NEWS

The Fruitcake

• 64 Replies

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <08-27-12/2007:30> »
Somewhere, perhaps only in my own fevered mind was mention that while the vaccine was supposedly to provide longevity to all in actuality it was to get the ball rolling on phase 2 of a draconic servitor race. Lofwyr destroyed it in part because he felt the drakes were a terrible idea (and he should know) and didn't want to see the same mistake repeated.

Alternatively L could have destroyed it because giving everyone longevity is basically an ecological disaster waiting to happen. Global population, human extinction, to paraphrase Kosh, we're not ready for immortality.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

AndyNakamura

• Chummer
  • Memetic Warfare Agent
« Reply #61 on: <08-27-12/2028:37> »
+1 for the B5 reference. Be seeing ya.
"If you are expecting a rousing speech, or a cunning plan that will get us out of this, I will have to disappoint you. I don't have any. We either do this, or we die. And the world dies with us."
"I paid quite a lot to get all of you here. I expect you to give me my money's worth. Shogun out."

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <08-28-12/0357:26> »
Somewhere, perhaps only in my own fevered mind was mention that while the vaccine was supposedly to provide longevity to all in actuality it was to get the ball rolling on phase 2 of a draconic servitor race. Lofwyr destroyed it in part because he felt the drakes were a terrible idea (and he should know) and didn't want to see the same mistake repeated.

Alternatively L could have destroyed it because giving everyone longevity is basically an ecological disaster waiting to happen. Global population, human extinction, to paraphrase Kosh, we're not ready for immortality.

I kinda have the idea in my mind too of it having been to create a servitor race, or more drakes. Wouldn't that have been a kicker, metahumanity approaching closer to dragons in individual power.
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <08-28-12/1328:58> »
Mostly I just like the idea that D wasn't all sparkles and light. He put on a benevolent facade, he might even have felt benevolent towards metahumanity and considered some of them friends, but even if my dog is my best friend it's still my dog.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <08-28-12/1340:00> »
Well, if it provides immortality or just really good longevity, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll stay metahuman.