NEWS

[5e OOC] Black Trenchcoat

• 314 Replies

Jusenkyo

• Newb
« Reply #45 on: <06-26-18/0946:43> »
Derp forgot to check up for a little bit, The more I write Avalanche I'm hitting a little to much of the other side. Not that she's bad, she's pretty decent actually, just seems like she might be more suited to 'Pink Mohawk' cause being rather stealthy and such as a Troll is a bit out of the ordinary.

I'll still send her in in a bit, but I'll also build up a Summoner magic user type deal, I think it might do better cause I can envision a character that befits Grittier telling rather than a pre-thought Idea like I had for Avalanche. I'll have something together tomorrow-ish

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #46 on: <06-26-18/1057:09> »
Go ahead and send him in. I'll take a look. Does avalanche have something that would make him more distinguishable than any other troll?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #47 on: <06-26-18/1120:34> »
if you do a summoner make him a full caster, we need one in the party!

i'll send my build over shortly.

Derp forgot to check up for a little bit, The more I write Avalanche I'm hitting a little to much of the other side. Not that she's bad, she's pretty decent actually, just seems like she might be more suited to 'Pink Mohawk' cause being rather stealthy and such as a Troll is a bit out of the ordinary.

I'll still send her in in a bit, but I'll also build up a Summoner magic user type deal, I think it might do better cause I can envision a character that befits Grittier telling rather than a pre-thought Idea like I had for Avalanche. I'll have something together tomorrow-ish

adzling

« Reply #48 on: <06-26-18/1157:09> »
ok here's my elven adept doppleganger commanding voice pistol wielding juicer.

he uses chemicals to boost his attributes and provide initiative enhancement, narco to enhance the effects, then detox to cancel the side effects.

he's all about using Commanding Voice to temporarily disable opponents, high con, leadership and negotiation for social domination.

all the adept powers and high impersonation so he can be any person roughly his his size.

bilateral attention coprocessor and perfect time so he can fire both his twin light pistols with burst fire to put the hurt on the oppo if the shooting does start.

good sneaker too.

downsides: physically fragile and relies on drugs for combat edge.

he still needs a few odds and ends of equipment but is 99% there.

METATYPE: ELF
B 2, A 6, R 5, S 2, W 5, L 2, I 5, C 8, ESS 5, EDG 1, M 5
Condition Monitor (P/S): 9 / 11
Armor: 14
Limits: Physical 4, Mental 5, Social 10
Physical Initiative: 10+1D6
Active Skills: Con (Fast Talking +2) 6, Disguise 1, Impersonation (Voice +2) 6, Influence Group 5, Leadership (Command +2) 6, Negotiation (Bargaining +2) 6, Perception (Visual +2) 1, Pistols (Semi-Automatics +2) 6, Sneaking (Urban +2) 6, Spellcasting 1
Knowledge Skills: Old flatvid action movies 1, Small Unit Tactics (Urban +2) 6
Languages: English N, Japanese (Speak +2) 3, Russian (Speak +2) 3, Sperethiel (Speak +2) 3
Metatype Abilities: Enhanced Senses: Low-Light Vision
Qualities: Adept, Blandness, Faceless, In Debt (Borrowed 70,000¥, Owes 105,000¥) (14), Linguist, Mentor Spirit: Raven, Perfect Time, Prejudiced (Biased): dwarf, Too Pretty to Hit
Spells: Detox
Adept Powers: Adept Spell, Authoritative Tone (1), Body Sculpt (5 hours) (12dicepool), Combat Sense (1), Commanding Voice (19dicepool vs.  Willpower + Intuition), Facial Sculpt (5 hours) (1) (7dicepool), Melanin Control (6h), Traceless Walk, Ventriloquism (5m), Voice Control (1) (15dicepool[5] vs. Voice rec. x 2 or PER + INT)
Augmentations:
   Bilateral Coordination Co-processor
   Narco
   Nephritic Screen (Used) (6)
   Skin Pocket (Used)
   Tetrachromatic Vision
Gear:
   Armor Jacket
   Ballistic Mask (Customized)
   Ban Dolo w/ Fake SIN (4), (1 month) Low Lifestyle
   Black Panther
   Cram
   Erika Elite
   Hidden Gun Arm Slide
   Jazz
   Kamikaze
   Novacoke
   Portable Chemical Injector, Wrist
   Psyche
   Reloading Slide
   Smart Wig (w/ Trode Net) w/ Trodes
   Tool Kit, Disguise
   Warrior w/ Shock & Awe (2)
Weapons:
   Fichetti Executive Action [Light Pistol, Acc 6, DV 7S, AP +1, SA/BF, RC 3, 18 (c)] w/ Gas-Vent System (3), (10x) Gel Rounds, Smartgun System, External
   Fichetti Executive Action [Light Pistol, Acc 6, DV 7P, AP –, SA/BF, 18 (c)]
Starting ¥: 3D6 × 60¥
Ammunition & Resources:
   Fichetti Executive Action - Gel Rounds x10
   Fichetti Executive Action - unloaded
   Edge Pool - 0/1
« Last Edit: <06-26-18/1209:25> by adzling »

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #49 on: <06-26-18/1220:15> »
looks good.

