NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #525 on: <03-27-13/0451:37> »
If Icewing and Caimbuel are buddy cop movie'ing it for this...

Shit just got real.

Well they're not really best pals all of a sudden. It's more a "let's kill each other later, once this threat is dealt with" kind of thing.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #526 on: <03-27-13/0458:29> »

Shit just got real.

Well they're not really best pals all of a sudden. It's more a "let's kill each other later, once this threat is dealt with" kind of thing.

Shit just got real.

Not exactly.  It's more like Ghostwalker's girlfriend/hometown was all "The hell are you doing, bothering with this guy?  LOOK AT THIS!", and then Harley's former apprentice and said apprentice's father (not that she knows it) show up and are all "The hell you doing?!".
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #527 on: <03-27-13/1442:08> »
lets not even go into the bit about Dragons Being Horrors....

But I digress. Yeah, the Major Horrors are not anywhere near having enough mana to come through. And on Horrors not being a major problem, I'd point to the Bugs adapting and using societies own tolerance against itself in a painfully accurate manner, claiming oppression and other such rubbish.

unless the world gets it's ac together...it's Horror Food
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #528 on: <03-28-13/0200:38> »
Not exactly.  It's more like Ghostwalker's girlfriend/hometown was all "The hell are you doing, bothering with this guy?  LOOK AT THIS!", and then Harley's former apprentice and said apprentice's father (not that she knows it) show up and are all "The hell you doing?!".
Actually, Puck mentioned in Clutch of Dragons that the ritual samples and DNA tests done on everyone left behind after the Watergate Rift closed showed that Frosty was Ehran's daughter.

lets not even go into the bit about Dragons Being Horrors....

But I digress. Yeah, the Major Horrors are not anywhere near having enough mana to come through. And on Horrors not being a major problem, I'd point to the Bugs adapting and using societies own tolerance against itself in a painfully accurate manner, claiming oppression and other such rubbish.

unless the world gets it's ac together...it's Horror Food

The Named Horrors cannot come through on their own, yet. At least, not normally. Major blood magic rituals on power sites, however, such as the Great Ghost Dance or, well, everything that happens in Aztlan, can create a 'Bridge' that can allow them to pass over if a mana spike occurs. In fact, a Named Horror actually did make it through in the years before the Big D blew himself up to stand on the Bridge, and duped Aina Dupree into using blood magic on a power site during a mana spike to open the door enough for some lesser horrors to make their way through.

But yes, if the world doesn't get its act together, they'll be spending another 500 years underground hoping the Horrors haven't learned how to get around the Rites of Protection and Passage. Which is the reason why Hestaby acted as she did during the dragon conflict.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sacredsouless

• Newb
« Reply #529 on: <03-29-13/0831:28> »
Alright, I didn't read through the majority of the thread (ain't no one got time for that!, or at least I don't), but far as I can tell the majority of the information on Horrors, Immortal Elves, and Great Dragons are in the two Harlequin books (Harlequin and Harlequin's back), scattered through the Earthdawn material, and in the Dragonheart trilogy. Is there any other material floating around that is strongly recommended to pick up so I can get a solid idea of what is going on? Cause honestly, the Horrors & Co have my curiosity shooting off at ludicrous speed (hopefully the plaid won't color my thoughts too much).

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #530 on: <03-29-13/0900:58> »
Check out House of the Sun and Worlds Without End as well. Two shadowrun novels that involve Harlequin and Aina. Also, the adventure Bottled Demon may well involve a Horror trapped in an ancient idol.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sacredsouless

• Newb
« Reply #531 on: <03-29-13/1222:48> »
Many thanks, my shopping list has now expanded even further.  ;)

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #532 on: <04-06-13/0745:07> »
A bit of digging reveals that FASA (which is back in play after many years) will be creating three other "Earth" style games to add to the Earthdawn (4th world) timeline.  The tetrology of games will be:  Earthrise, Earthdawn, Earthdusk, Earthfall.  The first will be the age of dragons and their rule (rumor has it a player will be able to play a dragon, yes, a Shadowrun/Earthdawn power level dragon, take that as you will).  The second is the 4th age of heroes we keep referencing.  The third, Earthdusk, takes place after the time of Shadowrun during and just after the mana peak.

nuFASA doesn't get shit done - and we should be grateful for that, given their fuck-up with ED3R or FS3.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #533 on: <04-06-13/1443:37> »
Oh?  Explain.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #534 on: <04-14-13/1240:52> »
As said, the cthulhu and warhammer are just for inspiration. The horrors can appear in any shape or form(if any at all) or even an idea. A horror as an idea(every watch the movie Pontypool).
From what I've read (and that's largely in this forum, actually this thread) the Horrors have less in common with Lovecraft and Warhammer and a lot more in common with, well you can hazard a guess...
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I mean think about it, he's ancient, he affects peoples' behaviors almost mystically, seems to live to troll, horrify disturb people, to say nothing of tearing them to pieces...It just fits SO well.
« Last Edit: <04-14-13/1251:12> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #535 on: <05-01-13/1411:12> »
Don't let my husband see that or he'll start digging through all the material on Horrors, and then I'll have an epic level campaign on my hands.

"And then I killed AAAALLL the horrors with a massive ritual orgy spell."
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #536 on: <05-02-13/2111:19> »
A bit of digging reveals that FASA (which is back in play after many years) will be creating three other "Earth" style games to add to the Earthdawn (4th world) timeline.  The tetrology of games will be:  Earthrise, Earthdawn, Earthdusk, Earthfall.  The first will be the age of dragons and their rule (rumor has it a player will be able to play a dragon, yes, a Shadowrun/Earthdawn power level dragon, take that as you will).  The second is the 4th age of heroes we keep referencing.  The third, Earthdusk, takes place after the time of Shadowrun during and just after the mana peak.

Wait, FASA is a thing again? GuhWHAHAUGH?
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #537 on: <05-02-13/2125:25> »
Wait, FASA is a thing again? GuhWHAHAUGH?
Apparently it's a company that was already putting items out, bought the FASA name, and changed their name or something similar.  IIRC from meeting them at GenCon, they're out of the UK.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!

Re:

« Reply #538 on: <05-03-13/0453:30> »
Please keep us informed if you are in touch with the group...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words

Re:

« Reply #539 on: <05-03-13/1258:53> »
Please keep us informed if you are in touch with the group...
I'm not.  Only saw them at their booth at GenCon.  :(

I can't go this year.  You'll have to ask folks who can be at Cons to chat them up while the Ninja of the group searches for Paydata.

Surprisingly, said Ninja might be Bull.   ???
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11