NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #330 on: <04-10-12/2241:28> »
It was in Night's Pawn, the character was involved with Fuchi but an unnamed Eastern European country dropped the hammer.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #331 on: <04-11-12/0305:34> »
I gues it wasnt exactly "Eastern" but it was european at least. I recall hearing that this happens somewhere in Ardens?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #332 on: <04-11-12/0514:33> »
Re: Horror stats, go do a little hunting in the Threats book for Mr. Darke.  He has two types of Horrors he can call ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #333 on: <04-11-12/0602:42> »
Re: Horror stats, go do a little hunting in the Threats book for Mr. Darke.  He has two types of Horrors he can call ...

I have an impression he is involved somehow in Aztlan and whole Dulkezahn situation, but in fact I didnt seen any further references of this Threat, since I wasnt playing 3rd ed exactly by the setting books...it wasnt easy to get my hands on them here in Eastern europe. What is his further appearance, if you can point me to related links/Events?

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #334 on: <04-11-12/1932:36> »
He's in Harlequin's Back as the BBEG. Not sure if his stat line stayed the same between those books.

Regarding Night's Pawn, I was under the impression the attackers were from one of the Balkan countries. It was a black op and they didn't have any identifiers, iirc they spoke Russian. 
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #335 on: <04-12-12/1743:25> »
M. Darke appeared first as an antagonist in the campaign Harlequin's Back. The sourcebook Threats gave revised stats for him. And he finally appeared again as an antagonist in the Dragonheart Trilogy novels (Stranger Souls, Clockwork Asylum and Beyond The Pale) wherre he ends up killed, seemingly for good. Corporate Download dealt with the aftermath of an Aztechnology higher-up called "Oscuro", who was leading the blood mages faction within the corporation and vanished in a time frame consistent with the Dragonheart trilogy events. It is likely Oscuro is another name for M. Darke. Corporate Guide mentions again Oscuro role and his death.

Also, Geraldo Solis, a former Aztechnology board member retired on Zurich-Orbital, in Corporate Download, and Ad El-Hameed Hassani, an Aztlan citizen of Lybian descent heading the Apep Consortium whose bodyguards are former Aztechnology Jaguar guards, in Loose Alliances are heavily hinted as former associates of M. Darke, unless one of them actually is M. Darke.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #336 on: <05-23-12/2249:01> »
Something I believe has been said before (by myself, not just others, most likely) is that Horrors aren't villians.  They are hungry, viscious, and commit terribly evil acts and often corrupt others into doing even worse, but they aren't mustache-twirling "I've got you NOW, my pretty!" evil villians.

They do what they do because they feed off the negative energies that their actions generate in their victims (and, occasionally, the flesh of their victims) and not because it's eeeeeeeevil.  They do it to survive.  Horrors tap into many fears (in you and the players, not just the characters), but the most primal one is the whole being eaten alive thing.  They do that in spades, and make you suffer every nasty second of it.

So, please remember, no matter what stats you give them, no matter what powers you give them, Horrors are there to consume prey.  Metahumanity just happens to be that prey (or the most common type), so make sure the Horror uses every scrap of cunning to get what it needs from some very dangerous targets.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #337 on: <05-24-12/0636:22> »
The low level horrors are like that, Gunny, but the REALLY dangerous ones are sadistic, evil bastards that take great pleasure in finding new and delightful ways to torment their prey. Yes, they have to feed on emotions to survive. And vampires have to feed on essence. However, there's a big difference between taking a 'donation' from a willing victim, as some vampires do, and ripping someone's throat out as you drain them dry.

The Blood Wood survived the Scourge only because having the people inflict constant, agonizing pain on themselves made them TASTE BAD!
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #338 on: <05-24-12/1407:12> »
Ok, which would you rather have?  Ramen noodles or a good steak?  That's the difference for the more powerful Horrors.  They are more sadistic because that is what it takes to get them the good stuff they both need and crave.

And also, serious question, would you rather have a handful of Cocoa Puffs or a hot fudge sundae for dessert?  Think on it.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #339 on: <05-24-12/1456:08> »
Yeah, they're parasites more than Evilk for Evil's Sake. We might not like tapeworms, for instance, but it's in their best interest for us to stay alive so they can feed.

As for dragons, Alamais was hit by an airplane-mounted laser and lived, but was out of sight for a while so he must have been hurt rather terribly. The scar's a nice reminder of his mortality. Firewings was a tad loco, and lashed out at German airforce assets when they found her. She wound up getting wounded in the fight (Missiles? What are thoOW OW OW!) and went down in radiation land. Rumor has it that she's still alive, but full-blown toxic and WAY crazy. No confirmed sightings, however, just a lot of really impressive rumors. Nightmaster and Lofwyr did the dragon deathdance over Germany, and Lofwyr won. No one's ever said what happened to the body, however.

Ghostwalker fought some conventional assets when dealing with Denver, but they were hampered by the environment and by the groups not trusting one another (Oh Denver, never change!) ... By and large, dragons tend to take the view of "In enough numbers, it could end badly for me. Stay low, get others to do your dirty work for you, and if all else fails, cheat to win."

LESSER dragons have been thumped here and there, or served as parts of a greater force, but are nowhere near as hard to gun down if needed.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #340 on: <05-24-12/1914:24> »
Alamais's scar is actually something left over from the Fourth World, when he tried to reclaim his home in Wyrm Wood.

My Characters

IKerensky

• Newb
« Reply #341 on: <05-25-12/0757:28> »
And dont forget the worse things about horrors : They are already present in the shape of their denatured descent...

... The Dragons !!!

Yes, the dragons are not from our earth but originated from the horror meta-plane their progenitor fleed. No wonder they are so alien to other races.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #342 on: <05-25-12/0848:06> »
Actually, Nightslayer was one of the horoi, that were created by the Dark One, who would later be Named Verjigorm. Nightslayer came to a world that the horoi had not yet corrupted, and cried nine tears for joy at the sight. The first tear became Dayheart, the first dragon, and each of the others became the other Namegiver races: Human, Ork, Troll, Elf, Dwarf, Windling, T'skrang, and Obsidimen.

My Characters

IKerensky

• Newb
« Reply #343 on: <05-25-12/0917:38> »
Yeah, but didn't All-Wings also been one of the primal dragon in another version of the tale ? I need to check book once more... (and again and again :p ).

The fact that Horroď AND Dragon both have trouble staying active in down-cycle seems to confirm common origin. That and the fact that their level of power and general appearance wasn't all that different in the first place and totally alien to other earthbound creature (dont talk but use telephathic, only living animal with 2 pair of members and wings, can adjust form and shape, loved to enslave and rule all other creature for their own sustenance and happiness, are totally alien to the human(and meta-human) way of thinking).

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #344 on: <05-25-12/1019:59> »
Dayheart was the first dragon. All-Wings was a very powerful great dragon long ago who broke with dragon tradition and raised her own eggs. Mountainshadow and Icewing were part of her last clutch of eggs. You'd know them better as Dunkelzhan and Ghostwalker, perhaps.

My Characters