NEWS

Bliss, Blessings and a Piece of Hell [OOC]

• 181 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <09-24-15/1416:17> »
Don't worry, Cinder has some pretty bad debt, so he can use the payday.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <09-24-15/1746:05> »
Look like we're all tight for money so no problem there... none of has can negotiate either so we're just taking what's offered.
« Last Edit: <09-24-15/1749:17> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <09-25-15/0505:58> »
I basically agree with Luckace. Since you're Nepalis or live in Nepal, you are so used to people being late. And since you're shadowrunners / a low-rank cop you should also be used to bad-mannered people. I don't think IC it would be a big deal to any of you. CInder might be pissed by the way she treated the waitress, but I guess the shadowrunners have seen worse. Much worse. And done worse. Much worse. ;)

I try to create a bit of a Kathmandu downtown ambience, and I picture people in this milieu are generally neither polite nor kind-hearted nor any of most things we estimate in educated, sociable beings in the Western world 2015.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <09-25-15/0550:20> »
Okay please clearify this things because i seemed to have made quite a lot of fuss about it due to character knowledge.

Do you guys mind going independent ? While Mark has little negotiation, he'll have to get very creative to make it work the long duration of the mission and the fact that it may fail leave him with very little room for negotiation. I have some initial ideas, since Mark has security drones a high end RCC and other expensive equipment he can perhaps be hired as a security for the establishment. With Scarcraw as a physical muscle, Mark covering astral, physical and matrix and Cinder as a 'police' connection to keep from troubles the three can make a believable offer to protect the project. Perhaps get some money, but we'll need a side gig if Mark wants to survive for the longer term.

He is a reasonable hacker but I am not sure if he qualify as a decker. He has an RCC and while sleaze/ DP actions are covered good I have never tried not having a deck so I do not know how much we can count on successfully completing the main objective and getting paid.  I'll have to browse the matrix rules and see what he is missing from having a very low attack attribute.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <09-25-15/0556:05> »
I'm actually on board either way. For me a bit of posturing is just part of the whole negotiation process.  ;) 8)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-25-15/0606:12> »
Well after being doubled like Mark said it is impossible to refuse. We have a pickup truck for kiddnapping. Not ideal but we should be able to move people in the back.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-25-15/0608:19> »
Never negotiate against yourself. She doesn't need to know that. I'm pretty sure that the head researcher is what they are most interested in anyway. ;)
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <09-25-15/0620:28> »
No I agree, just some OOC logistics.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <09-25-15/0905:14> »
@All the Gopher has 3 passenger seats. But it is a pickup truck. So that all the storage space is in an open box on the back. There are no actual seats but one perhaps can seat on the floor of the box. I'll ask Volker because I do not see any clear definition in the rules, but anyhow the drones an go on their own also. if we lack room.
« Last Edit: <09-25-15/0906:50> by gilga »

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-28-15/1127:00> »
Can we hop right into the meeting if there is nothing to be done before that?
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <09-29-15/0926:22> »
Yeah, sure, I thought that's what you were going to do anyway
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <09-30-15/0345:27> »
@gilga

One is serious here. Not bad.
Yeah, you can definitely make sure no one is spotting you. You're basically invisible, dude.

@Riker

Lucky roll: 12d6t5 5
The lucky roll indeed grants you "an apartment with a view on the temple through [your] employer", at least, if you have augmentation to cover distance. You cannot see, however, the place in front of the temple.
And you'll have to go through some paperwork to declare why you need the appartment.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <10-28-15/0723:15> »
Hey, gilga :-)

Apparently you read Data Trails more carefully than I did. Since I play a decker as well, would you please answer some questions?

How do you get noise reduction through empty slots?
What is RCC?
Why do trodes deliver noise reduction?

What do you mean by DP?

So, here are my counterrolls:
Counter-rolls: 3#11d6t5 2 4 5

You win each roll. I'm impressed how much you get out of a commlink with a Stealth 2 dongle...
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <10-28-15/0747:30> »
RCC is a rigger command council it provide noise reduction and originally intended for drones. It can run programs like a deck would as well as autosofts for drones. Each slot you keep free provides noise reduction.

The Vulcan is the best RCC under normal availability (costs 70-80k) has room for 5 programs.
Therefore for sleaze action I use 2 base sleaze + stealth(?) that gives +2 limit for hack on the fly + the best program from data trails smoke and mirrors that gives from +1 to +5 sleaze with the same amount of noise.

So the base limit is 2 +2 + X (in my case X=3 ) so I am creating 3 noise, but the vectored signal processor reduce noise (-2) and signal scrub (-2) and if I use virtual machine I only need 2 program slots so I get -3. In the meanwhile throdes give -1 noise  as they give DNI. (Implemented datajack gives -2 I think).  I am not 100% sure on the throes tough I'll check in the book.

Smoke and mirrors works very well with RCC as one creates noise and the other is designed to negate noise. Basically allow you to do a decker/rigger for lower cost as long as you do not really use attack. I sure miss my data spikes.

UPDATED: Datajack gives 1 noise reduction (not 2) and trodes give nothing (not 1) so the noise reduction is one less than I thought.
« Last Edit: <10-28-15/0758:05> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-04-15/1632:41> »
@gilga
I haven't got a clue how you managed to pull this off, but your char is really extremely powerful. Chapeau!
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"