NEWS

Data Trails Errata

• 44 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« on: <05-27-15/2256:32> »
Well getting this started here quickly. There's one I've noticed already,

Misread Marks
Duration is Permanent however it says it lasts a certain period of time. As far As I know there is nothing out there that is permanent but temporary in this sort of fashion. I believe the complex form is actually suppose to be Duration Instant, similar to a number of other effects (Such as Derezz, Transcend Grid) that have a specific duration.

Derezz
Perhaps not an error, but as written it states it does 1 box of matrix damage per net hit, similar to Resonance spike, but for the cost of 2 fade the one point of firewall loss is pretty weak. Perhaps it was suppose to do 1 box of matrix damage and one point of firewall loss per net hit.

MMRI: This is just a reprint of MoM with some added clarification to exclude the datajack and datacable. One other other should obliviously be something else, like how Authoritative Command was printed twice, with different rules, and slightly similar effects.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #1 on: <05-27-15/2327:46> »
I'll just copy mine over from the other thread...

(p. 180) Illegal Actions on p. 180 states failed Attack actions now alert the owner of the target icon. Only failed Sleaze actions explicitly caused this alert in the past.

(p. 182) The final game information box of the cybercombat scenario has a few issues.

1) The security spider uses Edge for Second Chance. It notes that he gets seven successes, but Second Chance doesn't act as a limit breaker. With his Attack attribute of 4, he would have been limited to 4 successes.

2) In that same paragraph, it appears Haywire only resists the spider's Data Spike with the initial opposed test, but doesn't roll the Matrix Damage resistance. I'm not 100% sure on that since it states she resists with Willpower, but that isn't used for any part of the Data Spike test, either the opposed test or the matrix damage test (It would be used to resist Biofeedback damage, but that doesn't come up). I think Armor and Shell are only applicable to the Matrix Damage resistance test in this scenario, so maybe that's what she rolled?

3) I also think Haywire is doing too much damage in the final paragraph. Her Attack attribute is 5, she has a MARK on the spider (+2), and three net hits (+3) for a total DV of 10. While she was running Hammer and Decryption at one point in time, she had Configured her deck for defense before she made the final attack.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-02-15/1613:06> »
p. 178: Under Simple Matrix Actions, both Matrix Perception and Matrix Search list the limit for their respective tests as [Device Rating] instead of [Data Processing].
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-05-15/0212:31> »
I wonder if simple matrix actions means the things.. are simple actions. Or just actions that are easy to use (But are still complex actions.)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #4 on: <06-05-15/0310:27> »
In the advanced programs, ones based off of autosofts (Abduction, Spotter, WTLM) have the limitation "The [base program] rating must be at least as high as the AI's Depth". This means that an AI with a Depth of 7 (obtainable with Exceptional Entity) or more can no longer use these Advanced programs since the maximum program rating is 6. Is this the intent?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-05-15/0754:15> »
I wonder if simple matrix actions means the things.. are simple actions. Or just actions that are easy to use (But are still complex actions.)
In the context of the heading and text, I think it is supposed to be "non-game-term simple" rather than Simple Action vs. Complex Action. It's almost like an update to the Matrix Actions for the Non-Hacker sidebar from the core book.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #6 on: <06-05-15/1049:32> »
I've got one.

Page 116, under the header Hitchhiker Damage the book makes reference to an echo called "Resonance Hitchhiker", supposedly on page 258 of SR5.

EDIT:  I realize this must mean "Resonance [Program]" taken for Hitchiker.  This is pretty unclear...

Also, minor grammatical error:  Page 117, Minor and Severe Variances; "When you make a minor variance, the Foundation makes a Variance Test.  The threshold for a Variance Test is always 4.  On a minor variance, the dice pool is only the host's Firewall rating.  On a severe variance, the dice pool is Rating + Firewall."  This section should instead begin with "When you make a variance,"

Also, they don't explain how often you would do such a roll.  I ask because, many of the examples of variances are not doing a thing.  Would you simply get one roll when you first entered (or when you stopped doing a thing)?  Would it be every combat turn?  Every pass or action you take that isn't that thing?  For these variances, imagine the book's example of "a dark plain where everyone is bleeding" and assume the players, for whatever reason, are not catching on that they need to look like they are bleeding constantly.  How often would this trigger a Variance Test?
« Last Edit: <06-05-15/1135:39> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <06-07-15/0829:35> »
Program Cat's Paw (pg 56) replaces Data Spike damage with a dice pool modifier. Program Tantrum (pg 57) replaces they damage with a Nausea effect. If both are on your deck, can they be stacked?

Recovering a file (pg 56 under Shredder) is unusual in having a non Matrix Attribute as it's limit. Computer + Logic [Data Processing] would fit the pattern better.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-07-15/2200:34> »
So found this..

Chatty is located under AI qualities, though it seems to be more than just AI. Particularly because it talks about communicating via AR and VR through anonymity. Its also the only quality in there that makes no mention of "The AI."

MisterNix

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <06-22-15/0935:34> »
One potential errata on commlink dongles -

There's a 2 next to the rating in the price.  This feels like to me it was either a) an accidental inclusion or b) meant to be a square.

Accidental Inclusion or Deliberate Multiplication
I don't feel this would be it, as it would simply be Rating x 3000 or Rating x 6000, depending.  If this is the case, the price seems a touch low - a renraku sensei could be modified to have a sleaze of 1 and an attack of 4 for about 14k - all inclusive.  Compared to a Microdeck Summit, that's a steal.

Square
This is the one I feel that it should be. That same rating 4 Sleaze dongle would be 48k.  Added to the cost of the Sensei in the example above, that comes to about 50k, inclusive.  That's 8k off a deck you can't reconfigure or run a lot of programs on.  Much more reasonable and in balance imho. 

Top Dog

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-22-15/0947:51> »
It's been confirmed by people with connections that it's supposed to be R^2.

(not sure on how official that is as of now, but at least intent is clear).

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-28-15/1844:20> »
MMRI: this also has...
This provides the same effects as a control rig (p. 452, SR5), without the free datajack and datacable.

Should be
This provides the same effects as a control rig (p. 452, SR5), without the free datajack and datacable cable.

yaminsoul

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <07-17-15/1346:26> »
In the story on page 87, second column, Zoe gets a mark on the door, and then tries to spoof command it open (twice). I assume, as is consistent with previous actions, she is actually trying to control device.

Can we get clarification whether program carrier works with a commlink? Right now it seems unclear.

Also, as an errata, can we fix smoke and mirrors, which is very overpowered with Chrome flesh antennas now?

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <07-20-15/1940:00> »
In the story on page 87, second column, Zoe gets a mark on the door, and then tries to spoof command it open (twice). I assume, as is consistent with previous actions, she is actually trying to control device.

You are correct, thanks for spotting that
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Ruffio

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <07-25-15/0920:17> »
In the advanced programs, ones based off of autosofts (Abduction, Spotter, WTLM) have the limitation "The [base program] rating must be at least as high as the AI's Depth". This means that an AI with a Depth of 7 (obtainable with Exceptional Entity) or more can no longer use these Advanced programs since the maximum program rating is 6. Is this the intent?

Since only AIs with Pilot Origins (which costs at least 8 Karma) are allowed to use autosofts, they cannot have Exceptional Entity at the same time without exceeding the 25 Karma limit for positive qualities.

Long story cut short: AIs with Exceptional Entity are not meant to use autosofts  ;D.