NEWS

FAQs on Crossfire page

• 26 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <09-17-14/2327:56> »
Some FAQs have been added to the Shadowrun: Crossfire page; keep an eye on that page, as it will be updated as needed.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #1 on: <09-18-14/0001:29> »
That will be really useful. Thank you !  :)

Bagpuss

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-03-14/0455:53> »
Your website is a complete mess. How exactly are you meant to find the FAQ if you don't happen to come to the forums.

Go to http://www.shadowrun.com/ and there is no mention of Crossfire at all. There is a link to Shadowrun Tabletop, but that takes you to http://www.shadowrun.com/shadowrun-tabletop/ where again there is no mention of Crossfire at all.

Go to http://www.catalystgamelabs.com/ and the only mention of Crossfire is the rotating banner, that takes you to the shop to buy it but nothing else, and if you miss that banner you have to wait through seven others for it to come up again. There is a Shadowrun link at the top but the page it takes you too is very dull, but at last if you scroll through the block of text right near the bottom is a link saying Getting Started page which at last takes you to the http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/ site!

Only again there is very little mention of Crossfire. There is a title at the top, but it looks like a title not a link. It looks like we have come to the Shadowrun Crossfire page only to have no information about the game.

The Shadowrun Tabletop graphic at the left looks like a link but is actually just an image. The only mention of Crossfire is under the Blog tab. The FAQ link, you think at last the FAQ about Crossfire, only it isn't it's about 5th Edition and is in fact still only coming soon.

Oh it turns out that page title header isn't a title it's a link to the Crossfire page which includes the FAQ.

There is no sense of structure about your website at all, it's a wonder anyone can find anything.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <10-05-14/1921:38> »
The biggest problem is that shadowrun.com is not CGL's site, it's run by the company doing Shadowrun Online, the MMOish game.

However, shadowruntabletop.com (Which is CGL's site) is also a bit of a mess, but that's a whole pile of other issues, mainly a manpower issue.

Bagpuss

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-08-14/0432:38> »
Ah okay well I'll forgive them the shadowrun.com stuff then.

One question I've not seen answered in the FAQ, if I play a card like, Press the Advantage that say reveal cards from the top of your deck and I don't have any cards in my deck but a full discard pile do I shuffle my discards to make a deck and then reveal cards from it or do I not have any cards to reveal?

I know that if I am made to draw cards from my deck, and I don't have a deck, I should shuffle, the discards to make a deck so Clairvoyance can always draw a card (unless all your cards are already in your hand), but reveal doesn't mean draw, so should you shuffle then?

What if your deck only has 1 card in it (but your discard has several), and you play Press the Advantage, do you only get the one card? In the same situation will Deathtouch only reveal that one card, or do you shuffle the discard to reveal the second and third card?

The reason I ask is we came across a Crossfire card that made us discard cards from the top of our deck (more if the crossfire level was higher), and if you could just shuffle when asked to reveal it didn't seem like much of a penalty in fact it is a bonus as there are lots of cards that let you access cards in your discard.
« Last Edit: <10-08-14/0444:51> by Bagpuss »

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-08-14/0816:15> »
Reading the second question of the FAQ, I would say, in your situation, that you shuffle your discard (if your deck is empty) and revealed the remaining cards you need to resolve the ability.

The question in the FAQ is about empty deck and empty discard, so implicitely it means you shuffle the discard in the situation you described for Press the Advantage (I do so also for Deathtouch).  I regard "draw" and "reveal" as the same effects but with the difference that "draw" means to automatically add the card to your hand ("reveal" means that other actions on the revealed cards will occur, which might or might not lead to be included in your hand).

Not an english speaker here and on iphone, sorry for weird sentences and syntax. :)

SevenSpirits

• Newb
  • Crossfire Co-Designer
« Reply #6 on: <10-08-14/0819:33> »
Rules page 18 answers your question too:

In addition, if you are told to do something like reveal cards
from the top of your deck, and you don’t have enough cards in
your deck, do as many as you can, and then reshuffle your discard
into a new deck and continuing following the instructions until
you have completed them. If you run out of cards in your deck and
don’t have a discard pile, stop drawing cards or doing whatever
actions that require you to have more cards in your deck.

Geeborg

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <10-17-14/1351:18> »
We added a FAQ item:

Q: What number is Karma scaling based on? Is it total earned Karma, or Karma I’ve spent on upgrades and unlocking slots? The rules say it’s based off of total Karma, but the tables on the missions say “Karma in Upgrades”. Which is it?
A: It is based off of total earned Karma. For example, if your character has earned 15 Karma, 5 of which has been spent on an upgrade and 10 of which is still unused, you nevertheless take the Karma penalty based on having earned 15 Karma. The “Karma in Upgrades” heading is incorrect.

Jay Schneider
Design Producer
Shadowrun: Crossfire

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <12-27-14/2242:25> »
Any one else notice the Crossfire logo and link are no longer in the header of the main page?

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <12-28-14/0029:48> »
Any one else notice the Crossfire logo and link are no longer in the header of the main page?

Yeah, I do not see any link on the website.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <12-29-14/1134:06> »

There are a number of pages that people have called "the main page". Can you post the URL for the page you're talking about?
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <12-29-14/1550:16> »

There are a number of pages that people have called "the main page". Can you post the URL for the page you're talking about?

Maybe I am too tired after too many holidays family parties, but I cannot find any link to the Crossfire FAQ on any page of the site http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/  .

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <12-29-14/1643:58> »

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com. The crossfire logo was in the header and was a link to the FAQ but it seams to have gone MIA. A direct link to http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/shadowrun-crossfire-game/ still works but, as stated above, I don't sea link to that page from any of the drop down menus.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <12-29-14/1734:56> »
http://www.shadowruntabletop.com. The crossfire logo was in the header and was a link to the FAQ but it seams to have gone MIA. A direct link to http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/shadowrun-crossfire-game/ still works but, as stated above, I don't sea link to that page from any of the drop down menus.

Thanks, I'm having it checked.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <12-29-14/2253:41> »
Appreciated Peter, Thank you.