NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #420 on: <06-16-12/1055:30> »
Oh, and when her 'supervisor' disappeared during the Fuchi/Novatech upset, she knee-jerk-reaction created five otaku.
And killed quite a few more people who couldn't accept the strain of her "outburst."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #421 on: <06-16-12/1225:28> »
You guys kill me.  You should get together with the resident conspiracy theorists...
Somebody call me?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #422 on: <06-16-12/1237:51> »
Conspiracy theory?

Bah.

I'm a firm believer in Intelligent Defraudment.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #423 on: <06-16-12/1908:52> »
AFAIK, Sengir, Mirage awakened long before 2060. It was shortly after the first Crash that he woke up, as a result of interacting with the Echo Mirage crowd.
But after that it went dormant until 2060, what happened when it woke up is detailed in Psychotrope.

Ouroboros: Yes, Mirage created some otaku. Which were different from the "standard" otaku. Deus did the same, does that make him the Deep Resonance, too? ;)

If Mirage/Psychotrope has a gender, it's probably 'she'.  That said ...

Sengir, I think you need to compare the two.  Deus took numerous minutes to deliberately create, one at a time, UV addicts who were greatly hindered if they went off his grid.  Mirage took five minutes to accidentally create five perfected otaku.  Which one do you think had more experience?  Which one do you think had been assembled at the most basic level of their code to interface with the human mind and correct 'deviations' in their thought processes?

Yes, as James points out, she directly killed and indirectly psychologically scarred a huge number of plugged-in people - and yet again, it's a twitch reaction.  If you don't want to believe the facts staring you in the face, that's fine by me; gives me lots of room for (hopefully) work in the future with Wakshaani, intelligently defrauding you.  :)  Betcha you're with Mirikon, trying to find Deus out there in Matrix 2.0 ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #424 on: <06-16-12/1933:35> »
Defraud is kind of a terrible word, isn't it?

But!

Bonus round!

Who were the five Perfect Otaku, and what wound up happening to each?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #425 on: <06-16-12/1939:11> »
One of them was Hitomi Shiawase, and she's now Empress of Japan. Don't know the other four.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #426 on: <06-16-12/1941:58> »
Red Wraith (Amsterdam Fixer in Spy Games)

Bloodyguts (Killed by Deus' Whites in System Failure)

Dark Father (Killed by Deus' Whites in System Failure)

Lady Death (Hitomi Shiawase, the Empress of Japan and Chair of Shiawase)

Anubis (Last posted in Loose Alliances. Profiled in Target: Matrix)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #427 on: <06-16-12/1958:43> »
Hangon. Hitomi's an Otaku? Egads! I'd missed this somehow.

Well now. That opens some interesting doors.

(Note to self: Pick up a copy of Psycotropeat the store  tomorrow.)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #428 on: <06-16-12/2008:43> »
You know the vampiric otaku/technomancer BFF of [Insert AAA CEO] blah blah blah super special ridiculous character concept people love to hate on?

That's Hitomi Shiawase.
« Last Edit: <06-16-12/2034:52> by James Meiers »

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #429 on: <06-16-12/2010:43> »
Only now, the Empress of Japan.

Dude.

I might have a use for this.

(Mwu-hahahahahaa)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #430 on: <06-16-12/2014:16> »
And head of Shiawase.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #431 on: <06-16-12/2029:41> »
And a technomancer.

My Characters

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #432 on: <06-17-12/0024:07> »
See, I knew that she'd been a Shadowrunner and that her dad got her married to the Teen Emperor, hoping that the little hellion would settle down and bring honor to us all, but somehow I missed that she'd been Otaku.

That opens gates, it does.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #433 on: <06-17-12/0720:03> »
Sengir, I think you need to compare the two.  Deus took numerous minutes to deliberately create, one at a time, UV addicts who were greatly hindered if they went off his grid.  Mirage took five minutes to accidentally create five perfected otaku.  Which one do you think had more experience?  Which one do you think had been assembled at the most basic level of their code to interface with the human mind and correct 'deviations' in their thought processes?
What the end user might consider a product flaw might, in the mind of the designer, be a product feature. Before the Shutdown, Deus had already had one of the otaku he'd drawn from the Matrix at large betray him. One way to keep your kiddies loyal is to ensure that, if they somehow break conditioning, they can't run away without losing most of their abilities.

My Characters

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #434 on: <06-17-12/1016:07> »
Sengir, I think you need to compare the two.  Deus took numerous minutes to deliberately create, one at a time, UV addicts who were greatly hindered if they went off his grid.
See Mirikon. It's not a bug, it's a feature...

Mirage took five minutes to accidentally create five perfected otaku.  Which one do you think had more experience?  Which one do you think had been assembled at the most basic level of their code to interface with the human mind and correct 'deviations' in their thought processes?
I'd content Deus' brainwashing and mind control techniques were far more advanced than anything Mirage could come up with. She could repair damage caused to nodes of the Network, but never could have done something similar herself. With all the resources Deus had at his disposal Mirage could certainly have drawn level, but she/it didn't have those resources.

I would also doubt the "accidental" bit. I'm pretty sure the five Mirage Otaku are specifically given this "gift".

Lastly, all the allusions you claim to be hard facts are from a single source: A novel. While technically novels are canon, they often take more than just a few liberties with setting and mechanics. I recall one novel where a character can suddenly jump crazy high because he activated his Wired Reflexes...