NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #285 on: <06-05-11/2245:13> »
Sorry, I just can't get the Three Stooges out of my head.

Anyway, I just had a thought in another thread.  What are the possibilities of Horrors in space?  I mean, it's outside the manasphere, which is a requirement for their continued existence, or at least arrival, right?
And does that mean Horrors actually require humans/living creatures to arrive and survive?

So when the Seventh World rolls around, will there be orbital Kaers?  A refugee fleet?  The Free Earthling Resistance, based on Luna or Mars?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #286 on: <06-05-11/2248:40> »
Never ever apologize for constantly remembering the Three Stooges.  Or W.C. Fields or the Marx Brothers for that matter.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #287 on: <06-06-11/0855:59> »
Sorry, I just can't get the Three Stooges out of my head.

Anyway, I just had a thought in another thread.  What are the possibilities of Horrors in space?  I mean, it's outside the manasphere, which is a requirement for their continued existence, or at least arrival, right?
And does that mean Horrors actually require humans/living creatures to arrive and survive?

So when the Seventh World rolls around, will there be orbital Kaers?  A refugee fleet?  The Free Earthling Resistance, based on Luna or Mars?

The Horror's go directly into Things from Beyond Territory, but unlike Lovecraftian stuff, are at least comprehensible at the end of the day. In short, They Feed On Pain and Suffering of Thier Targets. Some are wider ranging that others, some have rather specific requirements on how they can feed, but at the end of the day, They Feed On Metahumanity.

They also have a pretty high Manasphere requirement which is why they aren't here yet in 2072. I'm still trying to figure out how they are supposed to come out of a Mana Ebb personally
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #288 on: <06-06-11/0942:46> »
They don't.  It won't be until roughly the year 4000 that they will be able to breach our reality with ease.  The void of space will be an insurmountable obstacle...for a while.

Eventually, they will figure out a way across space.  That's when (in Equinox) the rest of humanity out in the colonies blast Earth with enough firepower to turn it into an asteroid field, thus squashing any link the Horrors have to our plane of existence.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #289 on: <06-06-11/1240:36> »
Equinox?  I've never heard of it.  You mean there's another one after Shadowrun?
« Last Edit: <06-06-11/1245:40> by Rockopolis »
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #290 on: <06-06-11/1243:23> »
Equinox?  I've never heard of it.  You mean there's another one after Shadorun?
Equinox

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #291 on: <06-06-11/1249:21> »
Jinkies, that's pretty cool.  Thanks, Jack.
Now I'm wishing my paychecks weren't offset for another month.

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #292 on: <06-06-11/1317:00> »

Don't worry about it. IT's been vaporware for some time
Echoing through my head

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #293 on: <06-06-11/1832:53> »
Rats.  Oh well.

I'll just have to make my own, with blackjack, and hookers!
...I do like the blackjack rolling systems.  And I think Deadlands already used cards at one point.  All that's left is the Hookers...IN SPACE!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #294 on: <06-06-11/2156:38> »
Deadlands had cards indeed, even had their own set of decks.  And I think they had space hookers as well.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #295 on: <06-06-11/2303:29> »
Miniature Giant Space Hookers?

...wow, this is incredibly off-topic for an entirely logical short and strong chain of events.

Trying to navigate back; I forget, do spells (sustained or otherwise), foci, enchantments, and such work, last, or even target outside the gaiasphere?  Does Orichalcum fall apart?

Never played Deadlands, but it does sound interesting.  Like everything else.
Had a gamemaster who set a Initiation Metaplanar Quest in a very strange Wild West, though, and dragged the rest of the party into it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #296 on: <06-06-11/2356:15> »
Yeah, any Metaplanar Quests I'm doing are going to be from Deadlands Adventures.

I'm going to start with Night Train.  Which, IIRC, required my group to finish off a bottle of Night Train in order to deal with the horrors that I threw at them.  *Evil GM Grin*
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #297 on: <06-07-11/0453:18> »

Don't worry about it. IT's been vaporware for some time

ETA is 2012. :)

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #298 on: <06-07-11/0921:44> »
When I see it :)

Otherwise....it's duke nuke'em territory
Echoing through my head

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #299 on: <06-07-11/1047:04> »
They are actually releasing Duke Nukem...finally.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."