NEWS

Why no "Too Smart to be hit" Quality.?

• 4 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« on: <03-27-19/0209:36> »
...we have agile Defender which allows a character to substitute Agility for Willpower to full dodge, OK that makes perfect sense.  However there is also the "Too Pretty to Hit" quality that allows Charisma to be substituted for Full Dodge.  So my contention, why can't Smart characters get a similar quality?  I mean if you are a "calculating" individual, it actually makes more sense that you should be able to use that to your advantage to avoid being shot as well. 

Crikey one would think shooting the "pretty boy/girl" would be on the list right behind geeking the Mage and Technomancer.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <03-27-19/0303:42> »
...we have agile Defender which allows a character to substitute Agility for Willpower to full dodge, OK that makes perfect sense.  However there is also the "Too Pretty to Hit" quality that allows Charisma to be substituted for Full Dodge.  So my contention, why can't Smart characters get a similar quality?  I mean if you are a "calculating" individual, it actually makes more sense that you should be able to use that to your advantage to avoid being shot as well. 

Crikey one would think shooting the "pretty boy/girl" would be on the list right behind geeking the Mage and Technomancer.

If you want it, go for it. Nothing says you can't make qualities for your table. You could even do it for all the missed attributes.

"Muscles of steel" for strength...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-19/0314:03> »
Incidentally: Since it says Full Defense adds to your Defense tests, under RAW you can apply it against magic attacks, even Illusions (since Counterspelling boosts defense tests). Combat Sense explicitly limits what defense tests it applies to. Of course it makes no sense to use a physical attribute or Charisma as bonus against an Illusion, so even if you allow this interpretation, you should apply Willpower.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <03-27-19/0509:58> »
Where’s “Sixth Sense” for Intuition?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #4 on: <03-27-19/2112:31> »
...Intuition already figures into dodge, both normal (INT+ REA) and full (INT + REA + WIL).  I just wish they had an "official" version that would come into play in Missions.  Deckers could use a bit of a combat edge in the meat world as usually their physical attributes are not the greatest since Priority A often goes for Resources (which even a half way passable deck will take a good portion of) and B for skills due to all the matrix actions that involve other than just Hacking.

I was hoping that such a quality would appear in BTB.  In Kill Code there is Impenetrable Logic, but it only applies when dodging IC or personas in the Matrix, not bullets in the meat world.
Forsaken daughter is watching you