NEWS

Dunkelzahn and Hestaby

• 127 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #105 on: <09-23-13/1854:26> »
Which puts you pretty permanently into the player camp, alas.  The GM mindset requires a lot more flexibility.
Ideas require the freedom of imagination. A rigid mind cannot create.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #106 on: <09-23-13/1918:13> »
While I Mirikon hasn't convinced me that Dragons are behind this... the logic behind the argument is sound.  Dragons could be the instigators of the nanotech virus for a wide range of reasons.  Heck, if we have a mad e-ghost dragon out there, anything could be possible.  They run megacorps and are, at least stat wise, fricken geniuses at a level humans can never reach.

Still, my instinct says that this time round its not Dragons.  The scaled ancients have had enough time in the spot light for the moment and they need a short break, its time to either bring back a popular older enemy or create a new threat.  Thats not in-unverse logic, thats fanboy logic.

... that said, I do like the idea of an insane e-ghost dragon!

You know, it could be the bugs.  Ares tech combined with the need to make the flesh herds all placid and less nukey.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <09-24-13/0008:37> »
Indeed. Personally, I think dragons would go with genetic manipulation rather than nanotech. But I agree that in the case of Sybll, it is something else. Personally, I hope it is 'inhabitation sprites'.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <09-24-13/0029:40> »
Heh. Jason has been quite receptive to my ideas barring maybe three. This was one. You wouldn't believe what I wanted to do with it. Just for comparison's sake one of the others was to kill a seriously major NPC and make the fallout from Dunk's will look like a Saturday afternoon tea party.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <09-24-13/0035:25> »
Heh. Jason has been quite receptive to my ideas barring maybe three. This was one. You wouldn't believe what I wanted to do with it. Just for comparison's sake one of the others was to kill a seriously major NPC and make the fallout from Dunk's will look like a Saturday afternoon tea party.
Ooh. Well, there's only a few people who could have that kind of impact with their deaths. Pretty much limited to one of the great dragons, immortal elves, or a megacorp CEO. If this is one of the ideas that was rejected, can you at least tell us the name of the NPC?

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <09-24-13/0131:41> »
Nah. Only because I think I can wear him down eventually—"Eventually" being anytime within the next 5 years.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <09-24-13/0155:37> »
Perfectly understandable, then. I hope it is either Damien Knight or Alachia.

My Characters

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #112 on: <09-24-13/0805:00> »
That or....y'know...a very nasty AI that redistributed itself through Lab Subjects from Renraku some years ago
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <09-24-13/0838:00> »
That or....y'know...a very nasty AI that redistributed itself through Lab Subjects from Renraku some years ago
No, I want him to be alive, and stay that way. I still say that he survived the Crash somehow, and rebranded himself as Pulsar.

My Characters

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #114 on: <09-24-13/1015:29> »
No, I want him to be alive, and stay that way. I still say that he survived the Crash somehow, and rebranded himself as Pulsar.

I'm with you on the surviving the crash thing, but I think the old AI's are something much much more.

Though I do think it is AI related, if memory serves right the facility that 'Jack broke into and was infected from had numerous AI, e-ghost, etc. Similar to the way Deus wanted freedom these AI's want to be free, so they are creating a way for them to have bodies and be recognized.

So when the splat book that gives rules for creating AI PC's drops you will have an option to (or maybe default), have a human body as a home node, or what ever the 5E equivalant is.

With the way dragons think, I wouldn't be suprised if you could link some of these events to Big D's will, (I know my fanboy is showing).

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #115 on: <09-24-13/1224:03> »
*twitch*

Me? What? No, just over here, sitting with Crimsondude. Don't mind me. La la la.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #116 on: <09-24-13/1437:44> »
I think Dues is behind the upswing of dissonant technomancers.

It's doubtful dragons are behind the Sybil virus, you know other than C starting the whole damn thing by keeping the e-whatevers locked up. 
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #117 on: <09-24-13/1438:57> »
and somewhere within the Plane of information, Deus is Laughing....
Echoing through my head

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #118 on: <09-24-13/1444:56> »
With us or at us?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #119 on: <09-24-13/1504:15> »
At us. Trust me.    >:(
Echoing through my head