smartlink
   Designer Jazz w/ Designer
   Designer Novacoke x4 w/ Designer
   Erika Elite
   Identity: Specify Name w/ Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle, (1 month) Thermal Mood Reading, (1 month) Vocal Tension Lie Detection
   Kata Slides
   Psyche
   Qi Focus: Linguistics (1)
   Qi Focus: Nimble Fingers (1)
   Sober Time
   Tool Kit, Disguise
   Warrior w/ Shock & Awe (2)
Weapons:
   Fichetti Executive Action [Light Pistol, Acc 9, DV 7P, AP –, SA/BF, RC 4, 18 (c)] w/ Electronic Firing, Gas-Vent System (3), Personalized Grip, Silencer/Suppressor, Smartgun System, External
   Fichetti Executive Action [Light Pistol, Acc 9, DV 7P, AP –, SA/BF, RC 4, 18 (c)] w/ Electronic Firing, Gas-Vent System (3), Personalized Grip, Silencer/Suppressor, Smartgun System, External
Contacts:
Arms Dealer (Connection 5, Loyalty 1)
Border Patrol Agent (Connection 1, Loyalty 3)
Cowboy (Connection 4, Loyalty 3)
Fixer (Connection 3, Loyalty 1)
Infobroker (Connection 3, Loyalty 1)
Yakuza Oyaban (Connection 3, Loyalty 1)
Ammunition & Resources:
   Fichetti Executive Action - unloaded
   Fichetti Executive Action - unloaded
   Edge Pool - 0/1
« Last Edit: <07-07-18/1048:15> by adzling »

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #201 on: <07-06-18/0201:22> »
Yes, I hope to get some time to set things up soon, Pre-release is kicking me in the butt and getting things read y at the store takes quite a bit of time. As for rolls we can use Orokos.com currently and link the final roll.

Like so. http://orokos.com/roll/639827

For this roll I just put in the formula 6d6t5. That was 6d6 at a target number of 5 to resist the summoning. He got 3 hits so you net 3 services and can resist 10S drain.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #202 on: <07-06-18/0208:41> »
Yes, I hope to get some time to set things up soon, Pre-release is kicking me in the butt and getting things read y at the store takes quite a bit of time. As for rolls we can use Orokos.com currently and link the final roll.

Like so. http://orokos.com/roll/639827

For this roll I just put in the formula 6d6t5. That was 6d6 at a target number of 5 to resist the summoning. He got 3 hits so you net 3 services and can resist 10S drain.

Orokos is great! I forgot about it.

Does that 10S drain mean you apply the +4 increase in damage to Drain as well? Man, that's... brutal.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #203 on: <07-06-18/0211:41> »
It is very brutal and tends to mean that regents are every mages friend. If you wish to summon a smaller spirit we can redo it. I don't want to catch anyone off guard especially since you all are getting used to the lethality house rule.

And please feel free to tweak characters on this first run as we learn more about the play style. So if you need to get some regents to help with summoning and spell casting please feel free to get some and we will hand wave a small bit for the sake of fair play.
« Last Edit: <07-06-18/0213:36> by Redwulfe »

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #204 on: <07-06-18/0220:27> »
It is very brutal and tends to mean that regents are every mages friend. If you wish to summon a smaller spirit we can redo it. I don't want to catch anyone off guard especially since you all are getting used to the lethality house rule.

And please feel free to tweak characters on this first run as we learn more about the play style. So if you need to get some regents to help with summoning and spell casting please feel free to get some and we will hand wave a small bit for the sake of fair play.

I will definitely choose a much weaker spirit instead. I did not realize that the increase would apply to Drain as I didn't really consider it any kind of damage. I need to rethink my character's spells as well as, currently, he'll fall unconscious after two or three spells (or even one with a bad roll). +4 Drain is, after all, technically equal to buying 4 hits with 16 dice of Drain and he doesn't even have that much even though his Drain stats are maxed.
« Last Edit: <07-06-18/0230:33> by eryrwyn »

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #205 on: <07-06-18/0229:29> »
I find that it applying to drain to be... exceptionally brutal.  I mean, that basically makes summoning anything at all meaningful without reagents and foci borders on suicidal to be done in combat, and pushing past your Magic to risk Physical drain could be suicidal no matter what.  I mean, actually, would reagents even help with drain at all?  Doesn't it have no effect on the spirits roll?  And the only foci that'd help is Centering for initiation ranks...

eryrwyn

• Newb
« Reply #206 on: <07-06-18/0448:46> »
Also, does this apply to the Drain formula or is applied after calculating Drain?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #207 on: <07-06-18/0654:34> »
I keep in mind that it works both ways, yeah 4 drain is ruff but your spells are also +4 damage so, also when think about it. It's works in your favor as it means you can through spells with stun drain code but that will pack damage that would be P level normally. Spirits with +4 damage also is pretty terrifying. Again shoot low force wise, and get lots of services.
Thinking
com
speaking

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #208 on: <07-06-18/0752:26> »
@gm anything of note on the matrix at Lou's as ryu arrives?
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #209 on: <07-06-18/0809:22> »
The more I reflect on it, the more brutal +4 damage seems to be... I mean, if we ever get caught by a go-ganger with a heavy pistol without our armor on, good chance you're dead. 

Plus, low force means low stats, no?  If I made a Force 3 spirit, then it'd probably have, at most, 8-9 dice in its attack pool.