NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #225 on: <02-18-11/0937:16> »
Truthfully, the Horrors would be bored with Auschwitz.  Horrors can only gain sustenance if they are the ones that infict the suffering, not if the person is suffering already.  Hence the craziness of the Blood Wood.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #226 on: <02-18-11/1642:09> »
Truthfully, the Horrors would be bored with Auschwitz.  Horrors can only gain sustenance if they are the ones that infict the suffering, not if the person is suffering already. 
I didn't think this was the case.

Sure, suffering that they directly/indirectly cause is more of a banquet, but any suffering would serve as food....and such high areas would count as a low-quality buffet!
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #227 on: <02-18-11/1700:29> »
Truthfully, the Horrors would be bored with Auschwitz.  Horrors can only gain sustenance if they are the ones that infict the suffering, not if the person is suffering already. 

Sure, suffering that they directly/indirectly cause is more of a banquet, but any suffering would serve as food....and such high areas would count as a low-quality buffet!

Not even that. more like a sign: "Zimmer frei..."

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #228 on: <02-18-11/2302:00> »
Not even that. more like a sign: "Zimmer frei..."
My trusty web translator has Zero valid ideas on that phrase :P

Translation?
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #229 on: <02-19-11/0242:44> »
It means "Vacancies", it could be founded in border towns and vilages close to german east borders.

It is like on the places like Brzezinka, Auschwitz, Hiroshima, Gulag archipelago etc. are like flashing banners that is visible from the distance for the Horrors, screaming into the darknes:
"HEEEY. EARTH HERE... WE KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE AND WE ARE SO EAGER TO HAVE YOU BACK THAT WE BEHAVE LIKE YOU ARE NOT NEEDED. WE DONE WELL WITHOUT YOU SO PLEASE COME AND FINISH THE JOB. WE HAVE BEEN SO HARDWORKING STUDENTS OF YOURS, PLEASE DONT MAKE US WAIT MUCH LONGER OR THERE WOULD BE NOTHING LEFT FOR YOU TO HARVEST..."

As they are +6 Domains aspected to what I imagine should be considered of path of Horrors, there is +6 peak and as such there is great possibility that building a bridge would be much easier... Hope taht places like this highly guarded by astral means...
What scares me, that ie on Siberia there would be dozen of such places that are unknown to anyone...but those who are looking for them...

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #230 on: <02-19-11/0338:18> »
Let's not forget that Aztechnology reputedly hired a bunch of former KGB types . . .

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #231 on: <02-19-11/0356:55> »
Let's not forget that Aztechnology reputedly hired a bunch of former KGB types . . .

Aha...I ve never herad of it...may you give more datailed info?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #232 on: <02-19-11/0944:23> »

Nope, they derive no sustenance from just any old suffering.  Which is why the Ritual of the Thorns, which caused thorns to grow through the skin of all the elves in the Blood Wood, worked as well as it did.  The intelligent ones that fed on suffering and pain couldn't get anything more out of the Blood Elves (not without a lot more work, there were easier pickings elsewhere), and the less intelligent ones, which just ate everything, were much easier to deal with.
There is no overkill.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #233 on: <02-19-11/1016:40> »
You make it sound like the elves did that to themselves, deliberately?
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #234 on: <02-19-11/1038:50> »
You make it sound like the elves did that to themselves, deliberately?
Yep. Made for some ... interesting debates with other elves that thought it was too much. And those feelings still linger among the immortal elves today.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #235 on: <02-19-11/1114:05> »

Aha...I ve never herad of it...may you give more datailed info?

It was mentioned in the Aztlan s/b, pg 79.  I also have a vague memory of a particular Russian name being mentioned, but I'm unsure of just where that might be from - SOTA64 maybe?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #236 on: <02-19-11/1309:56> »
If you heard the name "Alachia" or "The Blood Queen" that would be the person who was ruling and decided to enact the rather...questionable policies of the time.
There is no overkill.

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #237 on: <02-19-11/1404:49> »
On the other hand, free cyberspurs!
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #238 on: <02-19-11/1439:20> »
If you heard the name "Alachia" or "The Blood Queen" that would be the person who was ruling and decided to enact the rather...questionable policies of the time.

I have not red any Tir sourcebooks, but I have this feeling that Tir na Nog is somehow connected...isnt it?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #239 on: <02-19-11/1511:16> »
Nope, they kicked her out of there.  She was unpopular because she threatened to kick anyone out of "Elven Culture" (it was important to the elves, for whatever reason) if they didn't do what she said regarding the Theran protections prior to the Scourge.  The rest of elfdom told her to slot off and effectivlely neutered her power base.

She was in Tir Tairngaire (sp?) book, I do believe.
There is no overkill.