NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #375 on: <05-28-12/1047:02> »
Shadows are beautifull. My favourite vilain, right after Shedim. But still, they are all just a Vanguards. Just a taste of things to come...

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #376 on: <05-28-12/1217:15> »
Just wait til Verjigorm shows up.

Even great dragons have boogeymen.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #377 on: <05-28-12/1315:34> »
Yes, but Verjigorm has stats, so it can be killed.  ::)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #378 on: <05-28-12/1604:23> »

But the idea hardly holds water anylonger (especially since the introduction of shadow spirits).

Seriously, the first time I read about Shadow Spirits in Street Magic, I was like, "Holy crap! Horrors! Small time, minor Horrors, but still... Horrors!"

Then Ghost Cartels revealed that tempo users are possessed by Shadow Spirits. And the Shadow Spirit can keep possessing them even if they stop taking the drug. They're never free of it. Like a Horror Mark....

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #379 on: <05-28-12/1610:01> »
The means by which the shadow spirits possessed tempo users was by forcing a Spirit Pact (specifically a Dream Pact) with the victim. Not quite the same as horrors. But they are malevolent little buggers, yes.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #380 on: <05-28-12/1750:27> »
Yes, but Verjigorm has stats, so it can be killed.  ::)
Yeah, sure, let me get Ghostwalker and Lofwyr on conference call to help out with that.

That'll raise our chances from nil to slim.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #381 on: <05-28-12/1845:31> »
Precisely.  Verjigorm's stats are insane.  Not just the raw numbers, but the powers, abilities, and combinations thereof that are horrifying.  If the GM doesn't prep for at least an hour before a fight between Verj and his players, then the GM isn't using all of the Horror's abilities to the fullest.

So many of V's abilities require a bit of forethought that to just drop it down in front of your players is a waste of a good adversary.  With a tiny amount of planning, especially since fighting an entity as ancient and terrible as Verjigorm, a small group of players will get destroyed (TPK) within the first round.

There is a reason the recommended number of adepts to fight V is 25.  All of them 15th Circle (the highest, most brokenly powerful in ED).
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #382 on: <05-28-12/1913:50> »
How bad is this critter?  Lofwyr would let Harley ride him into battle without complaining.

Too much.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #383 on: <05-28-12/2343:14> »

But the idea hardly holds water anylonger (especially since the introduction of shadow spirits).

Seriously, the first time I read about Shadow Spirits in Street Magic, I was like, "Holy crap! Horrors! Small time, minor Horrors, but still... Horrors!"

Then Ghost Cartels revealed that tempo users are possessed by Shadow Spirits. And the Shadow Spirit can keep possessing them even if they stop taking the drug. They're never free of it. Like a Horror Mark....

:^:

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #384 on: <05-29-12/0116:41> »
Wait. Verjigorma has Shadowrun Stats? I didnt think "it" even awakened in the 6th world

ElMorte

• Newb
« Reply #385 on: <05-29-12/0457:22> »
Wait. Verjigorma has Shadowrun Stats? I didnt think "it" even awakened in the 6th world

I think they refer to the ED-Stats.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #386 on: <05-29-12/0524:06> »
I guess so ;)

And since it wasnt destroyed or killed during Earthdawn era, I dont think its end is near in Shadowrun...

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #387 on: <05-29-12/0528:29> »
It doesn't have SR stats that I know of, but it had stats in Earthdawn, and the equivalents can be roughly approximated to a degree. (The "step" rolled in Earthdawn is kinda sorta equivalent to the size of the dice pool in SR4: the Attribute adds an amount ranging from 1-7 for starting humans, and the skill/talent adds its rating.)

In which case, it has 38 dice for attack with damage 40, 34 dice to defense, an initiative of 35 with either 3 or 6 Initiative Passes, armor & mystic armor 40, Edge 20 (or Edge 50... depends on which Karma stat you consider equivalent to Edge), 40 dice for Spellcasting, all the spells of an 8th Circle Wizard (the highest level in the ED core book... Circles 9-15 were in the ED Companion), an ungodly number of boxes on its Damage Track... and that doesn't even begin to cover its Horror Powers, many of which have no SR equivalent:

Animate Dead = raises a corpse as a zombie on the spot
Corrupt Karma = you can't use your Edge
Curse Luck = reduces your dice rolls, similar to the Great Dragons' Twist Fate
Damage Shift = you take the damage that it was supposed to take
Horror Mark = it can track you anywhere forever until you kill the Horror, damage you from 10 miles away, enter your mind from 5,000 miles away
Horror Thread = the Horror can control you; Verjigorm has used this on the captured dragons it's spend millenia corrupting
Thought Worm = it telepathically enters your mind and plants a suggestion; if you refuse to obey, you take damage
Unnatural Life = raises a corpse from the grave, but this time the undead retains all the skills it had in life

The payoff for a group that actually managed to kill Verjigorm was 2,000,000 Legend Points. Which is about enough to given almost anyone an instant jump to "Living Legend/Figure of Myth" status.

Verjigorm intends to replace all sentient life on Earth with its own corrupted versions. It's been sitting out the Scourges to prapare for its next move for about 15,000 years.

We are not ready.
« Last Edit: <05-29-12/0533:20> by TheNarrator »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #388 on: <05-29-12/0532:10> »
Yeah.
We need a fucking Naruto to beat this guy

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #389 on: <05-29-12/0627:01> »
No, you need Naruto, Goku, Gandalf, and Elminster to team up. With some help from several great dragons.

My Characters