NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1890 on: <07-16-15/0831:06> »
@Aria kudos for sorting out all that especially the combat was impressive logistics.
I'm gratified that I've still got so many players with this game - but I had anticipated a few less of you by now  ::)

Ah well, plenty more combat to come so it was all good practice  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1891 on: <07-16-15/0832:10> »
Yikes - never know what will happen next.

To be fair, pure RP-wise, I think Al and some of us others would have just shot this guy in the suit, and let the sure knowledge of his corp's retaliation offer him cold comfort in his watery grave at the bottom of the Thames.

But since - and correct me if I'm wrong - Scythe, this was you with an itch to try a new PC? - then I certainly wouldn't want to derail that!
(Though I'll miss Snow!)

Welcome Nitro!!!

And I do love the IC way you did it - threw a whole new wrinkle into our currently complicated plot!!

Anyway, the question now is - how many seats have you got in that frosty ride of yours???

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1892 on: <07-16-15/0835:35> »
Yikes - never know what will happen next.

To be fair, pure RP-wise, I think Al and some of us others would have just shot this guy in the suit, and let the sure knowledge of his corp's retaliation offer him cold comfort in his watery grave at the bottom of the Thames.
Thanks for your restraint :)  new mid-run introductions are never easy and Scythe did a grand job!  Oh, and Torrent vouches for Nitro so he's not spinning you a line  ;)

If we don't hear from Zeth in a bit we'll fudge it that he has accompanied Daddy to the doc shop...then if either return we can slot them back in!
« Last Edit: <07-16-15/0838:54> by Aria »

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1893 on: <07-16-15/0854:24> »
Yeah, was having isues with Snow Crash... some of them just in the build and skillset, others where in the RP... he's really backloaded story wise which made getting RP out of him hard... Nitro on the other hand is very much frontloaded with a quality set that's going to prime him for RP in any given situation.

Ohh and Al, it's a 4 seater. Basically using one of the alternate models of the Hyundai Shin-Hyung.

Nitro character sheet.

Connecting to JackPoint VPN...
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>>>Enter Passcode: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
YOU’RE IN. USE IT WELL.

Welcome to JackPoint, please enter your query.

Accessing Runner database, street name: Nitro

Metatype: Human
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 180cm
Weight: 75kg
Eyes: Obvious cybernetic replacements, optics frequently change colour to match present outfit and hair.
Hair: 40cm fiber-optic replacement, colour and patterns frequently change.
Distinguishing features: Multiple obvious cybernetics including hair, eyes, ears and feet. The latter appear to have been replaced solely to allow installation of cyber-skates.
Date of birth: xx/xx/2050.
Place of birth: London
SIN Status: Appears to have a legitimate British National SIN, this guy is too noisy and flamboyant to have staid in the shadows this long if he was though, looks like a top of the line fake.
Current residence: London
Known Languages: English (Native)

Street Name: Nitro
Typical role: Rigger/Fire Support
Notes: Two words sum up Nitro, Adrenalin Junky. It's just as well this guy hasn't had an adrenalin booster installed or he probably would have killed himself with adrenalin poisoning by now. The bigger the risks, the bigger the rush and he doesn't care much about the odds, which he seems to defy on a regular basis. Some say it's better to be lucky than good, in a firefight you'd almost say that aboit this guy... but behind the wheel is a whole other story, he's both lucky AND good, I also pity any poor SoB that gets him pissed enough to jump into one of those armored rotodrones he has, having a fragged off rigger trying to add extra ventilation holes with a MMG flying around on an armored chassis is not good for your health.
Appearance: You know those poor bastards who seem to have a glowing "Shoot me!" sign on their back? I've seen this nut case literally do that with that fancy armor he wares, and don't even get me started on the hair. You want to get in completely unnoticed this is literally the last person you want on your run, I've even seen him get pissed that not enough people where shooting at him. Total mental case.

Known History:

Much of this runner's history can be seen in his rap sheet, from general speeding and reckless driving, through to illegal street racing. After that things dry up on the official records, but shadow chatter puts him as a slowly growing figure in the London shadow community as a getaway driver and general wheelman.

There appear to be several stages where this runner has taken large steps into higher grade work, quite possibly as a result of cybernetic enhancements typical of riggers, it's also around this time his appearance began to get more and more flamboyant.

