• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #136 on: <01-07-11/1105:10> »
Poland :)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #137 on: <01-07-11/1116:28> »
Srsly? What the frak (frak=tail-coat in polish?)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #138 on: <01-07-11/1117:57> »
There is more to it:

http://www.balloontree.com/illustrations.php

but enought chitchat...

what I uderstand, if Im reading this forums correctly, is that Horrors are not Meant to come to main storyline and SR world anytime soon. Which means, as a GM I should use them as a distant threat, something dar creeping at the edge of the universe (something like Chtullu) but plots including horrors may be outside of my main game focus. Thats whati needed to know, If I should be prepared and prepare my players, for this Scourge eventuality. IMHO it is quite strange, that so much of ED wisdom survived till 6th world. If I remember correctly, there were much less knowledge and tomes unearthed for ED from previous cycles. May this be, that dragon startegy to use lesser races in the fight against enemy proves itself worthy?

Then again...
who was that Ristul you have been talking about, Kot? Where can I find more info?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <01-07-11/1124:51> »
Srsly? What the frak (frak=tail-coat in polish?)

I have a training sword (federschwert) from Gdansk :)
and my "prima victor" in fencing duel I won in Byczyna :)
CZ

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #140 on: <01-07-11/1140:10> »
There is more to it:

http://www.balloontree.com/illustrations.php

but enought chitchat...

what I uderstand, if Im reading this forums correctly, is that Horrors are not Meant to come to main storyline and SR world anytime soon. Which means, as a GM I should use them as a distant threat, something dar creeping at the edge of the universe (something like Chtullu) but plots including horrors may be outside of my main game focus. Thats whati needed to know, If I should be prepared and prepare my players, for this Scourge eventuality. IMHO it is quite strange, that so much of ED wisdom survived till 6th world. If I remember correctly, there were much less knowledge and tomes unearthed for ED from previous cycles. May this be, that dragon startegy to use lesser races in the fight against enemy proves itself worthy?

Then again...
who was that Ristul you have been talking about, Kot? Where can I find more info?
Yes, the Horrors aren't expected for quite a while at least. Each of the Immortal powers (and probably Damien Knight) probably have some preparations starting early, since they take the long view.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <01-07-11/1144:35> »
Thanx. Makes my life much easier  ;D

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #142 on: <01-07-11/1254:12> »
(and probably Damien Knight)
I'm guessing more from his relationship with The Big "D" - though you are right ,Knight plays the long game extremely well.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #143 on: <01-07-11/1303:20> »
Aaah. That's Mr. Jakubowski's work. He's awesome. I've heard of him a lot once, as i live nearby. Though i still find the whole 'planet eater' silly. :P
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #144 on: <01-07-11/1309:00> »
(and probably Damien Knight)
I'm guessing more from his relationship with The Big "D" - though you are right ,Knight plays the long game extremely well.
Yeah, his relationship with Big "D" was a contributing factor, as can be seen in the fact that he was prepared for the insects in Chicago (it didn't go entirely to plan, but he was decades ahead of other corps in preparations). I'm sure Dunkelzahn also passed along information on the Horrors to him to begin investing in defense against them.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #145 on: <01-07-11/1319:39> »
Yeah, his relationship with Big "D" was a contributing factor, as can be seen in the fact that he was prepared for the insects in Chicago (it didn't go entirely to plan, but he was decades ahead of other corps in preparations). I'm sure Dunkelzahn also passed along information on the Horrors to him to begin investing in defense against them.
Which makes me wonder about the insect hybrids from..Threats 2? Unless of course it was kept so hush hush that Knight didn't hear about it. Which would be a major feat I'd think.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #146 on: <01-08-11/0003:31> »
On that note, Ares seems to pump a lot of money into fighting the bugs. Now, Knight has reasons for that, but isnt such a money drain a huge competitive disadvantage for Ares?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #147 on: <01-08-11/0703:05> »
Not after Chicago. They get most of their white PR as bug-fighters, i think. And testing their toys in the field is easier that way...
Now, i can imagine Ares giving out jobs for shadowrunners with 'there's a small hive, you can use this brand new batch of guns against them, have fun'.

Frostriese

• Chummer
« Reply #148 on: <01-08-11/0718:20> »
Not after Chicago. They get most of their white PR as bug-fighters, i think. And testing their toys in the field is easier that way...
Now, i can imagine Ares giving out jobs for shadowrunners with 'there's a small hive, you can use this brand new batch of guns against them, have fun'.

Weapons testing is really overrated, it's not that expensive. And there are really cheaper ways to do it, too. I guess you have a point about PR, but the public doesn't even know just how much Ares invests into it, and besides these days it's of course Horizon who's the master of spin and good image; Ares is at best good middle field...

Morg

« Reply #149 on: <01-09-11/0357:56> »
What about cyberzombies they go on some kind of meta planer quest to a place past the the deepest reaches to get back a twisted fragment of the person who was. could what they get back be the corruptions of the horrors but not horrors themselves. I have noticed that they have been becoming more mystically powerful ie the immunity to normal weapons. at least the ritual to make one would do well to build the background count