NEWS

Timeframe?

• 5 Replies

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« on: <12-21-11/0949:29> »
What year does Missions Season 4 take place in? I just began reading over the first episode and it seems like it is very current, like after or during the Dawn of the Artifacts.
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #1 on: <12-21-11/0950:15> »
Season 4 is in 2073. And it goes concurrent with the artifact craziness.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <12-21-11/1227:13> »
We're running a  little behind on the publishing schedule for Season 4, but Mirikon has it correct.

The 2010 CMP adventures in theory take place in 2072 (In CMP 2010-02: Copycat Killer that was released with the latest SRM adventure, there's a Knight Errant Memo dated February 2072, and the Mission itself takes place "Summer 2072", probably August).

For the general timeline, I assume that SRM 04-01 starts in January 2073, and each adventure is one month apart, and occasionally that plays into the adventure.  SRM 04-05 notes that it's been a bit over 3 months since 04-01.  SRM 04-11 coevrs the election in Seattle, and takes place in November.  Once we wrap up the first batch of Season 4 adventures, we'll roll into 2074 with SRM 04-13.

Now, granted, players "Personal time" may not mesh, if they're keeping track on a calender.  That's fine.  It's one of those things we gotta just kinda roll with for a Living Campaign.  Different players need different amounts of down time between adventures, and play different numbers of adventures. That's one of the reasons the Calender doesn't have the names of the months listed on it :) 

Bull

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #3 on: <12-21-11/1349:58> »
Alright. Makes my plan a lil tough. I began running a game right from where SR4 started off. The group is a bit slow in their approach to runs so I'm GMing material that's during Emergence and was looking to use Missions as supplemental adventures.

Thanks for the info.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <12-21-11/1602:26> »
One thing to note, unless you're worried about keeping the characters "Missions official" and they plan to play in other Missions games (At conventions and at local game stores if any Agents are in your area), then don't sweat it too much.  These can be used as regular adventures as well, and in that case feel free to modify whatever you need.

The only Impact the timeline really has at the moment is that Knight Errant plays a big part in Missions through one of the NPCs (Tosh).  If you're trying to stick with SR4 Canon, Knight Errant doesn't get the contract until the beginning of 2072.  So you either need to fudge that to have it happen earlier, or simply switch out KE references for Lone Star references.

The Election that centers around the Ork underground happens in November 2073, but again you can fudge this.  It's not critical that it happens in '73, and you can move teh timeframe up some.

For the most part, the dates are mostly just a reference point so you know where these events fall.  But you can move them around easy enough for a home game.

Bull

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #5 on: <01-04-12/1712:37> »
I will keep it in mind. I kinda want to stay to cannon for once.