NEWS

Emergence - What's Happening to the TMs?

• 27 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-20-12/1448:19> »
My game is set roughly between 2070 to 2072 so it will certainly have been bad but the arguments are winning me around to a more 'ignore them if they don't bother you' attitutude.  I've still got the mega corp threat (most runners do I guess) as a lurking nemisis.  And of course my twisted GM brain will dream up other threats that the players shouldn't see coming  :-X
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-19-12/1735:12> »
Ahha, just beginning to read through the new horizon stuff and it seems my darker ideas are not so far from what is being talked about in the TM uprising :)  Nice to know I read the way the wind was blowing...even if it is all a single perspective and not necessarly Truth

Hsere

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <03-19-12/1941:06> »
Honestly, if you want to run the "witch hunt" angle and stay close to canon, the easiest course is probably to just set your campaign in the months directly before and directly after the Hong Kong Incident in 2070.  That's when TMs really were getting snatched left and right, and after the HKI, even getting accused of being a TM could lead to someone being beaten or lynched.
“There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.”  -Dave Barry

lunarboy4

• Newb
  • What is it with you guys and Burritos?
« Reply #18 on: <03-19-12/2016:42> »
I'm currently playing a techno in a campaign set in about 2072, so the techno hysteria has died down a little. But, I do have to say, she still has a lot of distrust toward the general population. I mean, she only tells people who need to know that she's a techno. The only reason that her entire team knows is because she currently lives with them and they would notice her lack of hardware. Also, she comes from Neonet, so she knows just how bad it can be for technos. Also, if she survives this campaign, she will join another team of professionals, and she plans on never telling at least two of the members because they honestly don't need to know. The only reason the two who will know will know is because one hired her to go to the resonance realm to get some information and the other person is a hacker and will take notice of my lack of hardware.
Team combinations that can only end in bad things. A psychopathic mage with an obsession for proper table manners and a Sea lion shifter who is still fairly new to society and not really socialized yet... My vote is with the Sea Lion, personally.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <03-20-12/0652:31> »
Honestly, if you want to run the "witch hunt" angle and stay close to canon, the easiest course is probably to just set your campaign in the months directly before and directly after the Hong Kong Incident in 2070.  That's when TMs really were getting snatched left and right, and after the HKI, even getting accused of being a TM could lead to someone being beaten or lynched.
I've more or less downgraded the atmosphere to low level hostility...but if TMs have been openly engaged in matrix hostilities in Geneva and Horizon are pushing buttons I think the chances are that most people will at least take a dim view of them even if lynchings are a thing of a couple of years ago...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <03-20-12/1237:07> »
Oh, lynchings still happen.

But, then again, Humanis is still lighting crosses on fire in front of that household with the cute dwarf couple.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <03-20-12/1313:23> »
Oh, lynchings still happen.

But, then again, Humanis is still lighting crosses on fire in front of that household with the cute dwarf couple.

Ah, yes - Humanis, the natural prey of the thinking 'runner  8)  ;D

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #22 on: <03-20-12/1626:32> »
Or even the unthinking 'Runner.

"Ah wan' Ice Cream and Humanis Beatin'."  "Yes yes, we can do that after the 'Run.  Damnit, I'm the troll here, and it's the human that wants to go Humanis beating."  "Don't mind him, Trogdor, he hasn't been the same since he was shot in the head."  "Bullets hurt."  "Yes, Jimmy, bullets hurt.  Good thing Trogdor had that healing spell handy or else you wouldn't have survived.  ...  Such as you have."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <03-21-12/0612:21> »
Not 'zactly what I was thinking, but a nice little script. Kudos CanRay.

It's funny, but after nearly every CGL release i think another JackPointer I'd love to have as a contact.

Morg

« Reply #24 on: <03-22-12/1326:20> »

"I use to hunt Metas for Humanis because I thought I hated them, later it was Mages, Changleings, Drakes and TMs. Finally  I realized the truth of the matter and started killing Humanis'...I just hate people"
    --Honest Abe

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #25 on: <03-22-12/1721:09> »
"I use to hunt Metas for Humanis because I thought I hated them, later it was Mages, Changleings, Drakes and TMs. Finally  I realized the truth of the matter and started killing Humanis'...I just hate people"
    --Honest Abe
Is he a Vampire Hunter too?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bigdamndm1986

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <04-04-12/1414:14> »
i am currently playing a tm and my feelins on the whole issue is ' don't ask, don't tell'. i carry a 'link with me and make it obvious to anyone looking that i am going thru the 'link to get into the matrix. my team knows that i am one, just because we all got drunk aftet our last run and had a secret sharing party. ;D  but everyone else we meet the just think i am another hacker, which is fine with me.
geek the mage first

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #27 on: <04-04-12/1607:46> »
I'm getting a group together for a Shadowrun Missions game, and the Technomancer started at Street Lifestyle.

I said he just got back from some Pacific Islands where he was a step ahead of a bounty hunting team going after the TM Price on his head.

Give him a few minutes, and he'll be like Hardison in Leverage.  "Does that look like Mic Jagger to you?"

#ThisTaserGoesTo11