Shadowrun Play > Virtual Underworld 93

[OOC] Virtual Underworld 93 Planning Thread

<< < (25/27) > >>

Mirikon:
Even at the best of times, rival gangs aren't at peace, but simply sharing an armistice, one that can broken at any time. Same goes for Matrix gangs. Like Wyrm said, it can start as a hack-battle over designing the theme at Tux's for the night. Tux's is a virtual dance club where the guests rework the theme according to their whims, depending on who can control the host long enough. You have three hacker gangs present at the same time, trying to change the theme all at once, then things may very well get out of hand. Gang wars have started for less, especially when pride is on the line. And gang wars never blow over all at once. Definitely take a couple weeks or months to run through the bad blood, and come to a new status quo (or return to the old one). In the meantime, lot of people gonna get dumpshock, and remember that these hacker gangs often have other gangs they are affiliated with that help provide muscle in meatspace when they need it. If those affiliates happen to be rivals as well (or just plain crazy, like the Halloweeners) then you've got a recipe for a low-level gang war erupting across both Seattle and the Emerald City. Though the syndicates will probably 'encourage' them to settle things before it erupts into anything full-fledged or involving mass civilian casualties. Knight Errant was brought in just four years ago because the Tempo wars blew up big. They'll crack down hard, on everyone, if anything similar looks to be brewing, and the syndicates know it. Police crackdowns are bad for business, afterall.

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
Whaddaya mean, dumpshock??  Somebody starts screwing with my favorite 'trix, there's gonna be flatline tones goin' off all over the place.  ;)

SlowDeck:
Bah! I'll go ahead and screw with it right now!

Let's see... This isn't so hard to screw with! I have no idea what you mean wilnegghlkjgdl;jkf

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:P

Booze:

--- Quote from: Mirikon on ---Even at the best of times, rival gangs aren't at peace, but simply sharing an armistice, one that can broken at any time. Same goes for Matrix gangs. Like Wyrm said, it can start as a hack-battle over designing the theme at Tux's for the night. Tux's is a virtual dance club where the guests rework the theme according to their whims, depending on who can control the host long enough. You have three hacker gangs present at the same time, trying to change the theme all at once, then things may very well get out of hand. Gang wars have started for less, especially when pride is on the line. And gang wars never blow over all at once. Definitely take a couple weeks or months to run through the bad blood, and come to a new status quo (or return to the old one). In the meantime, lot of people gonna get dumpshock, and remember that these hacker gangs often have other gangs they are affiliated with that help provide muscle in meatspace when they need it. If those affiliates happen to be rivals as well (or just plain crazy, like the Halloweeners) then you've got a recipe for a low-level gang war erupting across both Seattle and the Emerald City. Though the syndicates will probably 'encourage' them to settle things before it erupts into anything full-fledged or involving mass civilian casualties. Knight Errant was brought in just four years ago because the Tempo wars blew up big. They'll crack down hard, on everyone, if anything similar looks to be brewing, and the syndicates know it. Police crackdowns are bad for business, afterall.

--- End quote ---

Tux is a great idea. And i know how to add some spice to it :>

SlowDeck:
Note: The PKE Meter is a Ghostbusters reference. SlowDeck is hoping no one catches it and realizes he's feeding a line of bulldrek about needing special equipment for this  ;)

Flip, that is of course if you're amenable to him getting involved. He's like me: a bit of a know-it-all jackass. I'd also need to know your plans for this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version