Shadowrun Play > Virtual Underworld 93

[OOC] A Street Legends for VU93 Posters?

<< < (5/36) > >>

Smiley:
Yeah, I think he was worried that if one of his character was getting written on here, that he was wavering his rights on that character.

CanRay:
VU93 is canon thanks to Missions.  Of course, considering who is in charge of them, that's hardly surprising, is it?

Bull:
Almost every official forum has something in them, somewhere, that says that anything posted on them becomes the property of so-and-so.  I don't see that particularly terminology anywhere in the TOS, but it may be buried somewhere else, dunno. 

Anyway, that legal speak is there generally to protect the companies ass.  If you write up "Night Steel the bad Ass Street Samurai" on the forums, and then a year or two later a character gets used in SR Fiction named Night Steel, that little legal notice basically means you can't sue them.  because things like names and concepts tend to come and go, and similarities are bound to crop up. 

CGL wouldn't condone lifting a character from the forums and using it without permission.  Same goes for story concepts or anything else.  But, in the case of similarities, they need to be legally covered.

And yes, VU93 is now canon :)  However, I haven't used any of the personalities from here.  Yet.  Maybe I'll do another review contest here in the near future, with prizes being a guest appearance in the fiction. :)

Bull

The Wyrm Ouroboros:
This answers my question.

In which case, yes, I'd be glad to write the character up.  I won't say by whom, though.  Muahahaha.

Smiley:
Alright, a small update for those who wants their characters written by someone else. That's the way I think it will  go smoothly, but since I made a point in involving as much people as possible, I'd like to have your input on this. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Also, going back in VU93 history, is there any character that should be there? Just so I can contact his owner about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version