NEWS

You're stuck and cannot move.

• 9 Replies

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« on: <10-19-18/1858:45> »
Engulf says you're 'trapped and cannot move.' Subduing says you 'cannot take actions requiring physical movement.' So, I'm curious, what does that mean? My arms can't move, or just my feet? Can I use weapons? Can I punch? Can I throw when engulfed, clinched or subdued (not in superior position)?

This sounds like something that could come up pretty often, if you make frequent use of spirits and / or unarmed combat.
wdg

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-19-18/1914:08> »
Cannot move means you can't change your position. It's explicitly possible to escape engulf (provided you aren't fried by an elemental aura). Subduing is really not being able to move your arms and legs and head. The only thing you can do is try to escape (or use magic or matrix actions through DNI)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #2 on: <10-19-18/1928:09> »
Air engulf is ether overwhelming effective as it by pass armor, or utterly useless, b/c the target has an internal air tank.
So it's a lot like specialized attack and defenses from heroes system.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-19-18/2010:05> »

Thanks, that makes sense. Here's a follow-up. Can you throw someone who put you into a clinch / subdual?
wdg

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-18/2032:01> »
yes see run & gun
Thinking
com
speaking

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-19-18/2109:19> »
Okay, thanks, I just wasn't sure if the throw opportunity existed for both combatants.
wdg

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <10-19-18/2327:18> »
I' m sorry i miss read your post it does not.

The target must be successful at a reversal (RG 112), at which they could throw.

But it's mostly a question of action economy clinching is simple action throw is a simple action.
If you make a throw build, odds are you don't hold the target for enough time to allow a reversal attempted.
« Last Edit: <10-19-18/2332:41> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-21-18/1154:14> »
I' m sorry i miss read your post it does not.

The target must be successful at a reversal (RG 112), at which they could throw.

But it's mostly a question of action economy clinching is simple action throw is a simple action.
If you make a throw build, odds are you don't hold the target for enough time to allow a reversal attempted.

Wouldn't clinch be considered an attack and fall into the one attack per pass limit so its at least 2 passes?

adzling

« Reply #8 on: <10-21-18/1245:41> »
i think your right shinobi

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-21-18/1317:02> »
Wouldn't clinch be considered an attack and fall into the one attack per pass limit so its at least 2 passes?

Review R&G, the Clinch causes no damage, and thus is not an "attack" a throw can cause damage and so is an attack. 
But you can clinch and do other things, it's also important to keep in mind clinch is not the same thing as a sub-dual attack.

Thinking
com
speaking