NEWS

6e Errata ETA?

• 29 Replies

markelphoenix

• Omae
« on: <09-21-19/1700:21> »
Is there an eta on the next batch of errata to make it to the PDF? So far, the phys adepts blocked at 4PP at char creation and the spell limitation tied to magic priority for mages has me kind of meh. I really like being able to play with RAW and not have to House Rule right out of the gate.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-19/1736:07> »
It has been mentioned that the errata team has put in their work and are just waiting for Jason Hardy to give them the thumbs up to release.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

0B

« Reply #2 on: <09-22-19/2315:43> »
I mean, based on when the initial errata was released and when they released the corrected PDF, looks like about a month after errata approval until it shows up in a PDF. If there was less errata on this go around, maybe sooner?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <09-22-19/2335:08> »
It's a bigger list.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-22-19/2342:02> »
It has been mentioned that the errata team has put in their work and are just waiting for Jason Hardy to give them the thumbs up to release.

Not completely accurate.  A lot of work has been done, and the easy fixes are ready to go.  However, there still are some issues that are not so easy to unknot and are still being worked on.

Still, all told I'm still optimistic about a "sooner rather than later" ETA for the wave of errata.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-23-19/1536:41> »
Appreciate the clarification SSD.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-23-19/1547:50> »
Appreciate the clarification SSD.

Yeah the toughest ones are the biggest ones, and arguably those are the most important ones of all to get included.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Shadowhack

• Newb
  • We live in a dystopian society right now.
« Reply #7 on: <09-23-19/1555:22> »
I’m glad people are working on this. Honestly I own 5th but haven’t played since 3rd so I wouldn’t know an error if I saw it. I saw the rules blindness thread and was to intimidated by the length to go past page 1.

Shadowhack

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-26-19/1150:47> »
How is this coming? Last I heard it was almost done. Is their a date yet for release? Thank you.

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-26-19/1227:47> »
"Done" is a fuzzy concept for errata... but a major wave for the CRB is indeed nearly done.

Unfortunately I can't give an ETA better than "soon".

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-26-19/1407:30> »

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-26-19/2005:21> »

Give yourself a few points of Karma, Chummer

Shadowhack

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <10-06-19/1600:29> »
Soon isn't here yet.... ;)

0B

« Reply #13 on: <10-08-19/1821:13> »
Flashbacks to waiting for No Man's Sky updates...

Still, if it's big, I have hope

Edit: Actually, I doubt anyone can confirm this, but can anyone confirm if the next set of errata will arrive before April 2020?
« Last Edit: <10-08-19/1826:40> by 0B »

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <10-08-19/1858:47> »
Off-topic, perhaps, but what happens in April of 2020? Now I'm curious...