NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #315 on: <04-10-12/0911:04> »
The lasers hurt him bad, however, and it was years before he was seen again, possibly implying that he took a long time to heal from wounds like that. If a follow-up strike had hit him, they might have been able to kill him outright.

Remember, as CanRay says, there are levels of 'dead'. Level 1: "The bomb went off and destroyed the building he was in, he must be dead." Level 2: "I shot him twice center mass before he fell off the cliff. He must be dead!" Level 3: "I shot him twice, checked to see if he was breathing, and dumped him in a shallow grave." Finally, Level 4: "I shot him twice in the chest, once more in the head, decapitated the body, and then burned and salted the remains, before dumping it all into the ocean."

They stopped at Level 2 with Alamais.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #316 on: <04-10-12/0924:20> »
You forgot Level 5.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #317 on: <04-10-12/0928:24> »
There was something about that laser strike on Alamais that was weird - the result of it was that he resembled his Fourth World (physical) self even more, i.e. the scar running down his chest.  In 4W that scar was the result of his conflict with the elves of Blood Wood - he was almost certainly known as Elfbane back then.

It was like he was being "restored" to his former appearance, like the universe was saying to him "don't forget . . ." Pity we don't know more about the events leading up to the laser strike.

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #318 on: <04-10-12/1036:03> »
You forgot Level 5.

I'll bite, whats Level 5?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #319 on: <04-10-12/1043:31> »
There was something about that laser strike on Alamais that was weird - the result of it was that he resembled his Fourth World (physical) self even more, i.e. the scar running down his chest.  In 4W that scar was the result of his conflict with the elves of Blood Wood - he was almost certainly known as Elfbane back then.

It was like he was being "restored" to his former appearance, like the universe was saying to him "don't forget . . ." Pity we don't know more about the events leading up to the laser strike.

In fact, Im completely clueless in this matter...what source?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #320 on: <04-10-12/1047:15> »
And I thought it was Feurschwing(sp?) that got hit by orbital bombardment?

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #321 on: <04-10-12/1052:16> »
And I thought it was Feurschwing(sp?) that got hit by orbital bombardment?

IMO this one was killed by Lofwyr personally  in the duel above the Frankfurt...

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #322 on: <04-10-12/1112:57> »

In fact, Im completely clueless in this matter...what source?

Earthdawn Book of Dragons, and  SR Dragons of the Sixth World.  Sorry, I should have stated that my previous was my impression of the laser/Alamais event.

Nachtmeister was the dragon killed by Lofwyr above Frankfurt, in 2062.  Feuerschwinge went down in the SOX in 2012.  And yes, I know about the survival theory.

Cailieg

• Newb
« Reply #323 on: <04-10-12/1136:20> »
So assuming a Rating 21+ Horror would be needed (theoretical number based on another posters number) to sustain itself in the Earth's current Manasphere, which might be drawn to the activities of Aztlan/Aztechnology. Namely the physical desecration of dragon remains in blood magic to summon and bind the Dragon's spirit, and large rituals to then torture the spirit of first Dzitlbach. Then iff they get their way the physical torture then desecration/spiritual torture of Sirrug as part of a bridging ritual based in Blood Magic?

Alexis
*smiles*

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #324 on: <04-10-12/1250:13> »
You forgot Level 5.
I'll bite, whats Level 5?
Level 5 didn't exist until I read it in a Dresden Files novel:  "Drop the guy in the middle of a nuclear explosive testing range with 1/2 second on the clock."

You get vaporization with witnesses to ensure he doesn't come back.

Level 6 involves even more extreme measures.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #325 on: <04-10-12/1324:47> »
Alamais surviving orbital laser bombardment is a travesty.

That happens a lot when I roll for damage. (In almost all game systems.) :'(
Andrew Grim

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #326 on: <04-10-12/2043:19> »
Alamais didn't get hit with orbital lasers he got hit with plane mounted lasers, basically a Firelance. Not saying he shouldn't have died but there's a big difference between the two. I hope Hestaby gets it next.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #327 on: <04-10-12/2058:49> »
I've been wondering, Angel, why such hate for Hestaby?

My Characters

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #328 on: <04-10-12/2118:14> »
She's a traitor to her own kind, if there's one thing you don't do it's sell out family. Airing dirty laundry isn't cool either, handle your beef in house.

Edit- Also she's always been "that other dragon", what unique thing has she done? Besides cheat during the dragon competition.
« Last Edit: <04-10-12/2126:01> by Angelone »
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #329 on: <04-10-12/2203:14> »
Alamais didn't get hit with orbital lasers he got hit with plane mounted lasers, basically a Firelance. Not saying he shouldn't have died but there's a big difference between the two. I hope Hestaby gets it next.

That was in one of the older novels... Fuchi took him out?  Am I remembering that right?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P