NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #120 on: <10-04-10/1701:32> »
Could be.  But if playing Katamari means damning my soul, then to hell I go.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #121 on: <10-04-10/1712:26> »
Never understood the draw fo that game honestly. Wasn't Yrsthgrathe already killed?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #122 on: <10-04-10/1719:54> »
Katamari is like bizarre, acid-fueled crack.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #123 on: <10-04-10/1731:49> »
Guess it's one of those things I won't get. Kinda like Guitar Hero/Rockband. Now one game that's like crack to me is Pain. Slingshotting stereotypes into walls and such. Sign me up.

Anyway to get this somewhat on track. The Horror thread on Dumpshock is 50some pages, the Drop Bear thread is 112 pages. Who's the bigger threat?
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #124 on: <10-04-10/1753:55> »
I could easily make a thread about drop bears 100 pages long.  But 98 pages of that would be me making fun of them.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <10-05-10/0738:27> »
Guess it's one of those things I won't get. Kinda like Guitar Hero/Rockband. Now one game that's like crack to me is Pain. Slingshotting stereotypes into walls and such. Sign me up.

Anyway to get this somewhat on track. The Horror thread on Dumpshock is 50some pages, the Drop Bear thread is 112 pages. Who's the bigger threat?
Their advertising skills are unmatched.  The drop bears have a better PR department, mainly because they can't truly hurt anyone.  I've had, like, 4 drop bears hit me at the same time, and the worst I got from it was a laundry bill 'cause one of them was incontinent.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #126 on: <10-05-10/1336:52> »
 :D  They're almost as worthless as pandas.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #128 on: <10-05-10/1355:25> »
Phbbt.  Pandas.   ::)

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #129 on: <10-05-10/1408:42> »
:D  They're almost as worthless as pandas.
Careful, Monky. Pandas got friends

Yeah, but so do we.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #130 on: <10-10-10/1516:42> »
Do anyone have any idea what an Horror look like? What kind of power they have? What makes them different from other metaplanar beings like insect spirits and shedim? Are they all freaking powerhouse or some of them are weak? ???
I know I might get a few answer in the Ryan Mercury Trilogy novels, but I can't get a hold on any at the moment.  :(
Anyone wish to share his wisdom with me :'(

Hey if you are interested in getting the Ryan Mercury books and are in the United States.  Try doing an interlibrary loan through your local library.  I usually find that the fastest way to get hard to find novels.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #131 on: <11-15-10/1838:53> »
I've just gnawed my way through the thread. This will be a truly epic post. 8-th circle at the least. :P
I know some of this was already covered, but i wrote this on the fly.

Incidentally, baded upon my reading of the Dragonheart series, I think that Ryan Mercury actually killed Bone Crown during the attempted early invasion of the world.  The description is pretty close, but I could be wrong.
Nut, remember, that almost all of the Named Horrors are Dual-Natured. So if he did, he only killed his astral or physical form. Bone Crown will be back... :P

Insect Spirit are something like a lesser form of Horror. Yup, a lesser form. They are the harbinger of unspeakable things to come.
Nope. They are something else. An alien spirit form from the metaplanes. They're not counted among Horrors in ED, and i'd say that matters.

[quoteauthor=The_Gun_Nut]For those of you in the know, H is a swordmaster and wizard adept.  Most likely of 13th Circle or higher in each (most likely 15th in each).  This makes him one of the most powerful beings to walk the planet.  Even great dragons would hesitate to do direct battle with him.[/quote]
Not anymore. The Discipline Patterns unraveled with the magic's decline, and there was not enough time, magic, nor metahuman influence to create new ones... Which wouldn't be identical anyway. :P
But he's powerfull, old, wise, and tricky. I bet Vestrial loves him. ;P

In Street magic, some spirits clearly behave like horrors, feeding themselves with metahuman emotions.
They migh be corrupt. Or from the metaplanes. Anyway, they are evil. But still, they're not Horrors (and i bet they fear them as they should). It has been told, that Horrors come from the darkest corners of the astral space. I think it was even hinted they come from Beyond metaplanes...
Horrors are not spirits. Nor in clasificaction, neither in game mechanics.

