Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #450 on: <06-20-12/1454:06> »
well played sir

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #451 on: <06-21-12/0622:55> »
Two people walk down the same street; both are armed with .45s.
And here your analogy already falls apart: Deus and Mirage did not have the same equipment. Deus had an arcology full of guinea pigs and experimented on them to the fullest extent. Mirage never had such resources, hence the question of what she could have learned/developed is pure conjecture. It's the fictional equivalent of "what if Hitler had taken Moscow" -- nobody knows for sure, and whatever hypothesis comes up can't even be reasonably falsified.

and if it's as fast as 'oops, sorry, here, have this' in the last microseconds, it's even more impressive than simply doing it five times in as many minutes.
Your original claim was that Mirage somehow made the five Otaku  subconsciously. That would indeed imply a very strong connection to the Resonance, whereas consciously deciding "okay, I'm going to make them Otaku" is something Deus could have done, too. How fast Deus could have done it is tricky to answer, since he always coupled creating Otaku with a massive brainwashing.

No, I claim something that's been written about by people, including Jason - which views, note, fairly well back up what I've stated
Jay (I'm assuming you meant him) explicitly stated in that thread that "Mirage is very likely not the Deep Resonance" in that thread...

Oh, and the invisible pink unicorn of course is magic a magic unicorn, so it can totally be both invisible and pink.

RelentlessImp

• Chummer
« Reply #452 on: <06-23-12/2301:41> »
Don't tempt me. The reign of Princess Celestia, Tyrant of the Sun, will be one as brutal as it is pastel.

Sonic Rainbooms will end the reign of the Tyrant. Mark my words.
Next time you're down on your knees, and you're expecting a slap, it might be me in that mask, and I just might have a bat.
Currently Looking for Work

Gideon

• Newb
« Reply #453 on: <07-09-12/1750:33> »
As far as Horror getting a hook into the world in 2070s?  I think the magical whatsis in Bottled Demon was an old artifact from the previous world which "awakened" as magic rose.  What is to say that another Horror designed artifact (not marked, as they fade with time if not revisited by the Horror), could be brought in to allow a Horror shaman/Blood shaman to create a basic construct of a Horror's?  Now a an army of cyber zombies could be created (really Cadaver Men) to help the Azzies put down the Orange Queen's forces and a whole future threat of a Horror tainted Nation gains a step forward to total doom!  Yea!

OR someone could stop them I guess... ;D

Also I should mention that it is suggested in the Tir Tairngire book that the Crater Lake area is being contained by a Mana Drain.  And the Earthdawn book introducing Aina and the SR references hints that this is what keeps the bridge closed in 2050s.  So army of Cadaver men could liberate the Lake and we can begin the first civil war in Tir!  Yea! (wait that might be bad)

I bring up Crater Lake since it has a very high Mana level and dropping the mana levels is what contains the Horror cross-over.

Also looking in my critter lists, Rockworms, not Horrors, but they EAT rocks and concrete.  Might give a baseline for Gnasher powers.

Love this thread, love this game.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #454 on: <07-09-12/1842:36> »
There's a reason I called it the Psychic Highway to Hell.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #455 on: <07-10-12/1533:39> »
As far as Horror getting a hook into the world in 2070s? I think the magical whatsis in Bottled Demon was an old artifact from the previous world which "awakened" as magic rose.  What is to say that another Horror designed artifact (not marked, as they fade with time if not revisited by the Horror), could be brought in to allow a Horror shaman/Blood shaman to create a basic construct of a Horror's?  Now a an army of cyber zombies could be created (really Cadaver Men) to help the Azzies put down the Orange Queen's forces and a whole future threat of a Horror tainted Nation gains a step forward to total doom!  Yea

