NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #90 on: <06-29-18/1912:57> »
Marcus Either is good for me, so whichever you would like to play in a Black Trenchcoat game is fine. I had to go today to get my eyes dilated so I was unable to post earlier, sorry. I will try to get the first IC post up soon to start setting the mood of the game.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #91 on: <06-29-18/1924:40> »
I genuinely have no idea what I should be doing to make a good artificer/alchemist/summoner.  So just gonna buy some basic spells and assensing and skill points and stuff. 

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #92 on: <06-29-18/1935:35> »
Make sure you post it up here so we can help you hone in on your build with you. I will write you in to the story last so you have time to finish the build and such. I really like the new concept so far. Are you thinking kitchen with style fore the alchemy stuff? How much do you know about the Tuatha de Danann?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #93 on: <06-29-18/2056:10> »
Ok so Summoning is very strong, Blackshade10, my suggestion would be run a Cha+Will Tradition, Summoning builds are about binding spirits, which is something you want to do once the game starts (It costs karma before the game begins, but not in game). Alchemy takes a little more planning, over the course of 5th Alchemy has gotten steadily better and more playable. If you have access to FA, something like Potion making might help you visualize how it works a little more clearly. So you create preparations, with assigned lynch pins which is just a way to trigger the spell), trigger were the crankiest problem when it first came out, but now things have eased up and there finally means to store alchemy for long term and methods to pass them around a group. So buff spells do very well with alchemy. So I would recommend focusing on your summoning and seeing how you can use that in conjunction with your spirits to make them even stronger, and those some ideas will work well with the party.

Be aware of spirit index, when you are dedicated summoner, you can get in trouble with Spirit index if you don't pay attention to it. Be decent to your spirit minions and generally all should be well. To me the coolest thing about spirits and deciding what they look and how they fit into your character's paradigm of magic.

My apologize if this comes across as lecturing, I'm simply not sure where your knowledge of this stuff is.

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #94 on: <06-29-18/2121:10> »
If u haven’t played mage before go aspected sorcerer, it’ll be way easier.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <06-29-18/2220:19> »
Sorry which way are you voting Adzling? Aspect Sorcerer or did you mean Aspected Summoner?
Did you have a preference character wise?
« Last Edit: <06-29-18/2223:04> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #96 on: <06-29-18/2309:17> »
only sayin if blackshade hasn't run a mage before then a summoner/ alchemist is possibly THE most complicated way to break yourself in.

instead i would recommend an aspected sorceror.
« Last Edit: <06-30-18/1110:32> by adzling »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <06-29-18/2354:21> »
only sayin if blade hasn't run a mage before then a summoner/ alchemist is possibly THE most complicated way to break yourself in.

instead i would recommend an aspected sorceror.

Yeah that is certainly very true. Magic is complex enough without having to worry about Spirit index, vaults of ages, and which trigger type to use.
Thinking
com
speaking

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <06-30-18/1200:28> »
Well sounds like the best option is to leave magic in the hand Blackshade and run Ace. Hopefully he will prove to be useful.
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #99 on: <07-01-18/0630:35> »
I know a fair bit about the Tuatha de Danann, I run Scion a lot, and study mythology.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kFqMcxfr7ZYTD0L9MWYYCLGp-dnu2HyO/view?usp=sharing

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <07-01-18/0732:55> »
3 attributes at 1 would always be a red flag to me in any build. But in a game like this which is described as more lethal, I  would very strongly discourage a body of 1.

Next I would never build to do all of magic, Sorcery is great, Summoning is great, and Alchemy is great. But doing all three is just killing your resources. Sorcery and Alchemy both take up the same resources and are mutually exclusive b/c spells have to be for one or the other. So i'd strongly recommend picking one, and dropping the other. Sorcery is easier to learn and play then Alchemy.  But ether one can work. Also ritual spellcasting is fairly rare unless your interested in some specific use of it.

Your building is using priority? Something like A Magic, B skills, C stats, D resources and E Meta?
I'd recommend swapping skills and attributes.

What are the tenets of the CoH: Chosen of Morgan? If you don't mind me asking.
« Last Edit: <07-01-18/0745:45> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #101 on: <07-01-18/0751:56> »
There's only so many attribute points to go round!  Feels like I'm crippling myself in generalizing.  But OK, I'll look at it again.  I'm using Sum to 10. 

Chosen of the Morrigan are anything and everything related to Ravens and Crows and corvid's in general.  Including the mundane animal, the Beast-Spirits, and others who follow Crow/Raven, Awakened or not. 

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <07-01-18/0817:03> »
Maybe something like?
Magic A Skills B Attributes B Meta E Resources E?

Attributes:
B 3
S 1
A 4
R 4
I  4
L 2*
W 5
C  6
*10 karma

Skills:
Automatics 6 (Machine Pistol) +2
Summoning 6 (Beast Spirits)+2
Binding 6
Spellcasting 6
Counter Spelling 6
Arcane 5
Perception 3
Gymnastics 3
Assensing 3
Influence Skill Group 5

I follow what the chosen are, but what the tenets of behavior of the code of Honor Chosen of Morrigan?
« Last Edit: <07-01-18/0819:09> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #103 on: <07-01-18/1205:11> »
imho assensing should be pumped to 6 (aura reading +2) over automatics 6 (machine pistols2).

a mage only secondarily (or tertiariliy) needs to shoot something

but he should be primarily able to see astral things.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <07-01-18/1211:30> »
I hear you, but I already knocked off the melee capability completely and I didn't want to drop anymore options off it.

Maybe Compromise to shuffling some points from Gymnastics and Arcane?
Thinking
com
speaking