NEWS

Experimental Equipment and Technology

• 42 Replies

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <01-23-13/1550:26> »
Yeah, I like the idea for a Mech. Maybe something designed for a specific combat situation, to give reason for the thing's anthro-form. Could be wheeled on a rollerball system for speed and strafing manueverability on flat surfaces, or it could have feet, hovercraft, or treads, depending on what it's designed for. Would love to see more mecha realistically integrated into shadowrun, even if it is just for utility, construction, or environment related purposes. Whatever reasonable purposes a person can thing of. Maybe just entertainment.

nullnostalgia

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <01-23-13/1641:18> »
Yeah, I like the idea for a Mech. Maybe something designed for a specific combat situation, to give reason for the thing's anthro-form. Could be wheeled on a rollerball system for speed and strafing manueverability on flat surfaces, or it could have feet, hovercraft, or treads, depending on what it's designed for. Would love to see more mecha realistically integrated into shadowrun, even if it is just for utility, construction, or environment related purposes. Whatever reasonable purposes a person can thing of. Maybe just entertainment.

Is this the droid you're looking for?

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <01-23-13/2211:03> »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Is this the droid you're looking for?
These are not the dwarves you're looking for.
« Last Edit: <02-28-13/1414:58> by Mithlas »

Pyromaster13

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <01-28-13/1410:32> »
I do like the idea of ranged sensor deployment through mortars, rockets, and grenades. With all of the other sensor gizmos (even before Spy Games), I'm rather surprised that something like it wasn't already deployed by security agencies trying to keep tabs on things like camouflaged or invisible enemies, or even potentially something utilizing flourescing bacteria to also identify spirit/astral threats.

The first part sounds like a modded version of sensor mortar rounds from WAR!, but the flourensing bacteria already exists,  FAB from pg. 126 of Street Magic.

Lightsaber focus? Don't you mean Ukkru Katana focus bonded with primal fire?
« Last Edit: <01-30-13/1434:25> by Pyromaster13 »

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <01-30-13/0058:16> »
Mono-fletchette ammunition.
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

Mithlas

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <02-21-13/2246:30> »
Like some form of Metal Storm weapon? That's almost as mean as the Smart Grenades from Space: Above and Beyond, especially if such a weapon would have a similar ability to spray shrapnel over a target area.

Maybe a lucifer lamp-based system that allows a large monocle basic perception of strong auras. Anybody else got any ideas for derivative or successive technology based on the lucifer lamp? Or an artificial magic-null-field generator?

virgil

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <02-28-13/0248:52> »
I've considered the idea of using a lucifer lamp for anti-spirit lasers, as well as a major component in a faster mana sensitive film camera, or even the equivalent of a flashbang or signature scrambler for astral perception.

emsquared

• Ace Runner
  • Super Perfundo
« Reply #22 on: <02-28-13/1248:03> »
I wanted some more ideas (maybe an alternative option). What sort of gear do you think is likely or might you like to see in development against us freedom-fighter (dirty thief?) shadowrunners?
I've always liked the idea of more Manatech: some sort of headgear that will help a Mundane resist mental manipulation/illusion spells, armor that helps Mundane resist magical attacks like Stunbolt/Ball, Powerbolt/ball, Manabolt/ball, etc. (but not elemental damage like a lightning bolt or fireball, etc.), gloves that give a range: touch spell a MAG in meters range or the like, but increase Drain, things like that. And/or the equivalent of staves/rods/wands, some sort of focus that gives any Awakened the ability to cast a spell they do not know one time, or multiple times. Maybe even manatech like a crystal that can be thrown by anyone (including Mundane) with the effect of a Fireball when it breaks or some such.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #23 on: <02-28-13/1257:37> »
I wanted some more ideas (maybe an alternative option). What sort of gear do you think is likely or might you like to see in development against us freedom-fighter (dirty thief?) shadowrunners?
I've always liked the idea of more Manatech: some sort of headgear that will help a Mundane resist mental manipulation/illusion spells, armor that helps Mundane resist magical attacks like Stunbolt/Ball, Powerbolt/ball, Manabolt/ball, etc. (but not elemental damage like a lightning bolt or fireball, etc.), gloves that give a range: touch spell a MAG in meters range or the like, but increase Drain, things like that. And/or the equivalent of staves/rods/wands, some sort of focus that gives any Awakened the ability to cast a spell they do not know one time, or multiple times. Maybe even manatech like a crystal that can be thrown by anyone (including Mundane) with the effect of a Fireball when it breaks or some such.

i like those ideas. i figure miltech would be working on some kind of conduit material that could be woven into armour to help dissipate magic and *earth* it, giving a primitive kind of magic resistance to the wearer. the fiber would probably be some kind of awakened plant structure or ameoba/bacterial mat culture integrated into the fibers of the armour.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #24 on: <02-28-13/1309:34> »
Slap a leech construct on someone's head?

-k

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #25 on: <02-28-13/2052:24> »
Slap a leech construct on someone's head?

-k

Volunteers for field testing?

Anyone?

We have cookies!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #26 on: <02-28-13/2130:53> »
Cave Johnson:  "Who wants to make sixty bucks?"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

virgil

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <02-28-13/2327:51> »

Maskerade

• Newb
  • Reality may not match advertised product
« Reply #28 on: <03-03-13/1755:19> »
A personal weapon system that decimates the surrounding area through the use of launched micro-explosive capsules? Maybe called the Hurricane?

Yes I have been playing Deus Ex Human Revolution recently. How did you guess?
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Supine

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <03-27-13/0314:02> »
Tesla coils are always fun. You could even have a desperate street sam who breaks into the vault, takes the new Coil-based Electric Offensive Cannon and starts looking like a final boss, only to turn it on and fry himself because it turns out it's kinda hard to direct electricity like that.