NEWS

Shotgun that sets people on FIRE?

• 53 Replies

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #30 on: <05-23-11/1935:01> »
Historically, my gun-bunnies always kept a nice-cheap sawn-off T-250 on-person specifically for  weird ammo (shock-lock requirements, flare rounds, Dragons'breath in old versions etc)

Does SR4 have rules for Coin Shot? This could bring the Roomsweepers back into action :P

Myself, I've never dealt with it before, but having just seen resident Evil:Afterlife, and playing too much Fallout:New Vegas, I'm curious as to the mechanics of it.

A) It looks like the mass of a slug, but spread like Flechette.... Would it be just a higher Power Flechette Round?
B) Is it just the same as Teflon Flechette, where the AP penalties no longer apply?.. or would they be worse as coins more likely to bounce of hard armour?
C) Secret option C)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Morg

« Reply #31 on: <05-24-11/1530:18> »
Truth be told coin shot has awful ballistics it instead has all of the Weakness of a Slug cobined with the Weakness of Flechette

ie a large deformation of the coin witch causes an irregular pattern, short range and few Pellets to hit the target

not optimal at all

but still Props for coolness factor of shooting out coins, I would like to see saboted shotgun slugs
« Last Edit: <05-24-11/1532:29> by Morg »

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #32 on: <05-24-11/1546:01> »
SR shotguns fire slugs by default. And i suspect they would be sabot-ed by default, rather then just a big ball of metal, to get max effect.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <05-24-11/1605:16> »
I would like to see saboted shotgun slugs
From my Weapons&Equipment text file:
Sabot round
A sabot round consists of a small, dense core surrounded by a lightweight jacket (the sabot itself). When the round is fired, the sabot falls away within a few yards ofthe muzzle,
leaving the projectile to travel on at extremely high velocity increasing the effective range of the slug. Increase the shotguns range by 50% when using these.
- - B 4R 40
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Morg

« Reply #34 on: <05-24-11/1608:53> »
SR shotguns fire slugs by default. And i suspect they would be sabot-ed by default, rather then just a big ball of metal, to get max effect.

In this case I will disagree with you sir saboting is an extra cost to a round and not all operations need saboting to do the job, the corps would not give you an advantage for free they would market it to you. secondly the writers have already called attention to saboting with APDS as an additional cost and availability value

@ max sounds good

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #35 on: <05-24-11/1617:28> »
Then load your SR shotgun with APDS and be happy. No need for special rules for them when the effect is basically the same (except for the larger bore of the barrel).

Thing is that sabot is a misnomer, any time one pack something around a object to minimize propellant leakage one is dealing with a sabot. This independent of the round fired being a crash test dummy or a tungsten/DU penetrator.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #36 on: <05-31-11/0138:12> »
They're called "Dragonsbreath" Shotgun shells, and exist IRL indeed.  Not sure if they were around in Vietnam, and Black Ops was really, REALLY bad for accuracy of weapons.

I do know that they, apparently, won't work with Semi-Auto Shotguns.  Pull out your Pumps, people.  :P
exhibit A. God bless that crazy Russian bastard. He always seems to have access to wonderful toys.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #37 on: <05-31-11/1154:02> »
They're called "Dragonsbreath" Shotgun shells, and exist IRL indeed.  Not sure if they were around in Vietnam, and Black Ops was really, REALLY bad for accuracy of weapons.

I do know that they, apparently, won't work with Semi-Auto Shotguns.  Pull out your Pumps, people.  :P
exhibit A. God bless that crazy Russian bastard. He always seems to have access to wonderful toys.
"Do not try this at home, unless you are professional."  *Points to shirt that says "Professional Russian"*  Nearly fell over at that.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <05-31-11/1423:40> »
Since you bring up that guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

"Shotguns double modifiers from uncompensated recoil, just like heavy weapons."

Yeah.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <05-31-11/1424:45> »
Where is this quoted from?
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #40 on: <05-31-11/1426:47> »

SR4A, p.152 contains the paraphrasing.
« Last Edit: <05-31-11/1429:29> by Operator »

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <05-31-11/1427:11> »

It's a paraphrase of the actual rules. I don't have my book pdfs with me, otherwise I would have just quoted the SR4A verbatim.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <05-31-11/1430:35> »

SR4A, p.152.
....... Someone's face should be pretty red right about now.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-31-11/1443:26> »

Well, maybe the average person has trouble with shotgun recoil. After all, "there is no more deadly weapon system in the world than a Russian with two AA-12s."  8)

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #44 on: <05-31-11/1444:38> »

SR4A, p.152.

Well, that's the reference. It is a paraphrase, and I first thought the language was more in line with the SR4 printing, but it isn't.  ???

"Any shotgun fired in burst fire mode also doubles the modifier for any uncompensated recoil." Does this mean full auto is off the hook?