Also, there seem to be named Yama Kings, or Horrors, working their powers in Kowloon Walled City.
Chih-Shiang: judge of souls, makes residents of Kowloon Walled City believe they are there for bad karma from past lives.
The Ebony Queen Lam Vy: teaches her followers to hide from the Yama Kings, until they hide so well they become roaches.
Fu Mang, the Serpent of the Setting Sun: Promises wealth to those who bring him 44 hearts of family and friends, removed when the victim is alive.
It is speculated that between 10-20 of these Yama Kings reside in Kowloon Walled City. All this info is from Runner Havens.
These are probably unique Free Spirits, or metaplanar entities (spirit-like, or spirits). Not Horrors. They are not evil enough. If they'd be Horrors, there would be no Walled City, only a corrupted ruin plagued by Horror constructs...

Well... the Passions actively fought the Horrors during the last Scourge (some went mad over that, some died...), but if they are around this time to help metahumanity again is unknown.
Not Horrors, but 'Ristul' - the embodiment of corruption itself (as it's not really a Horror, it's something more, and worse). It's even worse than Horrors, as it has no stats in the book - only avatars and constructs. And those are badass, even for ED standards...

There are also "Fruits of the Horrors" scattered about.  These are pieces of major Horrors (god-like in power, comparable to great dragons or even stronger) that were slain by the Passions and their followers.  Eating one of those...well, do I need to go into details?  The problem is that the two "Fruits" look exactly alike.  Good luck with that...
Use Astral Sense. If it's corrupted, it's the latter. :P

I'd like to see Artificer break into the Shadowrun world. This Horror can really wreck a lot of damage especially on tech.
Oooh. He'd love all that tech. And most runners with 'warez would be powerless agains him, as he twists their cybered parts against them... :P

To start with, he wants to see how earthdawn magic differs from SR4 and /why/ it was so dangerous, so I'm already in the process of writing it up. I've got something already in place for magic items, ED style taken to SR4, but the parts I'm still fuzzy on is whose considered a name giver, and I know an ED adept are the players plus others who can use circle based magics.
Background Count, and corrupted areas, by either toxic shamans, and the kind, or great deal of negative emotions... Tha's just like Corruption in ED.

FAB III would definately help with the astral ones.  The only snag might be with the Horror that takes the form of a disease.  Microscopic razor goblins might have fun corrupting them.

Not kidding.  That Horror exists.
These. And they're minor (pun intended). And curable with healing magic, fortunatly.

That's why you kill them. Kill them with fire. Lots and lots of fire.
Some of them are fire. Or possess physical object (Crystal Entities - they can make your bones grow spikes that rip through the body and skin outwards...) that can be fire-resistant. Or just ignore flames altogether, because they're corrupted music. Or reside inside someones bones, or just hover over him in their astral form, using them as anchor...

The spell is called, imaginatively enough, Remove Horror Mark.  It is a 13th circle spell (again, roughly equivalent to requiring an initiate to get to grade 5 and then taking the spell separately as a one shot Named super specific spell).
Not really. That would be grade 9-10 i think. And it would need a powerfull ritual, as the ED spell is one...
So, removing your mark hastens the Scourge (by using powerfull magic). What do you do?

Honestly I don't see what the big deal about Horrors are. The Drop Bear Legions will just eat all their faces once they arrive.
No, the Corrupted Drop Bear Legions will do their bidding... :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #132 on: <01-06-11/1725:19> »
« Last Edit: <01-06-11/1728:08> by Sichr »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #133 on: <01-06-11/1849:05> »
That design is outright stupid. :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #134 on: <01-06-11/2312:13> »
The First Ever Real Time Strategy Trading Card Game
wtf?