ShadowClerks

_Pax_

« Reply #106 on: <05-27-12/1050:40> »
I was thinking more along the lines of Dogma.   ;D

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #107 on: <05-27-12/1058:28> »
I seam to rember in 3rd ed there was a device that used the cities electrical grid for matrix conections. So there may be a device to use the building power lines for a conection out side the darknet.
Maser, also known as micowave laser. It basically used the EM field of the cable as a conduit for the microwaves.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #108 on: <05-27-12/1101:50> »
Ok, first and foremost:
Personally, I hope they rework this and change it so that the rule works as implied in Unwired and that public accounts do not grant a subscription.
The ability for any hacker to hack from the safety of his own home seems to undermine the flavor of the game imho.
A issue as old as SR. And why we have track, black programs/IC and corporate strike teams.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #109 on: <05-27-12/1336:51> »
Ok, first and foremost:
Personally, I hope they rework this and change it so that the rule works as implied in Unwired and that public accounts do not grant a subscription.
The ability for any hacker to hack from the safety of his own home seems to undermine the flavor of the game imho.
A issue as old as SR. And why we have track, black programs/IC and corporate strike teams.
"Here Here"
or is it "hear hear"?
w/e
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <05-27-12/1811:15> »
Ok, first and foremost:
"Here Here"
or is it "hear hear"?
w/e
yea most hacker are in full VR to get anything done quickly so they can be killed in the matrix. But beeing at home means you less likly to get shot as you are hacking the node, and getting fried in the matrix. But they are still at risk, just the risk to them is the spider in the internet.

Phoenix8008

• Newb
« Reply #111 on: <10-10-12/1728:16> »
I really love this discussion.  It has greatly helped me to get my mind around the Matrix and get a much needed mental picture of the rules.  Voydangel, your write-up really, really helped, and all the other ideas everyone else are adding are awesome!  I ended up cutting and pasting some of your text into a reference document to keep in my SR gaming folder.

Thanks guys!  Of all the rules in SR4A, the Matrix (for me) seem the most  complicated.
(now I need to work on drone riggers)   ::)
Cheers!
You want a real headache, try a Technomancer drone rigger!  :'(