NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #240 on: <02-19-11/1649:44> »
I know that blood wood or blood elves were outcasts... well they doid survive the scourge. I thought she was one of immortals...

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #241 on: <02-19-11/1825:51> »
Wait...Elven Culture?  And brutal self mutilation?
"Brutal!? You don 't know the MEANING of brutal until you've heard the story of Culture Three!  How brutal WAS Culture Three you ask?  Culture Three was SO brutal that they maimed, tortured, enslaved, and in general brutalized THEMSELVES!"
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #242 on: <02-20-11/0001:14> »
I know that blood wood or blood elves were outcasts... well they doid survive the scourge. I thought she was one of immortals...
I thought it was heavily implied (if not outright confirmed) in the old Tir Tairngir sourcebook that Alachia was alive, well and thorn-free.

Is this not the case?
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #243 on: <02-20-11/0135:28> »
Heavily implied. There's been no official confirmation that she is, nor which name she is using now.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #244 on: <02-20-11/0330:04> »
Check the Ancient History site for details on Alachia.

As far as i know Alachia = Sheila Blatavska of the Atlantean Foundation (= the poster Hecate) = former Tir Tairngire Prince Sosan Naerain.

And no, Alachia isn't the Russian name I can't quite remember.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #245 on: <02-20-11/0500:45> »
Check the Ancient History site for details on Alachia.

As far as i know Alachia = Sheila Blatavska of the Atlantean Foundation (= the poster Hecate) = former Tir Tairngire Prince Sosan Naerain.

And no, Alachia isn't the Russian name I can't quite remember.

Well...Atlantean foundation = Mystic Crusaders... I`ve only played the first Artefact adventure with my players yet, but this informations ARE something..Id have to read other Artifact adventures right now :)

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #246 on: <02-20-11/0933:50> »
Alachia was a high Circle troubadour adept (think diplomancer/face with magic) back in the day.  I'm quite sure she's gotten pretty powerful.  To put it in perspective, the highest Circle troubadours were capable of talking Horrors into going home and never coming back.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #247 on: <02-21-11/0720:13> »
Not only troubadour, i think. She was on the last Path.
And her power wasn't what she could do, but what her Blood Warders could. And they were amongst the highest-circle NPCs in the whole setting.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #248 on: <02-21-11/1127:02> »
But in the SR universe, her power is also limited by current mana level,  isn`t it?

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #249 on: <02-21-11/1140:45> »
I'm trying, and failing, to picture the BTL-Chipping Man as an atagonist who covers up the threat of the Horrors.  Unless he's a Personafix Chip...
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #250 on: <02-21-11/1210:55> »
But in the SR universe, her power is also limited by current mana level,  isn`t it?
Only the raw power. Not skill, nor experience and connections. That's the problems with IE's. They had millenia to train and prepare.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #251 on: <02-21-11/1236:38> »
There weren't many that could match the high Circles for raw power.  Her Blood Warders were butch, but none of them were Masters.  The highest Circle character I know of (back in the day) was Garlthik One-Eye, 100+ year old ork ruler of Kratas and 15th Circle Thief adept.

In today's time, Harlequin and Ehran the Scribe are both roughly 15th Circle Wizard and Warrior adepts.  You're right, much of their power is still locked away due to the low mana levels, but their connections and skill have few peers (dragons and other IE's can match them, but few others can).
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #252 on: <02-21-11/1824:01> »
In today's time, Harlequin and Ehran the Scribe are both roughly 15th Circle Wizard and Warrior adepts.  You're right, much of their power is still locked away due to the low mana levels, but their connections and skill have few peers (dragons and other IE's can match them, but few others can).
And horrors. Don't forget horrors. You know the thread title? :P

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #253 on: <02-21-11/1957:49> »
Wait, Harlequin isn't at FULL STRENGTH yet?  What happens when he does get there, does he go MORE insane?

As for The Horrors...  Oh, they're coming.  Far, far too soon.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #254 on: <02-21-11/2006:12> »
Wait, Harlequin isn't at FULL STRENGTH yet?  What happens when he does get there, does he go MORE insane?
Well yes, actually.

As for The Horrors...  Oh, they're coming.  Far, far too soon.
Estimated Two-thousand years...I'm cool with that.

Phreak Commandment V: