NEWS

Need advice on Cargo of bullet train?

• 4 Replies

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« on: <11-08-10/1217:17> »
I joined a good group of runners this weekend, and went on first run. They have been playing for three years, so it was really cool to be included in there group. The run had us quickly meet a Johnson, who needed us to intercept a bullet train. The Train had already made its way through Seattle, but we could hit the security train behind it. The mission was twofold, one was about getting two crates of the main train...The second one was trying to change a political figure's mind about his stance on Humanis, and see if we could get him to support a more Meta friendly political stance.

It was fun, we made it on the security train, and took out the 12 security guards (profession rating 4 with cyber enhancements, swat armor, ares alpha's) with one mage and two spirit support. We took some heavy hits though, and the only player looking okay was my Minotaur (made from random Priority, and then they added 50 Karma to him) with 6 hits on him.

He then had us get stuck the rail company’s containment branch of the tunnel. we were hit with more security with heavy fixed weapons and superior position. We once again took some heavy hits, but made it out okay when we learned that the fixed weapons had a forward firing arch only. We assaulted there position with some summoned spirits, and hit their mage with a sniper shot when he tried to counter them.

Then we hit the main Train, it had very little human presence, so we conceived a plan to hit the three guards with spirits, the human attack the political figure and then we Meta’s would rescue them. It went off well, intill our not so thought out plan had me the surged Minotaur went to do the diplomacy and rolled a critical glitch…yep all my dice rolled ones  So while I was spitting all over this por human in my native Greek tongue… the group was trying to secure the second part of the plan..but the two containers were open, and we had one hell of a fight try to get those damn creatures back into there crates. We killed one. And sense I had screwed up the damn political contact I took him back to the car with me; he got attack and was bleeding…..so we threw him into the crate and the last creature went after the nice scent of blood. We will call the side mission an epic fail….but we got one critter and the corpse of the second…so Johnson was happy  enough…

My question to the good community is due to time constraints we wrapped up the adventure fast, and somehow the GM lost the cargo sheet we could nab as swag. So looking over the opposition, what amount of $ do you think would be one the second cargo train? He said if we wanted something unique for our players to Email him and he will look it over…but being new to this I just do not have a clear Idea of what is practical to ask for…My Minotaur only had 15K to work with at creation, and he got another 30 grand from IN debt (I also took 30 BP worth of additional negative qualities to offset the In debt…they will roll over when I paid of the debt) so I do not have much to begin with…pistol, looted Ares alpha, FFBA, the PPP system, Lined coat, standard running support gear, and some basic cyber wear.

Thanks for reading this through, and taking the time with any replies. Have a good day Frankie

Kerebrus

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-08-10/1755:00> »
Doesn't sound like your "need" much.  Such is the life in the shadows.

Things that would have an easy street fencing time and be useful to a runner:
Commlinks by the case - truly disposable phones.
Medtech of some sort.
really, anything (R)estricted would be ahndy to ingratiate yourself with whatever shadow community you are enshrouded in.  Even something as simple as a case of real alcohol to buddy you up with a local bar proprietor.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <11-08-10/1907:46> »
Or real coffee.

Nothing says loving like a non-soykaff mochachino.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #3 on: <11-08-10/2350:17> »
I once handed my runners a large shipment of fresh fruit, vegetables and meat. It's fun to see what they will do with something when the cargo itself has a "best if fenced by" date built in - in addition to it being worth some decent cred. Maybe something along those lines - test them to see how humane they are, then adjust their notoriety/street cred accordingly. ;)
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

The Cat

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <11-09-10/0101:15> »
I once handed my runners a large shipment of fresh fruit, vegetables and meat. It's fun to see what they will do with something when the cargo itself has a "best if fenced by" date built in - in addition to it being worth some decent cred. Maybe something along those lines - test them to see how humane they are, then adjust their notoriety/street cred accordingly. ;)

I did something very similar with a group several years back.  They hijacked a truck thinking it contained some target deck components (3rd Edition).  Turned out it was loaded with fresh beef, the real stuff.  Rather than play "Robin Hood" or fence it, they "abandoned" the cargo inside the grounds of an enclave in the barrens they'd had an accidental firefight inside months before.  I was fondly surprised.