• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #465 on: <07-16-12/1248:56> »
Mr Rogers in a blood stained sweater

+1 to you sir...surprised people remember that video

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #466 on: <07-16-12/1833:06> »
The first one, hopefully not the second.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #467 on: <07-16-12/1947:27> »
Mr Rogers in a blood stained sweater

+1 to you sir...surprised people remember that video

I pulled a lot of my list from that video, but I omitted Mr. Rogers 'cuz I thought it silly. The video was cool, but....

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #468 on: <10-07-12/1337:29> »
A comment on Verjigorm which I made that outraged a few hardcore ED fans: "It seems that he isn't that scary, after all..." Why? He doesn't seem to have the Terrify power. :P

But seriously, Verjigorm stats are as old as Earthdawn itself. And they were written well before the Horrors book, which tells us that 'The Dark One' has made all the Horrors, first dragon including. I'd say those stats are rubbish, if that's even partially true. Besides, the above joke is partially true, since there are worse thing in the book. Like Ristul, which is Corruption itself, and Metahumanity already managed to invite him a little bit by poisoning the astral with their actions.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #469 on: <10-08-12/1321:57> »
Ristul is nasty, but actually simpler to deal with than Verjigorm.

Ristul's pawns get a free hive-mind-like link to each other, and the ability to corrupt those who are willing (coercion works, here), but other than that they aren't that much more powerful than the original namegivers that Ristul corrupted.

Ristul is great for making that horrid OMG it could be ANYONE kind of cult.

Killing off all the corrupted ones, thus banishing Ristul from the world, is actually pretty simple compared to dealing with Verjigorm.  (Remember that simple =/= easy.)
There is no overkill.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #470 on: <10-08-12/1444:11> »
Well, since Ristul is corruption itself, I wouldn't say so. As long as there's enough corruption, he can do his thing. And AFAIR it was hinted, that he's not an entity like most horrors, but something akin to a semi-sentient force of 'un-nature'.

Anyway, arguing over the top Horrors is kinda pointless, since they're waaay out of any league worth playing.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #471 on: <10-09-12/1148:42> »
The Master Circles of Earthdawn can deal with these guys.  It is quite conceivable that a group of Masters would be able to break Ristul's hold on this world and banish/destroy/make-a-puppet-of it and then sic it on the other Horrors.

A single group of Masters vs. Verjigorm?  Blown away.
There is no overkill.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #472 on: <10-09-12/1200:07> »
All I have to say is this: Verjigorm makes Ghostwalker very, very nervous. And the only reason I don't go farther than that is because I don't want to get eaten.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #473 on: <10-10-12/1547:14> »
All I have to say is this: Verjigorm makes Ghostwalker very, very nervous. And the only reason I don't go farther than that is because I don't want to get eaten.

...or hired by some IE lunatic, as I`ve heard recently...

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #474 on: <10-10-12/2042:03> »
...IE lunatic ...

Sichr, you're repeating yourself.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #475 on: <10-10-12/2104:01> »
Now, now. Most of the Immortal Elves aren't lunatics. Some are narcissists, some are power-mad, some want to rule the world, some...
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #476 on: <10-11-12/1231:20> »
Now, now. Most of the Immortal Elves aren't lunatics. Some are narcissists, some are power-mad, some want to rule the world, some...

... just want to watch the world burn?

Just a question folks: is there a summary of Earthdawn plots/stories somewhere? I'm just trying to piece together the manacycle thing, and I recall reading that it was the Dragons' fault that Horrors existed and it was so catastrophic that it caused mana to wax and wane.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #477 on: <10-11-12/1238:30> »
Ancient's Files: http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/index.html

And it's the other way around - The Dark One (supposedly Verjigorm) created the Horrors, and by accident the first dragon. It was the dragon that created the namegivers. At least that's the story from the Horrors book... The mana cycle was supposed to be natural, I think.
« Last Edit: <10-11-12/1240:15> by Kot »

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #478 on: <10-11-12/1257:59> »
That history's in there? I've been (unsuccessfully) poking around it.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #479 on: <10-11-12/1334:01> »
Various bits-and-pieces all around it. You can start with the "Shadowrun/Earthdawn Crossovers", and "Immortals Elves and Great Dragons". There's also some stuff in the SR Wiki.