NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1860 on: <07-10-15/0907:57> »
That was a hack on the fly.

Hack on the Fly: 13d6t5 3    13d6t5: 3 [13d6t5=3, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 5, 4, 5, 2, 6]
I do have a wireless datajack and three levels of flencal fabric.

I'm pretty sure I needed to this in order to get to any information stored on the guys stuff. Unless Editor allows me to copy data files from his commlink?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1861 on: <07-10-15/1222:04> »
Gotcha...so now you have a mark on his deck (and OS is racking up...) so you can Snoop
(Electronic Warfare + INT vs. LOG + Firewall, Marks 1, Intercept Matrix traffic to and from target) or just use matrix perception on the deck and ask the questions on the list...?
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1862 on: <07-10-15/1644:36> »
Shopping:
New bike Mirage + weapon mount + Ak 97.
Growler equiped with weapon mount and AK 97 also.
some regular ammo. My new 'drones' will be the two bikes that won't be used in auto pilot - just for remote control. They have base of 12 + body/2 unlike drones so with 15 condition boxes I hope they do not imminently go boom when someone is shooting them.  Got to adjust to the game level - the guns here are way too big for conventional drones.
« Last Edit: <07-10-15/1646:21> by gilga »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1863 on: <07-10-15/1746:24> »
Bikes with assault rifles are almost as bad as drones with them! Just bear in mind that this is the UK not UCAS... The police are even more rabidly anti gun (in other people's hands that is)...

The reason your drones died so fast was their visibility! A stand off sniper drone might do you bettrr
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1864 on: <07-10-15/1747:18> »
@Jack: I may have been playing it wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I thought you only needed arcana to join a group and get the initiation discount?!?

Other than that, everything on your list is fine!

Well there is supposed to be an Arcana + Intuition roll for initiating...

Also, I'm guessing I'm now driving the car with Tobbis?
« Last Edit: <07-10-15/1750:30> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1865 on: <07-10-15/1804:11> »
Yeah, it's in the initiation rules.
Theoretically, I could use Demara to substitute the skill, but the interval ist to long (I know we are handling things differently regarding time and karma spending, but I want to keep the character rules legal)

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1866 on: <07-10-15/1829:13> »
Yes you are snow. Remember the car gives you up to five dice i belive it was if you drive ar due to my sprite

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1867 on: <07-10-15/1833:53> »
Right.. was just one post Solo was driving, next thing I know he's racing around on his bike...  :o
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1868 on: <07-10-15/2147:03> »
1. The AK-97 are "legal" and very common, they should not draw that much attention  ( just 4R) Easy to spot - but so easy to get them - and every common ganger down in their life has free access to them. If you weapons permit than they should be very easy to walk around with. You may have to deposit it with security before entering secure areas, but nobody should stop you walking with it.
 (SR is a very twisted world - coming to think about it).

The problem is that the weapon mounts themselves that are technically forbidden - that means that even a rotodrone with taser is illegal. So there are not many options if I want to keep to the legal side of restricted stuff - and I am not sure I want to cross into forbidden  territory especially being so hot now.  So as you cannot modify them legally to carry weapon - if the weapon mounts are obvious you clearly cannot drive around with armed cars.

So for now lets give up on that armed bikes concept because driving forbidden bikes are too much out of the way.  Bah... rigging is difficult - maybe another rotodrone.

===
about trisk post Solo sort of advanced like an hour into the future while Doc and Al are talking, but Tobias is still in combat time. If he can stick int he matrix he will otherwise he is with Snow so decking wise we'll be okay. Although that the image of 3 deckers with hammers going after you in case things turn out badly seems super cool.

if he is 'still'nearby whn tobias send that message he'll help for sure. (or if the noise is not super terrible and he can still get a signal (he has total of -5 noise reduction, i2 signal scrub, -2 vectored signal processor, -1 throdes ). (any simple way to get more by the way? without drilling a hole in his head...)

« Last Edit: <07-10-15/2157:25> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1869 on: <07-10-15/2159:57> »
@Jack: I may have been playing it wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I thought you only needed arcana to join a group and get the initiation discount?!?

Other than that, everything on your list is fine!

Well there is supposed to be an Arcana + Intuition roll for initiating...

Also, I'm guessing I'm now driving the car with Tobbis?

What threshold by the way?

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1870 on: <07-10-15/2205:09> »
Equal to level you're trying to get.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1871 on: <07-10-15/2210:03> »
Arcana + intuition: 10d6t5 2 so just for the record ;)
improve intuition + heighten concern are really fun outside combat where action economy is not an issue.

adamu

« Reply #1872 on: <07-11-15/0603:24> »
@Aria - save you a trip to my sheet re. that contact I just texted....

Grant Deans - human male
C4 L4
National Police Inspector (Lone Star Detective archetype)
Was a young cop walking a beat in the Docklands 20 years ago. Knew Al was into various things, and harrassed him a lot. But one night, Al stepped in when Grant was in over his head with five Sri Lankan gangers. They became drinking buddies and later good friends. 20 years on, Grant is an inspector with a middle-class life, wife, kids in secondary school. His position in the police makes him both knowledgeable and useful, but of course a suitably antiseptic distance must be kept.

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1873 on: <07-11-15/1258:54> »
Sorry I haven't made a recent post in the IC, every time I try something has to get in my way. Something will be up tomorrow, and I will start making sure I can make at least once a day from now on. Sorry again for my absence.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #1874 on: <07-14-15/0232:42> »
1. The AK-97 are "legal" and very common, they should not draw that much attention  ( just 4R) Easy to spot - but so easy to get them - and every common ganger down in their life has free access to them. If you weapons permit than they should be very easy to walk around with. You may have to deposit it with security before entering secure areas, but nobody should stop you walking with it.
 (SR is a very twisted world - coming to think about it).

UK 2075 has very different law on firearms. Walk around with a AK and the HRT will without much doubt be there in a matter of minutes. Even a pistol would be view suspiciously if shown in plain sight.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows