NEWS

[5e OOC] Deep in the Shadows of Texas

• 673 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #15 on: <05-04-15/2237:38> »
All that sounds pretty good, Mr. GM dude.  I'll take a look at the info when able.

As for the in, yeah i'm sure we can work that out.  I did make a point to give my fixer contact a bit of a clandestine setup in mind, but that is just one route (I have a habit of making characters that can more or less be dropped into a setting and then contribute to the world building from there.  Ask poindexter, he knows how I am with tastefully pulling drek out my hoop :P

With that in mind...Character background is up! Anyone who feels like reading through it, if I left any holes or necessary details, please do not hesitate to inform me!  Other than that my only main objective now is illustration! ...by the 18th I hope I'll have something D:

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #16 on: <05-05-15/1038:26> »
Looks good, SgtBoomCloud. I'll take a deeper look when I get a chance.

@rednblack: What books are allowed? I may purchase a bit more equipment.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #17 on: <05-05-15/1128:20> »
Looks good, SgtBoomCloud. I'll take a deeper look when I get a chance.

@rednblack: What books are allowed? I may purchase a bit more equipment.

SR5, Run and Gun, Run Faster (though none of the funky metatypes, Gun H(e)aven 3, Street Grimoire, and others are subject to approval.  For example, Personalized Grip is fine, and if you can get me the specs, it's probably ok.

ETA: Jayde Moon will also be joining us.  I'll take today to look over char sheets, and hope to get the IC thread up shortly.
« Last Edit: <05-05-15/1139:07> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #18 on: <05-05-15/1316:35> »
Handle: La Sombra
Name: Gabriela Morales-Reyes
Race: Ork
(Priorities - A: Skills, B: Metatype, C: Attributes, D: Magic, E: Resources)

Attributes: (10 Karma Spent)
BODAGIREASTRWILLOGINTCHAMAGEssEDG
Composure: 9   Judge Intentions: 10   Lift: 7   Memory: 5
Initiative: 7 + 1d6
Limits: (M/P/S)   P 5   M 4   S 8
Monitor: P 10   S 10

Active Skills: (0 Karma Spent)
Automatics Machine Pistols 3, Con Fast Talk 6, Free Fall 2, Gymnastics 6, Hardware 2, Impersonation 3, Intimidation 2, Locksmith 5, Perception 3, Pilot Ground Wheeled 2, Throwing Weapons Non Aerodynamic 1, Unarmed Combat Aikido 6
5 Influence Group (Etiquette, Leadership, Negotiation)
5 Stealth Group (Disguise, Palming, Sneaking)

Knowledge Skills: (0 Karma Spent)
P: Aztechnology 2, P: Military 2, P: Security Protocols 2, P: Small Unit Tactics (Intuition) 4

Languages: (0 Karma Spent)
English (N), Spanish (N), Aztlaner Spanish Speaking (1)

Qualities: (-1 Karma Spent)
Bilingual (5), Exceptional Attribute: Charisma 14, Mentor Spirit: Raven; Did You Just Call Me Dumb?, Illness: Moderate - Weekly (Sickle Cell Anemia), SINner: CAS, Unsteady Hands

Contacts (C/L)
Det. Henry Stokes (5/2):
Kya Graves (3/4):
Tito "Bandito" Castillo (2/2):

Karma 0 / 0     Street Cred: 0     Notoriety: 0     Public Awareness: 0

Gear: (Current Nuyen: 210) (9 Karma Spent)
Antidote Patch 6, 2x Bliss, Catalyst Stick, Climbing Gear, Contacts 1 w/ Image Link, Data Tap, Ear Buds 1, Flashlight: Low-Light, Gecko Tape Gloves, 2x Jazz, Lockpick Set, Medkit 3, 100m Microwave, 50x Plastic Restraints, Rapelling Gloves, 10x Security Tags, 10x Sensor Tags, 100m Stealth Rope, 10x Stealth Tags, Stim Patch 6, Subvocal Microphone, Survival Kit, Trauma Patch

Matrix:
Metalink

Armor:
Chameleon Suit w/ Biomonitor, Fire Resistance 3, Flashlight: Low-Light, Nonconductivity 3
Ballistic Mask w/ Flare Compensation, Gas Mask, Image Link, Micro-Transceiver, Smartlink
Armor Jacket

Weapons:
Shock Glove: 8d [9] 8s(e) AP-5
Remington Suppressor: 8d [9] 5S(e) AP-5: 15 Cap + 21 Cap / 45 APDS
 - Flashlight: Low-Light, Suppressor, Personalized Grip, Internal Smartgun, Tracker, 5x Spare Clips, Concealable Holster
 - Capsule Rounds filled with DMSO Narcoject
Gas Grenades: 10m Radius, Motion Sensor; DMSO Narcoject

(Narcoject POWER 15, Effect Immediate: Stun)

Cyberware:
None

Magic:
Not Initiated; Mentor Spirit: Raven: +2 Con Tests, 9d vs 3 or Take Advantage of Bad Situation

Adept Powers:
Traceless Walk (Raven), Voice Control 1 (Raven), Attribute Boost: Agility 2 (.5), Attribute Boost: Strength 2 (.5), Combat Sense 4 (2), Cool Resolves 1 (1)

Concept:

Born as a human and raised in DFW in a large and poor hispanic family, Gabriella goblinized at 14 and was turned out of her home and finished growing up with Ork cousins.  When she came of age, she joined the CAS Military as the only option for a life.

There, her skills lead to being chosen for a special operations unit designed to act against unconventional threats, such as Shadowrunners or, more likely, Aztlan incursions along the Texas Border.  They worked closely with the Texas Rangers.  She served well and eventually reached the rank of Staff Sergeant.  An incident with a superior officer lead to her being turned out of the CAS Military with a General Discharge.

Returning home to DFW with a meager savings, she has tapped her contacts to find work, finally receiving a call to meet with someone called Mr. Johnson.

Appearance:

Gabriela is a dark skinned hispanic Ork.  She has a well rounded figure and lets her hair grow long.  She is about 5'9" and weighs about 162 pounds.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Thanks to obidancer for giving me permission to use his art for the PC :)
« Last Edit: <01-17-16/1412:19> by Jayde Moon »
That's just like... your opinion, man.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #19 on: <05-06-15/1412:29> »
IC thread is up: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=20706.0

@Jack, I made a lot of assumptions with Bug. 

@Jayde, can you post your char sheet in this thread?  It'll be easier for me to read things out if I'm posting from my phone, etc.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-06-15/1443:25> »
Oh Hell. Sorry, I thought we were starting on the 18th per your earlier thread. Not quite done with the character yet, but I think I can roll with it.

Props to you though, I basically had Bug as a virtual contact who Two-Timer has never met IRL. Datahaven/Matrix Fixer kind of guy. So, pretty spot on.

I'll work on the rest of my sheet tonight.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #21 on: <05-06-15/1500:06> »
Oh Hell. Sorry, I thought we were starting on the 18th per your earlier thread. Not quite done with the character yet, but I think I can roll with it.

Props to you though, I basically had Bug as a virtual contact who Two-Timer has never met IRL. Datahaven/Matrix Fixer kind of guy. So, pretty spot on.

I'll work on the rest of my sheet tonight.

Well, there I go jumping the gun. Totally forgotten I'd mentioned the 18th. If anyone wants to hold off for a bit, we can definitely do that.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-06-15/1506:10> »
Unless you plan on us getting shot at immediately, I figure we can still get the ball rolling. I mean, the 18th is almost two weeks away and I think most of us are probably close to ready to go. I don't see why we shoudn't start now, maybe with a caveat that we can make tweaks through the end of the day on Sunday?
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #23 on: <05-06-15/1512:39> »
@Jack, I'm fine with tweaking until Sunday. Anybody else have any reservations?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #24 on: <05-06-15/1735:44> »
No reservations here.  Also, to Jaydemoon: welcome!  Like the character :)

Ailing to have a IC post up when I get home from work so it isn't rushed.  I'll also cover starting nuyen roll at that time.  R&B, you have a preference on what we use to roll?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #25 on: <05-06-15/1748:03> »
I wanna make the first IC post a good one, y'know?

I wanna take some time and chill with it, take it to dinner and see how it feels a lil bit, y'know?

Gimme a couple days, and I'll get something going, eh?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #26 on: <05-06-15/1827:28> »
@Sgt, I use orokos. I like orokos, but my feelings won't be hurt if you want to roll with something else.

@Poindexter, sounds good to me.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #27 on: <05-06-15/2048:34> »
Orokos is fine with me (I can use it mobile, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna like it :P).

With that being said...

Starting nuyen: 3d6 7 x 60 = 420 nuyen plus remainder from CC. (total is 4,699)

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #28 on: <05-07-15/0144:05> »
Perception: Generally checking out the crowd, 3 successes.

Judge Intentions: Looking for troublemakers: 4 successes.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <05-07-15/1407:48> »
OK, I decided I'm just going to play Two-Timer as is. I know I can get better/additional armor and weapons, but I think I'm just going to stick to core. I think the last thing I need to do is flesh out my contacts. Should have that done tonight or tomorrow.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal