NEWS

A Brick Wall

• 12 Replies

Crash_00

« on: <03-17-12/1455:33> »
Well to skip to the juicy stuff, I working on a high priority target for my online group to hit. They're extremely well geared out at this point (roughly 300 karma and about 750kĄ into the campaign) and are taking on a job to take out President Colloton at some point during the week prior to the election. I've sat down working on several key aspects of the security detail, but one of the main figure is going to be her personal Secret Service Bodyguard, Special Agent Rocky Hardison.

Special Agent Rocky Hardison
Fomori
BodyAgilityReactionStrength
2(18)2(7)3(9)2(10)
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeInitiativeStun TrackPhysical Track
48(14)/1(4)1125
Essence: .0625

Qualities
Positive: Tough as Nails 3, Exceptional Attribute (Body), Toughness, Aptitude (Dodge)
Negative: SINner, Records on File (UCAS Secret Service), Day Job, Distinctive Style, Flashbacks (Haeffner Bombing)
Fomori: Metagenic Improvement (Body), Arcane Arrester, Distinctive Style

Augmentations: Adapsin, Genetic Optimization (Body), Reakt (all Deltaware)Obvious Bulk Mod.2  Custom Cyberarm x2 (Body: 18, Agility 7, Strength 10) [Body +7 (7 capacity), Agility +2 (2 capacity), Armor 4 (8 capacity)], Obvious Custom Cyberlegs x2 (Body: 18, Agility 7, Strength 10) [Body +7 (7 capacity), Agility +2 (2 Capacity), Armor 4 (8 Capacity), Strength +3 (3 Capacity)], Ovious Bulk Mod.4 Custom Cybertorso (Body:18, Agility 7, Strength 10) [Body +7 (7 capacity), Agility +2 (2 Capacity), Armor 2 (4 Capacity) ], Synthetic Cyberskull [Armor 1 (2 capacity),Move-by-Wire 3, Pain Editor

Skills:
Dodge:7(10) (Bodyguard +2)*
Perception: 6 (Visual +2)
Pistols: 5 (Semi-Automatics +2)
Automatics: 5 (SMGs +2)
Athletics: 3
First Aid: 3 (Stabilize +2)
Unarmed Combat: 3 (Block +2)
Etiquette: 3 (Political Environment +2)
Leadership: 3 (Secret Service +2)
Intimidation: 3 (Physical +2)
Demolitions: 2 (Defusing +2)
*Bodyguard specialization adds to rolls to doge into attacks against a nearby individual.
Standard Equipment: (All equipment equipped with skinlink) Contacts (Image Link, Vision Enhancement 3, Vision Magnification), Glasses (Smartlink, Flare Comp, Ultrasound), Earbuds (Audio Enhancement 3, Select Sound Filter 3, Spatial Recognizer), Trauma Patch, 2 x Rating 6 Stim Patches, Savior Medical Kit

Commlink: Transys Cybernaut (R: 10, Si: 10, Sy:10, F:10), 2 Rating 8 Agents, Tactical Mapping Software, TacNet Rating 4, Weapon Watcher 6, Facial Recognition 6, Analyze 10, Browse 10, Edit 10, Encrypt 10, Scan 10, Black Hammer 10, Decrypt 10, ECCM 10, Sniffer 10, Track 10

Armor:
Casual-Synergist Suit (Longcoat, shirt, and trousers) w/DA Coating (6/3 + 3/1 = 9/4), Full Body Form Fit (6/2) = 15/6
Trouble- SWAT Armor w/Helmet (14/12), Full PPP (2/4), Full Body Form Fit (6/2), Ballistic Shield (6/4) =28/22

Weapons:
Casual-Colt Goverment 2066 [Smartlink, Improved Range Finder, Barrel Extension, Extended Clip, Flashlight, Melee hardening]
2 clips APDS
3 clips SnS
Trouble-Praetor[Electronic Firing*, Flashlight*, High Power Chambering, Smartlink, Gas Vent III, Personalized Grip]
5 clips High Power Ammo

I'm trying to figure out if I've missed anything blatant on him. I'm not worried about overpowering the group at all (they've dealt with some pretty horrendous stuff already), but I don't want things too easy for them either. If they're smart they'll be able to get the job done without ever having to really encounter him, but I'll have to wait and see for that.
« Last Edit: <03-18-12/0859:19> by Crash_00 »

Lethe

• Omae
  • Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-12/1526:51> »
I'm trying to figure out if I've missed anything blatant on him. I'm not worried about overpowering the group at all (they've dealt with some pretty horrendous stuff already), but I don't want things too easy for them either. If they're smart they'll be able to get the job done without ever having to really encounter him, but I'll have to wait and see for that.

I don't really see, how a single mundane bodyguard can protect a president. It will probably be too easy to just avoid him and kill the president from far away. Unless of course the president has a hell lots of protection by himself. Sustained armor/combat sense/deflection/increased attributes spells at all times. High force spirits on watch all time and mages in a split second backup reach.

