NEWS

CDC Issues Zombie Attack Preparedness Advice - Seriously

• 45 Replies

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« on: <05-20-11/0915:07> »
Check this out - Personally, I would get guns.....lots of guns and don't forget the ammo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110518/us_ac/8495307_cdc_recommends_preparing_for_all_disasters__even_zombies

flatlyne2001

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-20-11/0929:10> »
I have a blacksmith friend who has been making lobos recently :)

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #2 on: <05-29-11/2308:06> »
bush hook.....check
machete.......check
shotguns.....check
pistol............check
ammo.........low but check
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <05-29-11/2316:35> »
I have an entrenching tool, and have found a hatchet that incorporates a box opener (Like the forked end of a crowbar) that I have my eye on.

Also have my eye on a tin pot at the local FLGS/Army Surplus Store.  (I kid you not, I buy RPG Stuff and Army Surplus at the same shop!  If they sold food, I'd never need to go anywhere else!).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #4 on: <05-30-11/0122:32> »
thats what MRE's are for canray
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <05-30-11/0752:14> »
That house is so awesome.  In game, my PCs have something similar in the ghoul part of town to ward them off at night.  It was a very fun game when they discovered it and finally figured out the panic button.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #7 on: <05-30-11/1130:59> »
I give to you:
www.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~rsmith/Zombies.pdf
Yes, it's a mathmatical calculation of the zombie apocalypse.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <05-30-11/1222:25> »
thats what MRE's are for canray
Next to impossible to get where I am for some reason.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-30-11/1233:44> »
And they literally are awful, with one or two exceptions.  There is a reason they all have a tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce in them.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #10 on: <06-02-11/0352:32> »
And they literally are awful, with one or two exceptions.  There is a reason they all have a tiny bottle of Tabasco sauce in them.
LOL. The only reason you think that is because you haven't eaten enough of them. Or you've never gone long enough without resupply that you know what starvation feels like. (when you resort to eating local food in a combat zone because that's all there is, you understand quickly how good an MRE can taste.)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-02-11/0600:31> »
http://www.news.com.au/technology/a-zombie-proof-house-thats-using-the-old-noodle/story-e6frfro0-1226055251261

http://www.zombieresearch.org/awareness.html

???  ???

And then they say roleplayers are weird. OK, maybe we are, but still, we're not that weird ... OK, some of us are... shutting up now.

There are people out there with way too much free time on their hands.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <06-02-11/0859:23> »
LOL. The only reason you think that is because you haven't eaten enough of them. Or you've never gone long enough without resupply that you know what starvation feels like. (when you resort to eating local food in a combat zone because that's all there is, you understand quickly how good an MRE can taste.)

Hey I ate them when I had to, just like anyone would.  I don't see survival people going on about how good 8 inch grasshoppers taste but they do what they need to ;)

Granted, I was Air Force and didn't have to worry about being out in the field for long periods of time.  We send our officers to fight ;)  You grunts are awesome sauce though.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <06-02-11/1348:16> »
http://www.news.com.au/technology/a-zombie-proof-house-thats-using-the-old-noodle/story-e6frfro0-1226055251261

http://www.zombieresearch.org/awareness.html

???  ???

And then they say roleplayers are weird. OK, maybe we are, but still, we're not that weird ... OK, some of us are... shutting up now.

There are people out there with way too much free time on their hands.
When researching "World War Z", Max Brooks interviewed quite a few military officers, most of whom had "Zombie Contingency Plans" already in place.  This is because planning for every contingency is part of officer training, and something as off the wall as "OMG ZOMBIES!!!" encourages "Out Of The Box" thinking.  A number had even turned their plans in, citing the accuracy and inaccuracy of his previous book "The Zombie Survival Guide".

He even makes fun of some of the inaccuracies of TZSG in WWZ.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #14 on: <07-27-11/2045:07> »
Every single male over the age of 14 has unconsciously prepared themselves for a Zombie outbreak. Most without realizing it.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."