NEWS

Gear tables?

• 6 Replies

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« on: <09-27-14/1937:00> »
Starting a new group this week, came to a potential headache, I only own one hardcopy of each of the core books... LE's, not something I had planned on passing around a gaming table covered in junk food and spillable beverages.

I started thinking back to prior editions things people posted to the net... has anyone gone through and compiled gear tables for the current edition? No rules major rules or descriptive text just lines and lines of modes, damage codes, prices, and the like? I've found some pretty handy character creation cheat sheets otherwise but nothing for gear/'ware.
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #1 on: <09-27-14/1947:48> »
You could always scan the tables already in the books? 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <09-27-14/2103:05> »
Check the back of Run & Gun.  It doesn't have everything out of every book, but it's got the majority of the items.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-19-14/1106:59> »
Alternatively, you could use a digital character generator like Chummer.

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-14/1455:53> »
Having been spoiled by my retailer copy of herolab I find chummer lacking... also I am not hosting, yet, so my desktop does no good.
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <10-20-14/0042:22> »
The thing is this, Tai-pan - there's a reasonable level of concern over copyright infringement.  If someone scanned the tables in the book and replicated them, that would be a copyright violation.  But if someone manually writes the data, I don't think it's a copyright violation.  So you might have to go get the books and then do the hard work yourself.  :(
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-14/0722:40> »
I assumed that after the long delay. Noticed the topic popped back up and replied, a solution has already been worked out.