Just an FYI to all players I use a D6 for how many weeks before the next job falls on your laps and pay slightly above average. So we will not know how long it will take to get to the next payday so rent and paybacks are up in the air, which to me feels pretty realistic. Jobs are payed on a team bases not a player basis so you can stay in the van if you feel you need to. This also feels more realistic to me. The Johnson only cares that the job gets done not the number of people it takes to do it. You can hire contacts to help if you need them but they will expect to be payed appropriately. I will be putting the IC room together and starting the cut scene for the first mission hopefully by this Friday so we can start drawing players in one at a time from there.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #50 on: <06-26-18/1227:29> »
how do you feel about my in debt quality?

i had to take it to make the build work financially but it does mean he must pay $7,000 a month in interest + he owes them $105,000. Once he pays them back he has to spend 14 karma to buy of the quality.

thats a large cross to bear.

to make it work he would have to bring in about $20,000 per month ($2k for low lifestyle, $7k for interest and $10k to pay down the principle).
at that rate it would take him @10 months to pay off the debt.

does that sound ok for your type of payouts/ campaigns?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #51 on: <06-26-18/1234:40> »
it should be fine, but depending on the roll you may have to watch your money for repayments carefully. Who do you owe money too?

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #52 on: <06-26-18/1236:28> »
im open to adjusting it to suit the campaign's storyline.

he used the money to get his 'ware for managing drugs so it could be a corp or a crime syndicate (yak or triad more likely than mafia imho).

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #53 on: <06-26-18/1242:52> »
K, Lets go with Yakuza. If I remember correctly Hanzo Shotozumi is still the Oyaban of the Seattle yakuza.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

adzling

« Reply #54 on: <06-26-18/1301:45> »
ok then ill buff out his contacts appropriately.

adzling

« Reply #55 on: <06-26-18/1345:55> »
one more thing: i'd like to petition to add a piece of custom gear that we added to our campaign (np if you don't permit it)-

Kata Slides
A sort of hybrid between the reloading rail and the hidden arm slide, this device straps to the forearm and with a gesture or wireless signal releases the pistol right into the wearer's hand or will insert a clip into an empty clip-fed pistol. This takes a free action.

This device is particularly popular with practitioners of Guna Kata. It is compatible with all light pistols (or smaller) that use the Pistol skill and do not have an Extended Clip (see sidebar on p. 180). A version of this device is available as a cyberarm accessory.

Each pair of Kata Slides can hold two light pistols and two ammo clips and provides +1 armor.

$1000 Nuyen​

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #56 on: <06-26-18/1554:27> »
Basically a better version of the hidden arm slide? This one allows you to re-load faster as well and adds some armor.

I could see this. I would keep the rules the same as the hidden arm slide or cybergun slide but add the re-loading capability to it. and ability to hold a spare clip. Add to the wireless bonus that inserting a clip becomes a free action. cost is appropriate and this would be incompatible with fore arm guards or other arm armor and such. so:

Kata Slide - +1 Armor - Avail 6R - 500 Nuyen:
Kata slides are dermaplast (or, rarely, metallic) bracer fitted to a wearer's forearm and worn under clothing, they can be used to block melee attacks, especially blades, turning blows away without actually cutting into you similarly to a Forearm Guard but with a built in reloading rail and gun slide. This device is particularly popular with practitioners of Gun Kata. The slide can accommodate a pistol-sized weapon and a spare clip or a single object no larger than a speed loader. It can fit a hold-out, light pistol, or taser. With a hand gesture or wireless trigger, the slide releases the weapon/object right into your hand or inserts a clip into a empty ready weapon. If you quick draw the weapon in this slide, the threshold for the quick draw is 2. It also gives the weapon a –1 Concealability modifier.
Wireless: You can ready the weapon/Object or insert a clip from the slide as a Free Action.

For the cyber version keep capacity the same add the re-load as a free action to the main part of the augmentations and up the cost for the modification to 6,500, so:

CyberKata Slide - Capacity 4 - Avail 12R - 6,500 Nuyen
An integral version of the Kata slide, the cyberkata slide hides a hold-out, taser, or light pistol and a spare clip or object no larger than a speed loader inside your cyberarm, concealing it from normal vision. As a Free Action, you can ready the weapon/object or insert a clip into a empty ready weapon form the slide.

Would this be OK?
« Last Edit: <06-26-18/1619:16> by Redwulfe »

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

blackshade10

• Newb
  • Elfie Technomancer
« Reply #57 on: <06-26-18/1613:21> »
Something about these seems really familiar.  I dunno why, but I keep getting this feeling that these are somewhere in the books, or something similar.

Eh, oh well.

adzling

« Reply #58 on: <06-26-18/1621:41> »
Sounds fine redwulfe.

Yeah your right Blackshade this is a combo of the hidden arm slide, reloading slide and forearm guards.

We also built a combo briefcase gun with the briefcase shield with the case opening into a smart folding ballistic shield for our campaign. Wanna see?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #59 on: <06-26-18/1623:02> »
I modified the description for forearm guards and hidden arm slide for the Kata slide and the Cyberarm slide for the cyberkata slide. I only changed a bit of the text and added wording from the original proposal so as to keep it in the flavor of the rulebook. It is a blatant copy and I only added the parts to the original text that was needed to make the blend. It is not intended to be passed off as my own work. I should have gave credit to the original authors as not to confuse.

You probably are picking up on the similar wording.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking