NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Shaidar

• Omae
« Reply #555 on: <06-12-16/1231:38> »
M. Darke appeared first as an antagonist in the campaign Harlequin's Back. The sourcebook Threats gave revised stats for him. And he finally appeared again as an antagonist in the Dragonheart Trilogy novels (Stranger Souls, Clockwork Asylum and Beyond The Pale) wherre he ends up killed, seemingly for good. Corporate Download dealt with the aftermath of an Aztechnology higher-up called "Oscuro", who was leading the blood mages faction within the corporation and vanished in a time frame consistent with the Dragonheart trilogy events. It is likely Oscuro is another name for M. Darke. Corporate Guide mentions again Oscuro role and his death.

Also, Geraldo Solis, a former Aztechnology board member retired on Zurich-Orbital, in Corporate Download, and Ad El-Hameed Hassani, an Aztlan citizen of Lybian descent heading the Apep Consortium whose bodyguards are former Aztechnology Jaguar guards, in Loose Alliances are heavily hinted as former associates of M. Darke, unless one of them actually is M. Darke.

I admit another necro, but...

Aetherology, for SR4 and SR5, has finally given stats to Darke's spirit minions, the Gum Toad and the Crawler. And some tantalizing tidbits alluding to possible falsehood to the myth of Darke's demise.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #556 on: <06-13-16/0244:51> »
I'm planning to use those two and have a protege of Darke come in, hoping to continue where Darke left off. That play line will send the runners back in time to the last time the Horrors appears (actually a metaplane)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #557 on: <06-13-16/2053:41> »
Well, unless the only Horrors on that plane are the same tier as Gumtoads and Crawlers - time to roll for SAN.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #558 on: <05-02-17/1834:40> »
Anyone interested in the topic of Horrors in Shadowrun should definitely read the section titled "Where the wild things are" of Forbidden Arcana...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #559 on: <05-02-17/1854:19> »
Anyone interested in the topic of Horrors in Shadowrun should definitely read the section titled "Where the wild things are" of Forbidden Arcana...

Must. Get. That. Book.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #560 on: <05-03-17/0257:13> »

*whistles innocently*

Hmm? What? Something tucked away in there?

Oh, perish the thought...

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #561 on: <05-03-17/0540:59> »
The events described make me wonder if

[spoiler]something has happened to Lethe/Dunkelzahn, or if there's only so much he can do by himself to keep the nasties at bay.[/spoiler]
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #562 on: <05-03-17/0919:02> »
The Horrors were always coming. Unless the mana cycle can be locked down at a point below where they can bridge the gap, then they will come, in time, and not even the spirit of Big D can stop that. One bridge can be held. But when the gap is close enough that it is possible to build many short bridges, or even jump across, then there is a limit to what even the most powerful being can do on their own.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #563 on: <05-03-17/1447:08> »
Given a normal cycle that is more than a thousand years in the future though. But I would point out, that in Earthdawn there were a few instances of horror incursions much earlier than the beginning of the Scourge and portents appearing even earlier than that.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #564 on: <05-03-17/1922:18> »
Oh good ghost. Elijah saw Aazhvat and (ostensibly) Ristul. Even with Harlequin's help, he's going to have a very hard time.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #565 on: <05-03-17/1954:11> »
A battered Lethe/Dunklezahn falling back because the gap is too wide would actually make for an interesting metaplot development.
Not enough that it brings on the Scourge itself, but enough that a new plot focus would be developed (and also one that drops the ridiculously awful, IMO, CFD nonsense)
It'd give the Draco Foundation a purpose beyond "Acting mysterious for the sake of acting mysterious".
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #566 on: <05-04-17/0148:20> »
Oh good ghost. Elijah saw Aazhvat and (ostensibly) Ristul. Even with Harlequin's help, he's going to have a very hard time.

No Named beings were present in this flashback (Well. Other than Elijah.)

We don't know what he saw.

He just saw Things.

The fun question, now, is this: Who's trying to rebuild the bridge connections? (The why's fairly obvious)

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #567 on: <05-04-17/0209:11> »
The fun question, now, is this: Who's trying to rebuild the bridge connections? (The why's fairly obvious)
My money is on Mr. Darke, from Harlequin's Back.
If he's working with Azlan, that would explain why the Fovae are only popping up around their territory (or former territories)

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #568 on: <05-04-17/1211:26> »
A bridge? That's different. Why isn't Lethe-out on top of this?

A battered Lethe/Dunklezahn falling back because the gap is too wide

Not sure what you mean by too wide? We want the gap to be wide, wide enough to call it a chasm, to call the end of the world, nothing to see here. Seriously the wider the better.

Anyway does this bridge definitely lead to the origin of the horrors? I mean if Elijah just saw "things", there are lots of "things" out there ...

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #569 on: <05-04-17/1231:23> »
A bridge? That's different. Why isn't Lethe-out on top of this?

A battered Lethe/Dunklezahn falling back because the gap is too wide

Not sure what you mean by too wide? We want the gap to be wide, wide enough to call it a chasm, to call the end of the world, nothing to see here. Seriously the wider the better.
I meant that the overall gap is narrowing, sorry. Which would result in the amount of astral ground Lethe has to cover to widen.
"The Bridge" is basically the doomsday clock, but mana levels are high enough already that other horrors can cross over if they get some metahuman sucker to help them.