Crash_00

« Reply #2 on: <03-17-12/1532:57> »
Oh there are many many more SS agents, including magical protection around the clock. This is just the main bodyguard that is always by the side unless something is going down in the middle of the night.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-17-12/1730:37> »
Presidents aren't worth that much to protect.  That's why they have VP's... and protocols in place to dictate who takes over and in what order.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-17-12/1732:46> »
Oh, if that guy was protecting the nuclear football, it would be justified.

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #5 on: <03-18-12/0244:01> »
Does he have a Quality to back up the 7 in Dodge? I don't see it...

I'd throw a cyberware scanner in there, too, maybe to pick up on cranial nukes and the like. And a Vehicle Spotter/recognition prog for drones and the like.

I like the looks of him. The Specializations for Dodge and Demolitions, for example, are very good. And the Flashbacks to the Haeffner situation? Wonderful touches. They may even play a part in what comes, which is the best of all.

Maybe I missed it, but is the Distinctive Style a result of him playing a Fomori?
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

Crash_00

« Reply #6 on: <03-18-12/0923:15> »
Does he have a Quality to back up the 7 in Dodge? I don't see it...
He does now. I had the points for it written down, but the actual quality never made it on to the record apparently. Thanks for the catch, knew I was missing something. Also remembered to toss in a Sleep Regulator. He doesn't have time to sleep like a normal person.

I'd throw a cyberware scanner in there, too, maybe to pick up on cranial nukes and the like. And a Vehicle Spotter/recognition prog for drones and the like.
Again, thanks for the suggestions. I'd never even thought about using cranial bombs or storage containers for nuclear bombs. Hmm...the possibilities are endless.

Maybe I missed it, but is the Distinctive Style a result of him playing a Fomori?
Part of it is the Fomori aspect, but there is also the fact that he is huge (Body 18, over twice what is considered a large target) and his general appearance (I didn't post his description, but his Synthetic skull has the horns removed and a very human like face that screams Special Agent, kind of like the matrix agents. His outfit and standard equipment finish off the agent appearance).

Now I have even more ideas to make things complicated. Thanks.

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-18-12/1015:47> »
Now I have even more ideas to make things complicated. Thanks.
It's like from Windtalkers.  "Protect the code."

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #8 on: <06-04-12/1320:13> »
This just isn't even right. Why would you even need a guy like this??

I want to see how my group stacks up now....

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-04-12/1346:09> »
As a bodyguard? I especially like the "Dodge:7(10) (Bodyguard +2)" to dodge into an attack instead of away from it. Of course he needs stats to survive the shot, else the money in his equipment would be wasted.

But i think a Fomori with exceptional attribute and genetic optimization body has a natural maximum of 13 and would only need 6 body enhancement to max out at 19. So he could still be improved.

Crash_00

« Reply #10 on: <06-04-12/1442:26> »
Lot's of room for improvement really. He wasn't really a "maximum build" so much as a very very hard encounter. He actually survived the job (so did Colloton but her body double didn't). About a dozen "red shirt" secret service agents didn't live to tell the tale (used the FBI stats from Ghost Cartels but tweaked them to ten).

Out of the six man team only one of the players managed to die. Turns out blowing down Marine 1 while you're hanging on to the outside is probably a bad idea. Especially if it's hovering about thirty feet in the air when you decide to hit the switch.

Two were significantly injured (one was carried out in overflow and the other took a sniper round to the chest but walked away with one box left) and the rest were an ensemble of minor damage.

Rocky Hardison only fired on the group once and it was suppressive fire (his job was to make sure the "president" made it to safety, not engage). He actually wound up 12 boxes into his physical track after the helicopter explosion/crash. His flashbacks now include both incidents of explosions.

As a bodyguard? I especially like the "Dodge:7(10) (Bodyguard +2)" to dodge into an attack instead of away from it. Of course he needs stats to survive the shot, else the money in his equipment would be wasted.
When the first burst went off at her and he dove into it, the player was practically dumbfounded. He did not see it coming at all, despite the fact that it's pretty much the purpose of secret service body guards.

Lethe

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <06-04-12/1524:41> »
(so did Colloton but her body double didn't).
You did not make it easy for them!

When the first burst went off at her and he dove into it, the player was practically dumbfounded. He did not see it coming at all, despite the fact that it's pretty much the purpose of secret service body guards.
I can imagine, that is probably one of the things they won't forget so fast.

Crash_00

« Reply #12 on: <06-04-12/1536:54> »
For some reason it reminded me of those moments in Mortal Kombat where the guy yells whoopsie.

They pretty much botched the legwork on the run (meaning they did practically none despite mucho GM prodding). You don't try to take out a world power president with no legwork. Well you can, but it's going to usually result in a botch.