NEWS

How smart would the kids be

• 20 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #15 on: <05-27-18/1147:59> »
Why are you supporting discussing illegal sexual acts on a forum where children are allowed to participate?

The only one discussing Illegal sex acts is you ShadowcatX. No one else addressed it from that point of view, and you're still just making it worse. Get over your issues and move on man.
« Last Edit: <05-27-18/1149:45> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-27-18/1351:22> »
Well that comes back to what Overbyte said does it give you the body or the appearance. Most people I think are like you and go with appearance only. Me I treat it as a full physical change. Because to me it seems simpler for the spell to alter your DNA than to keep that the same but give you hollow bones (bird), ability to extract oxygen from water (fish), change your skin colour (chameleon) or dozens of other animal abilities (scent, venom, heat sensative tongue, etc).

I actually think that all those "extras" are just done with magic, like pixies flying.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-27-18/1548:27> »
ShadowcatX - please do not post in this thread again. If you have issues with a post, please flag it for the moderators to review.

SR Mod

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-27-18/1702:18> »
Well that comes back to what Overbyte said does it give you the body or the appearance. Most people I think are like you and go with appearance only. Me I treat it as a full physical change. Because to me it seems simpler for the spell to alter your DNA than to keep that the same but give you hollow bones (bird), ability to extract oxygen from water (fish), change your skin colour (chameleon) or dozens of other animal abilities (scent, venom, heat sensative tongue, etc).

I actually think that all those "extras" are just done with magic, like pixies flying.

Technically speaking the whole things done with magic :) still this is comes into the question of whether a shapechange spell allows sense magic checks as it's a sustained spell and in your application it's also actively allowing flight or other animal abilities. Which is part of why I like the full physical change it reduces the active magic for someone to pick up and if you stay that way long enough you'll even start to smell like an animal rather than a human. Not sure how long exactly that takes but I recall one show with coloured golf balls demonstrating a dog's scent where they went from vivid red where the guy was standing to white in the distance.

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <05-27-18/2220:09> »
It is your body you change not your DNA, why? Because of two things in the spell description. You retain human consciousness, which you would not if your DNA changed because that would change your brain as well. Two, there's a restriction on what you can change into that is body +/-2, which to me clearly suggests that it is a bodily change not a genetic change, since such a restriction would be meaningless if your DNA changed, simply put if you have the dna of a gnat you're a gnat,  if you have the dna of an elephant you're an elephant.

Therefore I still say you need magic that breaks the rules, hence the need for powerful artifacts, mentor spirits or some such. But it's your game of course, so your rules.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #20 on: <05-28-18/1756:42> »
I’d say that no, the basic spell would not allow you to break the barriers of the species between metahumanity and beasts
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?