Shadowrun General > General Discussion

Emerald City & Lone Star’s New Security Ratings

(1/2) > >>

Maded:
Aside from guesswork based upon reading through Emerald City and Sixth World Companion, I must have missed any direct translation of the older Zone Ratings to the new Lone Star security ratings. Can anyone pop those up here? Thanks!

Michael Chandra:
From the words of JM Hardy on Facebook:

Platinum - AAA
Gold - AA
Silver - A
Bronze - B
Copper - C
Blue - D
White - E
Unlisted - Z

MercilessMing:

--- Quote from: Maded on ---Aside from guesswork based upon reading through Emerald City and Sixth World Companion, I must have missed any direct translation of the older Zone Ratings to the new Lone Star security ratings. Can anyone pop those up here? Thanks!

--- End quote ---
You didn't miss anything!  The CRB doesn't talk about Security Zones in a corporate-specific way.  It was boneheaded to change them for flavor in Emerald City. 
It's bad design to rename game mechanics for in-universe reasons.  Like if Ares weapons started calling their firing modes Justice, Double Tap, Stay Down, and Bullet Freedom and appeared in the Gear Section as J/DT/SD/BF.  What a mess.

DeathStrobe:

--- Quote from: MercilessMing on ---
--- Quote from: Maded on ---Aside from guesswork based upon reading through Emerald City and Sixth World Companion, I must have missed any direct translation of the older Zone Ratings to the new Lone Star security ratings. Can anyone pop those up here? Thanks!

--- End quote ---
You didn't miss anything!  The CRB doesn't talk about Security Zones in a corporate-specific way.  It was boneheaded to change them for flavor in Emerald City. 
It's bad design to rename game mechanics for in-universe reasons.  Like if Ares weapons started calling their firing modes Justice, Double Tap, Stay Down, and Bullet Freedom and appeared in the Gear Section as J/DT/SD/BF.  What a mess.

--- End quote ---

But SR does do that sometimes. Like the techno-color Matrix security of the first few editions.

MercilessMing:
Yeah, I was a bit harsh, but obvs they should have listed the equivalent next to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version