NEWS

Attitude Armor

• 7 Replies

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« on: <07-22-11/2142:09> »

I can't be reading pg 160 / 173 of Attitude correctly.

+3/+1 to normal clothing for 400¥?

That is...well...either I am reading that wrong or my character is getting Delta-Amyloid in all his pajamas.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #1 on: <07-22-11/2147:25> »
It looks to me like Delta-Amyloid is only available for those two specific gear items, not the entire class of clothing and armored clothing.  Wonky syntax, but that's how I'd rule RAI barring word from the powers that be.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-11/2222:46> »
It looks to me like Delta-Amyloid is only available for those two specific gear items, not the entire class of clothing and armored clothing.  Wonky syntax, but that's how I'd rule RAI barring word from the powers that be.

Not sure what you mean by class? :-\

It can be applied to Armored Clothing (SR4A 326) or regular clothing...which is pretty much anything that isn't armor.

And the notation implies that it would stack.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

[EDIT: Stupid auto-correct spelunking errors]
« Last Edit: <07-22-11/2233:54> by JoeNapalm »

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-22-11/2229:23> »
By class I mean that there is an item with the unique designator "Armor Clothing' [4/0, 500 ny, p 327 SR4A] and not the ambiguous, all inclusive category of armored clothing from Arsenal p.45, just as it would not apply to the armor types of chameleon suits, actioneer business clothes, lined coat, and all the other armors that are similar to clothing but are not the gear item uniquely designated as Armor Clothing.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #4 on: <07-22-11/2239:29> »

Ah. Then we're on the same sheet of music - I can only be allied to one specific armor item...but basically ANY non-armor clothing.

Now, I wouldn't allow anyone to stack it on multiple "regular clothing" items - ie, "Hey, I added it to my jeans AND my jacket, so I get +6/+2!" - though I'm sure someone, somewhere has tried.  ::)

But +3/+1 for 400¥ does seem almost out of whack when Gel Packs are +1/+1 and cost 1500¥ and are Restricted.

But I guess it wouldn't be too far out of line with PPP components, or even just the standard helmet.

Hrm. Wanna buy a lightly used Trauma Patch? Just 400¥!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Onion Man

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-22-11/2244:17> »
I run a pretty "pink mohawk" game.  While I might read it to say that you can only apply it to the specific gear items, I'd let it slide on anything that resembles clothing more than armor for sake of a fun, fast paced game.

I don't think I'd let it go as one on the shirt and one on the suitcoat and one on the trousers, but once for a line of clothes, sure.  Might as well softweave it too if you can get away with it, and of course add your FFBA and as much PPP gear as you can cheese your way into.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #6 on: <07-23-11/1646:37> »

Indeed - further reading indicates that the various component lines in Arsenal are classified as Armored Clothing.

Which is probably what you were talking about, to begin with.  ::)

Ah well...I catch up, eventually.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #7 on: <07-23-11/1658:39> »
I'm going to have to re-read that section of Attitude.  The crunch in that book seemed kind of, unfinished perhaps?  Confused me in parts, that's for sure.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11