« Reply #1 on: <02-08-14/2132:49> »
Little disappointed that the type for Submersion wasn't fixed :(

Edit: I'm glad to have these, and don't want to seem ungrateful!  But... yeah
« Last Edit: <02-08-14/2141:12> by MisterNix »

MadBear

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-08-14/2146:02> »
Recoil wasn't really cleared up at all.
I mean, since firing a pistol only uses one of your Simple Actions, as long as you do something else, anything else, does that reset recoil? Does that also apply to Burst Fire? I can see recoil resetting on pistols unless you use a Complex Action to fire SA Burst, but what about BF weapons? You can fire a burst every Action Phase with no more recoil penalties? Does not work for me...
Unless I'm reading that wrong...
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
-Dr Suess

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <02-08-14/2257:45> »
Thanks for the heads-up Patrick...much appreciated!

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-08-14/2349:12> »
Recoil seems pretty cleared up to me: if you take a Simple Action that isn't shooting, or a Complex Action that isn't shooting, your recoil resets.

moonlightshadow13

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <02-08-14/2354:46> »
dwarf and trolls don't have a added gear cost to them?

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #6 on: <02-09-14/0018:50> »
They haven't for a long time. That was cleared up in the Hot Patch a few weeks after launch, I believe.

I'm also of the opinion that recoil was, indeed, clarified. The main question was whether you had to go an entire pass without firing or not. Now we know.

I'm pretty ecstatic that 1.5 editions later, Combat Sense becomes a Passive Detection spell.

You would think they would have fixed the obvious submersion cost problem, unless they really do intend for it to cost like 30 karma or whatever.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-09-14/0352:02> »
Yeah, the Recoil doesn't help.  Each Phase, you can take a Simple Action other than shooting, along with your Simple Action to shoot... So, essentially, an Ingram Smartgun only ever suffers 3 points of Recoil, which is always offset by the 2 RC, and 1 minimum from Strength, and 1 free when you start shooting.
Simple Action: Fire, Simple Action: Take Aim..  well, there's my simple action of not firing, so recoil resets.. since, each Action Phase, you can only attack once, each phase, you can aim, fire, and your aim action resets recoil?

Yeah, I think this goes against what Recoil is supposed to represent.
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <02-09-14/0633:17> »
Ares Alpha: 2 RC, +3 from owner with 4 Strength, +1 from Shockpad and bam, easily available 6-round FA burst every IP, no strings attached.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <02-09-14/0754:18> »
I do believe the issue people have here is not that they don't understand the clarified Recoil rules, it's that they don't like them.

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <02-09-14/0945:21> »
Ares Alpha: 2 RC, +3 from owner with 4 Strength, +1 from Shockpad and bam, easily available 6-round FA burst every IP, no strings attached.

Strength 4 would only add 2 points, but yea.  Seems its back to the days of 6 round bursts every pass.  Making Long Burst a simple action is a mistake now.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-09-14/0954:30> »

Strength 4 would only add 2 points, but yea.  Seems its back to the days of 6 round bursts every pass.  Making Long Burst a simple action is a mistake now.
He's including the one free point that everyone gets when they start firing. I agree with the Long Burst assessment.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #12 on: <02-09-14/1152:08> »
I do believe the issue people have here is not that they don't understand the clarified Recoil rules, it's that they don't like them.

Not really.  Players (and some GMs) will love this rule, mostly because they can now ignore it.

It seems strange that Catalyst went to all the trouble to add a rule (Progressive Recoil) just to neuter it with a single phrase change in errata.  There is no Progressive Recoil at all now, unless you're shooting 6 rounds on BF mode or 10 rounds FA (the stuff that takes a Complex Action).  Everything else is either a Simple Action (which leaves you a Simple Action to do something else) or Suppressive Fire (which ignores recoil anyway).

My main pain is the nerfing of pure Adepts, who can't have the Assensing skill (so the Astral Perception power is useless) or the Arcana skill (so they can't initiate).  (In the Missions campaign, these skills technically have to be removed/refunded for Adepts because there's no grandfathering.)  Also, the implicit confirmation that it takes 30 x grade Karma for a technomancer to submerge.  (Gee, I wonder why there are so few Matrix characters in the Missions campaign...)
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <02-09-14/1158:21> »
Load Magazine + Fire SA Shot + Fire SA Burst next pass = Progressive Recoil. It pretty much matches up with the SA example listed in the book.

As far as the magic thing, I do think they need additional errata identifying "magic-specific skills" as "Magic-Attribute linked skills" for clarity. If you refer (as the book instructs you) to the Magical Skills section in the Magic chapter, it explicitly lists only the skills in the Conjuring, Enchanting, and Sorcery skill groups as magical skills.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Pontoark

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <02-09-14/1239:45> »

Not really.  Players (and some GMs) will love this rule, mostly because they can now ignore it.

"A Complex Action is required for shooting weapons mounted on a vehicle in any firing mode" Page 183...

So.. Drones and vehicle can't ignore it at all.. because, you know... that makes sense somehow, I guess