Although he's been working the London shadows for years it's suspected that this runner still has contacts in, and is involved in London's street racing scene. Often taking place in the barrens these races can often have the added complication of gang battles breaking out mid-race, making razor sharp reflexes a vital necessity in a scene that allows rigger modified vehicles so that drivers can push their machines to the limit.

Over the years this runner has also become a competent, although not gifted, mechanic. Able to fix or break almost any kind of vehicle or machinery given tools time and focus... the later of which is usually a problem for this hyperactive thrill seeker.
« Last Edit: <07-16-15/0859:27> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1894 on: <07-16-15/0901:55> »

Ohh and Al, it's a 4 seater. Basically using one of the alternate models of the Hyundai Shin-Hyung.

So we may still need that van that's coming in the morning if we want to move the whole family as a unit.

A chase would take on a whole new dimension, though, with Nitro running interference.

And of course we could always put just the doc with Nitro.

Or...make it LOOK like the doc was with Nitro...

...so many fun options, so little time to post...

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1895 on: <07-16-15/0906:00> »
*chuckles* yeah, this guy is way too much a speed freak to be trundling around in a van... the BMW is a good mix of capacity and performance though, only car to beat it performance wise is a 2 seater luxury sports model.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1896 on: <07-16-15/0909:45> »
great entrance scene.

pistolgrip

• Omae
  • Unfounded Ambition
« Reply #1897 on: <07-16-15/1152:41> »
I liked Snow as well. I'll have to read up on gameplay to see what you guys are even talking about.
I myself had considered having Jackhammer bow out. This was supposed to be his first run, and RP-wise, he's in way over his head. I can't imagine he'd want to be involved in this business anymore, paycheck or no.

Scythe, I'm just curious, did you build sum-to-14 with standard values or sum-to-14 with prime values? And did you carry over your Karma/cash rewards, or start fresh?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1898 on: <07-16-15/1658:36> »
Sum-to-14 Prime. The chunk of nuyen and karma on the sheet is the transfer of unspent nuyen and karma from Snow Crash.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1899 on: <07-16-15/1851:49> »
Hey Scythe, good posts, no offense at you or your Rigger, just roleplaying :)
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1900 on: <07-16-15/1855:43> »
Hey Scythe, good posts, no offense at you or your Rigger, just roleplaying :)

No worries man, I'd kinda expect him to grate on people's nerves... in a lifestyle as dangerous as shadowrunning having some hyperactive adrenaline junkie dumped in your lap is probably not going to sit well with a lot of runners.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1901 on: <07-16-15/2348:08> »
Matrix searches: 19d6t5 6
Solo and whomever is tech savy in that team will dive into the matrix and cross reference the interesting parties from the docs profiles with their possible interests regarding his research.  He is trying to help the doc make an informed decision as well as get some leverages for a possible negotiation. If they need to do one.
(The limit is 6... if anyone is helping Solo can take an additional 6 dice top, limited by skill).

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1902 on: <07-17-15/0812:12> »
The problem is with CFD being the new 'big bad' everyone is interested in it!!!  As you have Jackpoint access you can get the Lockdown file (anyone else bought it?!?), I confess I haven't read it yet as I've been immersed in Chrome Flesh and Data Trails but as it has come up again I'll make a special effort over the weekend to at least read the timeline bit to get a feel for events...

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1903 on: <07-17-15/0828:30> »
OK, time to make some purchases for Nitro to get him settled...

Hardwired Vectored Signal Filter for his RCC: 1,300
Rating 6 Agent: 12,000
3 more fly spy drones with tricked out sensor packages: 18,750
Upgrading BMW 400GT sensor suit to Rating 7 (4 directional cameras, Omnidirectional Mic and Ultrasound), no special features.: 7,000
Low Lifestyle - 1 Month safehouse: 2,000
----------------------------------------------------------------
Total Spending: 41050

Alright, that's got my surveillance kit fully setup.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1904 on: <07-17-15/0833:45> »
The problem is with CFD being the new 'big bad' everyone is interested in it!!!  As you have Jackpoint access you can get the Lockdown file (anyone else bought it?!?), I confess I haven't read it yet as I've been immersed in Chrome Flesh and Data Trails but as it has come up again I'll make a special effort over the weekend to at least read the timeline bit to get a feel for events...

Yeah, I feel so dumb not comparing game dates with the game world timeline...