Another one of those has been featured in the '09 Gencon SR Tourney.  Don't know how Canonical that was, it was supposed to be mentioned in the Seattle 2072 book at least the big explosion that happened was. But I can tell you the object activated a gate that let a Horror come thru. After it went down and we had a visit from Ghostwalker and Arleesh.
Like I said no Idea if that was just a one-off, but we were told it would get a mention. Still waiting on that one to get released so I can buy it.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #456 on: <07-10-12/1915:45> »
They seriously need to release that adventure. Like, yesterday!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #457 on: <07-10-12/2246:42> »
Another one of those has been featured in the '09 Gencon SR Tourney.  Don't know how Canonical that was, it was supposed to be mentioned in the Seattle 2072 book at least the big explosion that happened was. But I can tell you the object activated a gate that let a Horror come thru. After it went down and we had a visit from Ghostwalker and Arleesh.
Like I said no Idea if that was just a one-off, but we were told it would get a mention. Still waiting on that one to get released so I can buy it.

Yeah, I totally need that. For a chance at some SR4 Horror stats, if nothing else. It sounds like exactly what I need for my campaign.

On the subject of Horrors, there was some discussion lately about people from the Fourth World that might have survived into the Sixth, and it reminded me of something I'd wondered about in the past....

...You don't suppose Chantrel might still be around, do you?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #458 on: <07-10-12/2249:23> »
...You don't suppose Chantrel might still be around, do you?
Oh. Oh my. She could be, yeah. There are plenty of isolated places where someone who didn't want to get involved with people could hide out. The question is, however, whether her Horror was powerful enough to exist in this world through the downtime, and whether if it was booted back to its metaplane, whether the link keeping her alive would still function.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #459 on: <07-12-12/0805:33> »
A Horror shaman

Oh...My...GAWD! I don't even want to think about that concept even slightly!

No, you need Naruto, Goku, Gandalf, and Elminster to team up. With some help from several great dragons.
We would need a good Johnson to put that team together. Someone with connections in other dimensions. Maybe its time to call Skeeve and his team...

No, see, to take out old V, you need (in absolutely no real order):
Chuck Norris
Naruto and all the Kage and Jounin
The entire cast of Bleach
Batman and Robin, Superman, Spiderman, the Incredible Hulk, and all the X-Men
All the Pokemon, ever (Gotta catch 'em all!)
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire hunter
Elminster and Mystra herself
Richard Rahl and Zeddicus Z'ul Zorander
Some schmuck with a magic sword, probably half-elven and adopted (hehe, Brooks)
All the DBZ cast that is not currently constipated
Sparkly vampires (the meat shield, of course)
Optimus Prime and the Transformers
King Arthur and ALL the Knights of the Round Table, and Merlin himself
All the Gum-Gum Fruits
Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Steven Seagal, and all the other martial artist movie guys
Will Smith in an alien spaceship
Indiana Jones
All the Street Samurai trolls armed with gyromounted miniguns, ever
Gandalf, both Gray AND White
A casting line of 25 experienced Grade 5 initiate shadowrunners specialized in manabolts
Harry Dresden and friends
All of M.Y.T.H Inc.
Ender Wiggin believing this is all a simulation
Robocop riding the security bot with the minigun
Bill S. Preston and Theadore Logan, and their time machine
All the Terminators
Captain Kirk and Jean-Luc Picard wielding triple lightsabers next to martial artist adept Spock
Darth Vader and all the other Jedi and Sith
Every single Power Ranger

Even then, you could have some difficulties.
« Last Edit: <07-12-12/0822:01> by Mason »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #460 on: <07-12-12/1115:51> »
Harry Fraggin' Dresden.

EDIT:  With Mouse.  And possibly his Brother.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #461 on: <07-13-12/1330:30> »
Yeah, that was in my list. Sorry.

Though, he probably bears repeating.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #462 on: <07-13-12/1911:25> »
Ender Wiggin.... Fuck yeah. Throw in Peter Wiggin and Bean, and you've got something that would give even the horror's pause. I think. :D
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #463 on: <07-14-12/1525:47> »
Assuming he's by himself and not attended by his corrupted dragon servants.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #464 on: <07-16-12/1241:47> »
Mr Rogers in a blood stained sweater