NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1905 on: <07-17-15/0852:52> »
How are the game dates aligned with these events ( a bit new in this).

adamu

« Reply #1906 on: <07-17-15/1200:49> »
My copy of Lockdown is at home. Soon as I get there I will check the dates of the Boston quarantine against our game date, but since Rachel (Aria) pointed it out, I am sure it will show that those events are just now unfolding in our game time.

(I still feel sooo stupid for not checking that!)

But as for headcases holding positions of power, well, I'll hit that one IC...

adamu

« Reply #1907 on: <07-17-15/1213:57> »
@Scythe - tricky situation you've brought up....

Sadly, Al left his precious van on a roadside somewhere when we were shaking our pursuit. Moved most of my gear and the family into the borrowed Toyota Elite. Was going to go back and get it before parking restrictions kicked in in the morning.
Now I've been worried about getting back in time.

Which is why I ordered the new van from my contact, which is supposed to be here at 7 AM.

Now what I WANT to do is say that I had a friend go pick it up and bring it to me.
That would avoid retconning the several IC posts you've done on it.
I only hesitate to do that because it is a massive material gain for me, and a big boost for the team, if we get it back...so don't want to just award that to myself/us...

Aria - thoughts?

Will respond IC once I find out what the GM says.

As for spare parts - tricky question. Al's place, in game terms, is an automotive facility. Not sure if that includes parts - there are some rules in Run & Gun on vehicle repairs - have to look at that as well when I get home.

But if the van is there, Al will be MORE than happy to get under the hood with you (that sounded weird).

...you could make a teamwork roll and add your successes to my dice pool...(-:

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1908 on: <07-17-15/1225:04> »
To save a lot of retconning I'm happy to assume you had the van autopilot itself nearby, check it was clean and then get Duke or Jackhammer or someone to drive it in... as has been mentioned it's shagged and unlikely to get repaired quickly!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1909 on: <07-17-15/1230:03> »
Sweet - got my van back!!!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1910 on: <07-17-15/1309:19> »
really good post adamu, and congrats for the van I think we can fix 3 condition boxes with a simple kit in a few hours. 

adamu

« Reply #1911 on: <07-17-15/1516:19> »

Back home to the books, which have been piling up much faster than I can read them (obviously)...hmmm...as of our game date, Boston has been locked down under quarantine for about two weeks. But near as I can tell from skimming quickly, the public story is still some sort of encephalitis.
But of course word eventually leaks out.
Seems that as of our date, the true nature of the quarantine (CFD) is not exactly publicly known, but obviously Rachel Pelletiere knows about it, and I imagine rumours must be spreading.

But of course the corps have known about it from the beginning - so I am still wondering why the doc was unmolested for so long, then three teams go for him all at the same time on one particular night (when he hadn't even made his deal with Evo yet)...

By the time of Chrome Flesh, which seems to be about July (two weeks in our future), the public is in widespread panic about CFD.
And check out the list on page 17 to get an idea of how well infiltrated upper corp management MIGHT be with CFD victims...

adamu

« Reply #1912 on: <07-17-15/1530:33> »
really good post adamu, and congrats for the van I think we can fix 3 condition boxes with a simple kit in a few hours.

Dude, that sounds great, especially since we have a lot better than a simple kit.

But help me out and tell me where you found that.

The core book has some modifier tables, but the thresholds are all GM discretion.
There is talk of fixing a car as an all-or-nothing endeavor, where you hit the target and figure out how long it took, and then after that time the car is all fixed.
Looking at Run & Gun just makes it more painful, with a suggestion that it costs 10% of vehicle cost per box of damage, so at 15 boxes the materials will cost me 150% of the cost of a new van.
OR, in total contradiction only one paragraph later, it gives costs for parts of the car - I think I got hit in the engine block, which is a 24 threshold to fix, at a cost of a mere 25% of the vehicle cost.

In short, the car fixing rules are a slap in the face to anyone like Nitro or Al who has seriously invested nuyen and karma in being able to fix things.
They are so vague, incomplete and contradictory that I think if we want to do this "in run" we will need a GM ruling.

That said, by the time we fix anything, the new van will be here with a clean registration.

BUT - who cares - it would still be totally fun RP to work on the van together....I will happily respond to any RP posts in that direction!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1913 on: <07-17-15/1613:49> »
Why the hell would they make fixing so expensive... i never got how you can be a rigger making say 6-10k nuyen a run and then some a! hole shoots your ride and you lose more than that fixing it.  Aria pays us really well so I don't mind losing drones but seriously 3 rotodrones down would have set you a lot backwards. The human body you can fix for free - but a car.

So the only way to mechanically fix a car at no cost is the 'Fix" spell? this is seriously messed up. I like the fluff of this game and the character generation but it suffers from way too many rules.

@Aria can I get some extra drones or cars for tomorrow morrning as well ? Solo has some money to burn.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1914 on: <07-17-15/1957:25> »
Yeah the Run & Gun alternate repair rules are brutal, not even Missions use them.

I think we're more in a position of "lets roll our dice and see what the GM says" I'm not even for a moment considering we can completely fix this thing, more getting it decoy worthy. My apologies for the mixup, I hadn't realized Al had ditched the van.. that whole section was really confusing.

Also some OOC stuff since CFD is circulating around. With the new lot of drones, needed to drop something off the RCC so this was Nitro's Hard Nanohive which is running silent to protect it instead.

And detecting Nanites is hard... really hard...

Aaaanyway I have an idea so off to IC I go!
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adamu

« Reply #1915 on: <07-17-15/2014:30> »
My apologies for the mixup, I hadn't realized Al had ditched the van.. that whole section was really confusing.

Dude, no problem!

Result, I got my van off the street and back home!

adamu

« Reply #1916 on: <07-17-15/2026:36> »

I think we're more in a position of "lets roll our dice and see what the GM says"

Sounds great - I'm too tired to mess with Orokos right now - but I'll put up a roll tomorrow.

Actually, not sure what the interval will be, but I'll put up three rolls, on the assumption it's an hour, and that we have about three hours to spare.

We should use the teamwork test.
I THINK I can come up with the highest pool - 12 dice base, then 1 for superior tools and 1 for reference materials for 14 (no way Al will do the AR assist thing).
Either way, whichever of us has the larger pool should be the primary.

More tomorrow!

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1917 on: <07-17-15/2055:58> »
Solo has no mechanical skills but he can increase your logic and carefully observe what you are doing... it will give some RP story how he learned a little bit of auto mechanic. He also has the improve logic spell that can add up to 4 dice.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1918 on: <07-17-15/2100:26> »
Well with Solo doing that voodoo he does so well boosting my Logic to 7 I'm looking at 13 base dice, +1 tools, +1 if Al has reference he can share, +2 for AR assist.

Not 100% sure off the top of my head if this spell alters limits or not.. if not Mental Limit is 5, if so Mental Limit is raised to 7.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1919 on: <07-18-15/0157:58> »
also limits and as Solo is not rolling any dice we can also cast on Al (I just need to know how much essence he have.)