NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #90 on: <10-04-10/0218:28> »
FAB III would definately help with the astral ones.  The only snag might be with the Horror that takes the form of a disease.  Microscopic razor goblins might have fun corrupting them.

Not kidding.  That Horror exists.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #91 on: <10-04-10/1411:25> »
They're called dread iotas if anyone is wondering.

But as for killing them.  Most Horrors can only truly be killed in astral space.  Destroying their physical form just inconveniences them until they can make a new one.  This is doubly true for the really powerful ones who tend to have separate physical and astral forms that can pretty easily recreate the other.  I'm not sure how effective FAB III would be against them.  The Horrors would probably just end up corrupting the FAB and remaking it into a Horror construct.  They do that.  They're jerks like that.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #92 on: <10-04-10/1424:21> »
That's why you kill them. Kill them with fire. Lots and lots of fire.

If that fails you get an old priest and a young priest. While they distract it you run.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #93 on: <10-04-10/1426:11> »
As the old saying goes, "You don't need to be the fastest, just faster than the fatty."  Of course, it says nothing about being Horror marked so.....

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #94 on: <10-04-10/1444:05> »
For those wondering, a Horror Mark is a mystical link between the Horror and it's victim.  The power varies with each Horror, but the basic Mark allows the Horror to apply any ability upon or through the victim to a range of 10 miles.  It can only apply non-damaging powers for a range of 100 miles.  And it can communicate telepathically with the victim up to a range of 1000 miles.  These ranges and properties, like I said earlier, vary with each Horror.  Some have a limited range, some extend further.

Getting Horror Marked is a nasty, nasty business.  Unless you happen to be or know someone exceptionally powerful (equivalent to an initiate grade 5+) who can enter the astral and hunt the thing down, then you are basically stuck with incredible amounts of suffering and pain.  Not even death is a sure way to escape, as many of the more powerful Horrors simply raise your body as an undead monster or torment your spirit and convert it into a shadow wraith.
There is no overkill.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #95 on: <10-04-10/1447:33> »
There was a spell in EarthDawn that let you remove a Horror Mark from someone.  Problem was, Horror Marks are harder than hell to detect in the first place and the spell itself was difficult and dangerous.  So yeah, like Gun Nut said, the only real option was killing the damn Horror that Marked you.  And good luck with that!

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #96 on: <10-04-10/1451:35> »
The spell is called, imaginatively enough, Remove Horror Mark.  It is a 13th circle spell (again, roughly equivalent to requiring an initiate to get to grade 5 and then taking the spell separately as a one shot Named super specific spell).

Good luck with that.
There is no overkill.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #97 on: <10-04-10/1501:26> »
Honestly I don't see what the big deal about Horrors are. The Drop Bear Legions will just eat all their faces once they arrive.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #98 on: <10-04-10/1504:29> »
The Horrors probably either made them to begin with or would remake them into something more horrible and slaved to their will.

But you know, even fairly weak Horrors can do things like make your skin peel off and rotate around your body, shatter your bones by looking at you, cut you from the inside out, make spikes grow out of your bones, and infect you with diseases that make VITAS looks like a summer cold.  But yeah, drop bears.....

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #99 on: <10-04-10/1529:18> »
The elven propoganda machine might have you believe it was Harlequin and Assets Inc. that stopped the early onslaught of the Horrors brought about by Oscuro. Those however are lies, the Horrors where stopped by the Drop Bears. And I for one will always remember the brave furry souls who impaled themselves on Bonecrown so their fellow cuddly warriors of rightousness could defeat the horrible menace.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #100 on: <10-04-10/1533:38> »
 :D  Somebody is clearly in the pocket of the drop bear lobby.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #101 on: <10-04-10/1538:13> »
 ;) They pay well and have promised me all the eucalyptis I can eat. I tried explaining I don't eat eucalyptis, but it didn't turn out too well.
la vida no vale nada

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #102 on: <10-04-10/1541:16> »
 :D  I learned long ago that the only way to win an argument with a drop bear is if you are armed with a shotgun.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #103 on: <10-04-10/1551:47> »
Only if they want to let you win. Sooner or later, you run out of ammo... they don't run out of bears that soon.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #104 on: <10-04-10/1555:53> »
Hmmm.  You may have a point there.  Good thing I'm a grenade obsessed mage, huh?